Game alt-tabbing or flashing desktop [merged] - Page 7 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Game alt-tabbing or flashing desktop [merged]

145791012

Comments

  • Tyrane.9321Tyrane.9321 Member ✭✭

    Mine is also doing something similar after the W10 update. Everytime there is a load screen when switching maps, the game goes to desktop then back to the game again. Literally every time there is a loading screen

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm gonna ask here, all you having issues are using an SSD?

  • Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

    @Amhiel.6195 said:

    @darksome.1697 said:

    @GM Magister.8736 said:

    Hey Amhiel! I found your ticket, and it actually doesn't look like you did quite what we needed. You did send us a list of some hardware you have in your computer, but we did not receive the attachment of the GameAdvisor report that the agent requested from you.

    While, yes, this program does send us some of the hardware info you provided, it does far more than that - It will show us additional hardware specs, list the version date of your operating system and drivers, run some short network tests, and highlight any programs which might be interfering with the Guild Wars 2 program in a way that makes it run improperly.

    Also, while I understand running in Windowed mode isn't always the most preferred, we often just recommend it as a temporary fix or a test, not as a permanent solution - often, if the an issue occurs in fullscreen but not when playing in a window, this can help us to narrow down the possible causes.

    It would be great if you could reply to the agent and let them know that this does resolve the issue, but that you don't prefer that play method for various reasons, and run the GameAdvisor test when you get a moment! We're only going to be able to solve this issue if the users who are experiencing it contact and work with us to try a number of tests and temporary solutions to see what works. :smile:

    Can I ask a quick question @GM Magister.8736 : I expect you guys are playing the game just like the rest of us. At least from time to time hopefully, and I would guess a fair number of you use Windows 10 and have updated it with the 1803 update. Since you request the around 100 of us posting here experiencing this issue to send in our hardware configurations, am I right in concluding that none of you have this issue on your computers?

    Actually I did send it, and I even sent it again.

    I sent the Game Advisor report yesterday immediately after I got the email with the program. Then today I got an email requesting the report. I sent it again, but it looks like there may be some internal communication gaps in the CS dept.

  • Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I'm gonna ask here, all you having issues are using an SSD?

    yup

  • @LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:
    my windows 10 has just decided to autoupdate itself and now i got the same issue :D

    Welcome aboard brother!!

    I too am experiencing the same issue.... But for me GW2 kept on crashing everytime i hit the login button to load up the game. I got so fed up with it that I rolled back to Windows 1709. Problems went away but now the 'Enable Post Processing' option in GW1 is greyed out and it makes the game look funny.

    Ive updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest with no result so rolled them back again to the ones that I was using before that were working with everything on before I updated to 1803 and I still cant enable post processing...

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    To the people who have rolled back or are intentionally holding back on installing the new windows update, its usually a bad idea to do so. These updates often contain security features and patches, and you can leave your computer vulnerable for the sake of convenience. Better to put up with this bug for now rather than putting your computer and personal safety at risk.

    BG

  • I updated Win 10 to the April feature update last night and immediately started experiencing this problem. Like others, I turned off focus assist and that changed it from showing the desktop the entire time a loading screen would be present (a few seconds) to just blinking to the desktop right before the map actually loads (less than a second).

    It's feels like Windows is treating the game as if it's not running in the moment between the loading screen ending and the actual map loading.

  • @X T D.6458 said:
    To the people who have rolled back or are intentionally holding back on installing the new windows update, its usually a bad idea to do so. These updates often contain security features and patches, and you can leave your computer vulnerable for the sake of convenience. Better to put up with this bug for now rather than putting your computer and personal safety at risk.

    I'll wait for the next update in June.

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dying Oblivion.8296 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    To the people who have rolled back or are intentionally holding back on installing the new windows update, its usually a bad idea to do so. These updates often contain security features and patches, and you can leave your computer vulnerable for the sake of convenience. Better to put up with this bug for now rather than putting your computer and personal safety at risk.

