Match Manipulation in NA Ranked

Ryan.9387

For most of us PvPers, the ultimate reward is the prestige from placing well in monthly ATs and ranked PvP seasons. Many of us have played for thousands of hours and through thousands of games trying to place and perform well. This season I had a real shot at obtaining the rank 1 title in NA only for the spot to get taken by a player(s) who is swimming in allegations of match manipulation. Having this happen kills all the enjoyment and excitement I feel for pvp.

Perhaps I don't deserve the title. Honestly I feel my placement is largely due to the game's balance. But I've always made an effort to never match manipulate, and to never throw games.

I don't have hard proof, but the pvp community gossips and person after person tells me the same thing. There is something sketchy going on. I implore you Arenanet, please investigate the allegations into match manipulation for high ranked players on the NA leaderboards. Investigate me too, make it fair.

Assure us that the most valuable rewards for PvP players can still be attained through honest play. Because if they can't be, what is left for us to play for?

@Ryan.9387 said:For most of us PvPers, the ultimate reward is the prestige from placing well in monthly ATs and ranked PvP seasons. Many of us have played for thousands of hours and through thousands of games trying to place and perform well. This season I had a real shot at obtaining the rank 1 title in NA only for the spot to get taken by a player(s) who is swimming in allegations of match manipulation. Having this happen kills all the enjoyment and excitement I feel for pvp.

Perhaps I don't deserve the title. Honestly I feel my placement is largely due to the game's balance. But I've always made an effort to never match manipulate, and to never throw games.

I don't have hard proof, but the pvp community gossips and person after person tells me the same thing. There is something sketchy going on. I implore you Arenanet, please investigate the allegations into match manipulation for high ranked players on the NA leaderboards. Investigate me too, make it fair.

Assure us that the most valuable rewards for PvP players can still be attained through honest play. Because if they can't be, what is left for us to play for?

What, you telling me someone raising to 1º place out of nowhere with more than 80% win rate is not legit?? The same player that have been acused before of match manipulation on previous seasons?This is nothing new, to tell the truth, I would find really weird to have a pvp season without this lol...after all, why not exploit the game? Its not like Anet care or anything, and even if they can caught the cheaters(by efforts of the community) its not like they will give any kind of heavy punishment...so dont even bother man, if you climbed the leaderboard 100% legit, i feel sorry for you to have your place taken out like this, but seriously, dont even bother next season, not worth.

@Blood.5607 said:

@steelrage.2904 said:the only reason u get close is because no one plays anymore

This. The more and more seasons keep coming, the less players who obtained top 10 from last season play, be thankful some of us aren't there :^)

When the irrelevant players (basically the whole season 9 ladder) become relevant due to everyone good leaving or uninstalling.

@"Ryan.9387" said:Honestly I feel my placement is largely due to the game's balance. But I've always made an effort to never match manipulate, and to never throw games.

You're trying to say you're effective due to the games state of balance but in reality you're not effective in any way regardless of balance or no balancethis is literally you in every AT finalhttps://imgur.com/a/VZVBF

You breaking into the top 10 ranks is just the result of ppl who can easily wreck you not bothering to queue ranked because they already got titles/no fun/can't be bothered to, and the only ppl that might think you're good are the plebs/randos who are clueless about the actual pvp scene or whats left of it

I usually don't make these kinds of posts but reading something this delusional, it's too hard to hold back from calling you out

I'm barely an average player who luckily made it to rank 1 but my rating was barely above legend and now that a good player just sniped it from me I'm sad WAAAA it has to be match manipulation. Like it actually blows my mind how a player as mediocre as you with a 100-35 w/l is surprised a player miles better than him and has ACTUALLY PLAYED COMPETITIVELY has 100-20 w/l. What blows my mind even further is you actually think you "deserve" the rank 1 title. For everyone here who is unaware the skill level of said player, watch these 2 clips:

Clip 1: He +1s a SB vs Mirage 1v1 AS A FIREBRAND, only to die 2V1 and cry to his warrior for not "pressing F" > https://clips.twitch.tv/CrazyTenaciousStarlingBudBlastClip 2: Just listen to what theyre saying about firebrand, amulets, and how cocky he is as he plays AXE/SCEPTER on firebrand. >https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentEphemeralDragonflyGivePLZ

Just like steel said, you're only there because no one in NA cares or plays anymore. If people played you'd pass for an OK plat pug at best.So stop crying about a better player passing you and take the L.

@MLGKorno.5419 said:

@"Ryan.9387" said:Honestly I feel my placement is largely due to the game's balance. But I've always made an effort to never match manipulate, and to never throw games.

You're trying to say you're effective due to the games state of balance but in reality you're not effective in any way regardless of balance or no balancethis is literally you in every AT final
You breaking into the top 10 ranks is just the result of ppl who can easily wreck you not bothering to queue ranked because they already got titles/no fun/can't be bothered to, and the only ppl that might think you're good are the plebs/randos who are clueless about the actual pvp scene or whats left of it

I usually don't make these kinds of posts but reading something this delusional, it's too hard to hold back from calling you out

Ooo, so you use AT result (premade que) to diss guy on soloQ leaderboard?In fishy Quaggan opinion that doesn't make any sense as those are basicaly two different game modes.

@Morwath.9817 said:

You're trying to say you're effective due to the games state of balance but in reality you're not effective in any way regardless of balance or no balancethis is literally you in every AT final

Ooo, so you use AT result (premade que) to diss guy on soloQ leaderboard?In fishy Quaggan opinion that doesn't make any sense as those are basicaly two different game modes.

