Help deciding Main for POF ?

Falados.7165

It's hard to say due to nobody knowing how strong the new elite specs will be but Ele generally works well in my books especially for solo play. I would say Guardian though due to your carpal tunnel as that class has also worked well for me but again we'll only know for sure once the expansion fully launches which elite specs truly shine ^^

In general, each elite is an extension of its core class... the new PoF elites will change them on a higher level, but their essence will remain the same. So pick a class you currently are happy to play and go with that.

If you've got carpal tunnel... I'd probably stay away from Ele and Engi as their mechanics will likely not agree with your condition (the frantic hand movements required for the rotations).

If you've got carpal tunnel... I'd probably stay away from Ele and Engi as their mechanics will likely not agree with your condition (the frantic hand movements required for the rotations).

In openworld-PvE you can always play a staff-ele and camp (mostly) on the fire attunement for an easy rotation. :)

@Falados.7165 said:What about Deadeye or Reneegade which of these 2 would have easier pve ?I would say renegade. Your skills basically spawn an npc that buff you and your allies. Deadeye kinda locks itself up in place, so might get a bit tricky in certain given situations, not to mention low health. Regardless, my advice would be spellbreaker. The class itself is already easy to pick up and very survivable/sustaining. Spellbreaker adds on top of that. Tho you wont be that great of a mightbot in pve endgame content, which is what you're aiming for as a warrior. Not saying that you can't.. just less

@GWMO.4785 said:

@Falados.7165 said:What about Deadeye or Reneegade which of these 2 would have easier pve ?I would say renegade. Your skills basically spawn an npc that buff you and your allies. Deadeye kinda locks itself up in place, so might get a bit tricky in certain given situations, not to mention low health. Regardless, my advice would be spellbreaker. The class itself is already easy to pick up and very survivable/sustaining. Spellbreaker adds on top of that. Tho you wont be that great of a mightbot in pve endgame content, which is what you're aiming for as a warrior. Not saying that you can't.. just less

Meaning i need to get warrior to 80 :( no time for that lol

@Falados.7165 said:

@GWMO.4785 said:

Meaning i need to get warrior to 80 :( no time for that lol

Your lvl 80 boost from PoF got lost somewhere?

I'm sorry to see you having difficulty getting your question answered!

I deal with carpal tunnel myself, and for PvE solo play I enjoy the core Ranger. The ranged distance and tanky pets allow me minimal movement during most combat, and I don't feel like I'm playing the piano with my skills. I'm also consistently able to take on group events with little to no assistance, have had no difficulty with Story, and can take down vets, many champs, and even a few legendaries solo. I'm not face-smashing or mud stomping anything, of course, but I am holding my own with minimal wrist ache.That said, the more recent the content you are playing, the more groups, constant movement, and "piano playing" becomes necessary.I suggest looking over your key binds, there may be set ups which will be more comfortable for you than the defaults. Also be aware that there are multiple options available to make your character -move-, so you can avoid cramping if you get comfortable with at least two. AWSD and holding both mouse buttons are the ones I usually cycle between.

As far as Builds go, there are a couple of sites that can help you with that.https://metabattle.comhttp://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Hope this helps, and Welcome to Tyria!

I chose Spellbreaker. It felt really good in the elite spec demo weekend. Some may say it's just a boring Warrior thing again but I actually enjoyed it a lot. The damage felt appropriate, the boon stripping potential was great, the animations all felt great and fluid. I'd definitely say Warrior as a whole for any gameplay type is generally more simplistic as in not needing to face-roll-keyboard. It's definitely more forgiving to say the least. But the choice is up to you. I don't think you'd be disappointed though with the Spellbreaker.

Id avoid classes with lots of skills, Ele #1 stay away, Engi and Firebrand as well, Id say Warrior, Deadeye, Revenant isnt bad either, or Necro. If you want just from new elite specs Id say Deadeye, you can kneel from safe distance and shoot your targets, with no CDs you could just spam the same skill and wouldnt require much moving. Probably most simplest out of all the new elite specs.

Archived