Fashion Wars Weapons

1st: Why isn't there a Fashion Wars thread on the forums to discuss Fashion and other genres?

2nd: What is the best Light Armor class to use a Focus on? I'm hoping the answer is Necro, because it would be really cool, but I was hoping to know what I should start using while I'm building the The Binding of Ipos Focus weapon. It's pretty much going to be the litch skin, but I'm still working on the other "Fashion" for this Fashion Wars.

It depends a lot on the game formatIn general I would say that choosing a weapon and armor type (light) for fashion reasons is a bad choice to start with.The second observation is that this effect is worse with the elementalist as they don’t swap weapons and so limits yourself further.

The last observation is that focus is not the used weapon.

A good place to look is metabattle, both for ideas and inspiration.Necromancer: I don’t see many builds there with a focusElementalist: good for pvp buildsMesmer: good for wvw builds

You do realise you’re not restricted to what Metabattle deems flavour of the month right? They might showcase what is optimal but there’s a huge variety of what you can do with every profession.Axe/Dagger-focus Power Necro/Reaper is surprisingly effective, might not be optimal by all means but it gets shit done and is pretty fun.I use Sword-Shield/Focus on my Chrono for T4 Fractals.I also use focus on my Elementalist for open World content and PvP.I’m considering making The Binding of Ipos purely for my Reaper truth be told.Play whatever you like. If you want to use focus then use it. It’s how you play that matters. It’s all well and good suggesting Metabattle, but if you play the build like shit, your dps will suck, and you are not optimal that way.

If you spend most of your time in PvE then honestly you can use whatever you want. For raids and maybe high level fractals you might need to conform to the role/build your group needs, but for most things you can do whatever you want.

My main character is a ranger whose main weapon has been a shortbow for about 4 years now. In that time it's periodically cycled from "useless, don't even know why the game has shortbows" to "ok for the right build" to "ranger = shortbow" to "OMG condition builds are so OP!" to useless again. Not in that order, it seems pretty random to me. I keep using it regardless because I like it. I have plenty of other weapons to choose from if I need it, or just want a change, but if it's up to me then chances are I'm using a showbow.

Even if you're concerned about having the best possible build for your character there's every chance the meta-game will shift and focus will become popular sooner or later. Or you could try figuring out focus builds and maybe you'll invent one which will catch on.

(Also to answer your other topic there isn't a single dedicated 'fashion wars' topic because it's not really one topic. But if you look through the forums you'll find lots of topics where people are sharing, discussing or asking for advice on how their character looks.)

@"AlphaWolvesGamer.5790" said:2nd: What is the best Light Armor class to use a Focus on? I'm hoping the answer is Necro, because it would be really cool, but I was hoping to know what I should start using while I'm building the The Binding of Ipos Focus weapon. It's pretty much going to be the litch skin, but I'm still working on the other "Fashion" for this Fashion Wars.Focus is fine on Power Reaper.

Both Axe/Focus+GS and Axe/Focus+Dager/Warhorn are viable weaponsets for every kind of content.

Archived