    I'll wait for the next update in June.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WannaCry_ransomware_attack

    BG

  • Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

    dont forget to hit support tickets with diagnostics from the tool they suggested

  • @X T D.6458 said:

    @Dying Oblivion.8296 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    To the people who have rolled back or are intentionally holding back on installing the new windows update, its usually a bad idea to do so. These updates often contain security features and patches, and you can leave your computer vulnerable for the sake of convenience. Better to put up with this bug for now rather than putting your computer and personal safety at risk.

    I'll wait for the next update in June.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WannaCry_ransomware_attack

    Oh its fine, I have a premium firewall/AV and i dont go clicking on everything in my inbox or the darkweb.

    I cant remember a single time in the last 10-15years that ive been infected by some malware or virus.

    Erryting gonna be alright, Erryting gonna be Ok, so dont worry, about a thing. -- as Bob Marley would say

  • Wanted to add my comment as well, because my experience is a bit different. I have been having flickering to desktop for a moment during loading screens since I started playing last year. But it was a very minor issue, didn't bother me at all, so I didn't do anything about it assuming that it was normal. But since the last Windows upgrade this issue worsened considerably. Now that flickering happens for the whole duration of the loading screen, it looks like the game just crashed, also it made my loading screens way longer than they were. I'll try disabling the focus attention feature. But my main point is that this is not new for me and has been happening (although minor as it was) for more than half a year.

  • Amhiel.6195Amhiel.6195 Member ✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018

    So after telling me you didn't get the info you requested twice you just close my ticket and ask me to fill out the survey. Did nothing at all to try resolving my ticket. Telling me to just play Windowed and maybe it's Discord is not fixing my issue nor was it an attempt to work on it. Put in a ticket they said, yet they won't even attempt to resolve the issue.

  • naujocks.2319naujocks.2319 Member ✭✭

    Turning off the focus assist feature in win10 seems to have fixed this issue for me, and I was able to go back to fullscreen from windowed fullscreen. Started getting this same thing happening (the minimizing) once the new win10 update hit me yesterday. Game didn't minimize when I switched to windowed fullscreen mode, but did in fullscreen mode.

  • Rayti.6531Rayti.6531 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018

    This suggestion from "eragon03" on reddit fixed it for me.

    • In case you enabled it when asked for it after the last Win 10 update: DISable the option that prevents notifications from showing while you play fullscreen games (clicking the notification symbol in the lower right corner of your screen while having a game open should give you the option directly)
    • Go to the folder containing your GW2 executable, right-click the GW2 EXE file (presumably the 64-bit one for most people), go to properties -> compatibility, and check "disable fullscreen optimization"

    I hope this helps some of you getting rid of the flashing to desktop (or at least improve it)...

  • @Rayti.6531 said:
    This suggestion from "eragon03" on reddit fixed it for me.

    • In case you enabled it when asked for it after the last Win 10 update: DISable the option that prevents notifications from showing while you play fullscreen games (clicking the notification symbol in the lower right corner of your screen while having a game open should give you the option directly)
    • Go to the folder containing your GW2 executable, right-click the GW2 EXE file (presumably the 64-bit one for most people), go to properties -> compatibility, and check "disable fullscreen optimization"

    I hope this helps some of you getting rid of the flashing to desktop (or at least improve it)...

    Thanks for posting this here, Rayti! I missed that Reddit post, so I'll see if this works for the folks I'm working with in support tickets. :)

    Lead GM Magister - The one that deals with tech support questions. (✿╹◡╹)

  • Orion Templar.4589Orion Templar.4589 Member ✭✭✭

    @Rayti.6531 said:
    This suggestion from "eragon03" on reddit fixed it for me.

    • In case you enabled it when asked for it after the last Win 10 update: DISable the option that prevents notifications from showing while you play fullscreen games (clicking the notification symbol in the lower right corner of your screen while having a game open should give you the option directly)
    • Go to the folder containing your GW2 executable, right-click the GW2 EXE file (presumably the 64-bit one for most people), go to properties -> compatibility, and check "disable fullscreen optimization"

    I hope this helps some of you getting rid of the flashing to desktop (or at least improve it)...

    I'd previously disabled the focus assist when playing a game option and although it did make the showing of the desktop quicker, it didn't fully resolve the issue. But now when I added that second piece of checking that box to disable full screen optimizations, it did indeed appear to resolve the issue. Now when changing maps it quickly flashes a black screen, but doesn't flash to the desktop any more. Thank you for passing along that tip!