See my above post"and the only ppl that might think you're good are the plebs/randos who are clueless about the actual pvp scene or whats left of it"you are one of them

@MLGKorno.5419 said:

See my above post"and the only ppl that might think you're good are the plebs/randos who are clueless about the actual pvp scene or whats left of it"you are one of them

Sorry, but who are you to diss Quaggan?

@"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:I'm barely an average player who luckily made it to rank 1 but my rating was barely above legend and now that a good player just sniped it from me I'm sad WAAAA it has to be match manipulation. Like it actually blows my mind how a player as mediocre as you with a 100-35 w/l is surprised a player miles better than him and has ACTUALLY PLAYED COMPETITIVELY has 100-20 w/l. What blows my mind even further is you actually think you "deserve" the rank 1 title. For everyone here who is unaware the skill level of said player, watch these 2 clips:

Clip 1: He +1s a SB vs Mirage 1v1 AS A FIREBRAND, only to die 2V1 and cry to his warrior for not "pressing F" > https://clips.twitch.tv/CrazyTenaciousStarlingBudBlastClip 2: Just listen to what theyre saying about firebrand, amulets, and how cocky he is as he plays AXE/SCEPTER on firebrand. >https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentEphemeralDragonflyGivePLZ

Just like steel said, you're only there because no one in NA cares or plays anymore. If people played you'd pass for an OK plat pug at best.So stop crying about a better player passing you and take the L.

As many of you are aware, we received many reports that the winners of July’s Monthly tournament were not played by the owners of those accounts. After a thorough investigation, we have found that these accusations are true.We are taking this very seriously. **The following 10 players listed below have been given permanent dishonor.****Naru and alts**Nos and altsWakkey and altsToker and altsZeromis and altsAsuna ProxyForever I PromiseLove Them BoonsJolly KarenMakusIn addition, we have removed prizes gained by the winning players and have cleared the statues. They will retain the titles for a short while until we can remove them in the future.We will be continuing to monitor tournaments in the future.

Also I remember this one too:

We have received several reports of players participating in activities that are detrimental to the accuracy and fair competition of the Leagues Season 5 leaderboards. After conducting an investigation of the current leaderboards, we’ve decided to take action against a number of accounts. These accounts will be removed from the leaderboard and restricted from playing in rated arenas for the remainder of the season.Season 6 will have changes to help ensure the leaderboard is accurate and fosters healthy competition. We are excited for the final days of Season 5 to see what people achieve!

Oh and this one too:

A message from the PvP team:We have received many reports this season about match manipulation both here on the forums and via in-game reports. Our investigation revealed that a few players were sharing a handful of accounts, which is clearly against our User Agreement.While the investigation into this is still ongoing, at this time we have enough evidence to take action. As a result, we’ve decided to give dishonor to the offending accounts for the rest of the season. As our investigation continues, further action may be taken should we feel it appropriate.

To be frank, your opinion on anything regarding the integrity pvp is irrelevant. That goes for marvin and some others in this thread. You can talk yourself hoarse about my skill but at least all my results have been earned by straight up play.

I like how I get pulled into this, when the worst i've done was just account sharing, which I still feel isn't truly match manipulation compared to actually throwing games and etc. You keep bringing up the past, but it doesn't change anything. It doesn't matter what accounts any of us play on, the results will be the same. With the way the current game and the state of it is going, barely anyone cares. Vaanss is actually a good player, and people are just straight up better. Leave that stuff back in 2017, it's 2018. Investing so much time into PvP isn't healthy.

@Bossun.2046 said:

who are you? a delusional RPer who knows nothing about pvp?

Soo, as Quaggan thought, you're some random nobody.Why would random nobody diss random delusional RPer?

He is not a nobody, he is a sword/sword mirage who made Moobs lose against EU.

YOu know, the one the Sindrener was dissing

Ooo, Quaggan doesn't know who made Moobs lose against EU, as Quaggan doesn't think it was one certain person as those builds were rather odd and inferior.

Honestly, Quaggan is pretty sad and fishy, as he see people who don't even have balls to try compete in first soloQ season jump on those who actualy try to do their best in given season and come here to derail thread about important matter (tip: it's not that Ryan consider himself good enough to be 1st, but match manipulation and win trading).

@MLGKorno.5419 said:

but good job derailing the thread from the other delusional monkeys

Ooo, but you're the one derailing thread, as it's not thread about Ryan, but match manipulation...

@Morwath.9817 said:

who are you? a delusional RPer who knows nothing about pvp?

Soo, as Quaggan thought, you're some random nobody.Why would random nobody diss random delusional RPer?

He is not a nobody, he is a sword/sword mirage who made Moobs lose against EU.

YOu know, the one the Sindrener was dissing

Honestly, Quaggan is pretty sad and fishy, as he see people who don't even have b@lls to try compete in first soloQ season jump on those who actualy try to do their best in given season and come here to derail thread about important matter (tip: it's not that Ryan consider himself good enough to be 1st, but match manipulation and win trading).

but good job derailing the thread from the other delusional monkeys

Ooo, but you're the one derailing thread, as it's not thread about Ryan, but match manipulation...

LOL so all of us are just too scared to queue. that's totally the case.

@Ryan.9387 said:For most of us PvPers, the ultimate reward is the prestige from placing well in monthly ATs and ranked PvP seasons. Many of us have played for thousands of hours and through thousands of games trying to place and perform well. This season I had a real shot at obtaining the rank 1 title in NA only for the spot to get taken by a player(s) who is swimming in allegations of match manipulation. Having this happen kills all the enjoyment and excitement I feel for pvp.

dude.. calm down.... who cares.... everyone quit lol.

Archived