Going back for HoT and PoF Master Achievements - Main or Alts?

Happy New Year all!

As I start looking into Ascended gear, I discovered that I blew through HoT and PoF without getting most of the achievements and therefore I'm missing the Master Achievements (the ones that award gear, not the Mastery points). I have a collection of level 80 toons, but only my main has finished the personal story, LWS2, HoT, LWS3, and PoF. I'm saving LWS4 for later.

If you were in my shoes, would you go back with your Main or start moving through the stories with alts?

Thanks!OldSchool

Good point from Ayrilana - both expansions have a set of 3-choice achievements that can't be done on one character: HoT have the Orders backpacks; PoF have the Banners from choosing how to defend Amnoon.

Going through with alts as you get these can probably also reduce the general feeling of grind to get all the achievements.

Thank you both for your input. I had not noticed that detail about 3 choices. My instinct had been to run through again with my main, but like Tanner mentioned, I wasn't keen on making it feel like a grind. Knowing that I need at least three separate runs settles it for me. Two alts are warming up now :)Thanks again.

• 5 months later...

Once you get the story mastery achievement, does the game only let you acquire one chest and if so, do the specs only build to the character you finished the achievement on? I ask, because my main is a Mesmer and my primary alt is a Paladin. Both have completely different specs on gear. :-/

@jerrypcjr.6489 said:Once you get the story mastery achievement, does the game only let you acquire one chest and if so, do the specs only build to the character you finished the achievement on? I ask, because my main is a Mesmer and my primary alt is a Paladin. Both have completely different specs on gear. :-/

Achievements are earned for the entire account. You only get the reward and the points once. Story rewards, however, are awarded to any character that completes that particular story chapter/instance/objective.

Archived