  • Rayti.6531Rayti.6531 Member ✭✭✭

    @GM Magister.8736 said:

    @Rayti.6531 said:
    This suggestion from "eragon03" on reddit fixed it for me.

    • In case you enabled it when asked for it after the last Win 10 update: DISable the option that prevents notifications from showing while you play fullscreen games (clicking the notification symbol in the lower right corner of your screen while having a game open should give you the option directly)
    • Go to the folder containing your GW2 executable, right-click the GW2 EXE file (presumably the 64-bit one for most people), go to properties -> compatibility, and check "disable fullscreen optimization"

    I hope this helps some of you getting rid of the flashing to desktop (or at least improve it)...

    Thanks for posting this here, Rayti! I missed that Reddit post, so I'll see if this works for the folks I'm working with in support tickets. :)

    You're welcome. Hope it helps :)

  • AegisFLCL.7623AegisFLCL.7623 Member ✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018

    @Rayti.6531 said:
    This suggestion from "eragon03" on reddit fixed it for me.

    • In case you enabled it when asked for it after the last Win 10 update: DISable the option that prevents notifications from showing while you play fullscreen games (clicking the notification symbol in the lower right corner of your screen while having a game open should give you the option directly)
    • Go to the folder containing your GW2 executable, right-click the GW2 EXE file (presumably the 64-bit one for most people), go to properties -> compatibility, and check "disable fullscreen optimization"

    I hope this helps some of you getting rid of the flashing to desktop (or at least improve it)...

    I tried this just now, checking disable fullscreen optimization does nothing to help. The notifications option did not help either as every time I restarted the application the focus assist settings would go from off, back to priority only. This did however lead to a "fix".

    I had originally disabled focus assist in the windows settings, but had left other tabs turned on within the settings (see screenshot/attachment). After also disabling the "During these times", "When I'm duplicating my display", and "When I'm playing a game" options, I no longer dropout to desktop for more than a quarter of a second at best. Not entirely fixed but I went from waiting 5-10 seconds at the desktop and flashing in and out, to a quick .25 sec flash back into the loading screen and or the map already.

    focus%20example_zpspgk24gkt.jpg

  • Hey there. I'm not exactly sure what took place in the one extended conversation in this thread, but I want to share some insights on attachments. People occasionally try to send me files, images, reports, etc., through our e-mail or ticketing system, and it's important for you to know that our system is set up to not accept or allow attachments to come through in the first communication within a ticket.

    What you can do is this:

    • Submit a report and tell the agent that you have a report, file, or something else that you are able to forward.
    • The agent will respond to let you know that they want to receive the attachment.
    • You update your ticket and include the attachment.
    • The agent then should receive the attachment just fine. If within a few days you don't receive a response that indicates that they have received the attachment, you are welcome to update the existing ticket to inquire whether it was received. This confirms we're fully communicating with one another and ensures that CS knows that you have a file (or sent a file) and lets them determine whether to ask for it to be sent again. (And hey, if this is a bit of a bother, we apologize, but it really is the most secure system we have at present.)

    Thanks for working with us to use best security practices and to get you the help that you need!

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • Rayti.6531Rayti.6531 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018

    @Orion Templar.4589 said:
    I'd previously disabled the focus assist when playing a game option and although it did make the showing of the desktop quicker, it didn't fully resolve the issue. But now when I added that second piece of checking that box to disable full screen optimizations, it did indeed appear to resolve the issue. Now when changing maps it quickly flashes a black screen, but doesn't flash to the desktop any more. Thank you for passing along that tip!

    I get those short black flashes as well, but I think I‘ve had those prior to the 1803 update as well (at least with one of the past few GW2 client versions). So I guess that‘s as close to „normal“ and as good as it gets for now...

    Glad it worked for you as well.

  • Trae.2384Trae.2384 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018

    @Rayti.6531 said:
    This suggestion from "eragon03" on reddit fixed it for me.

    • In case you enabled it when asked for it after the last Win 10 update: DISable the option that prevents notifications from showing while you play fullscreen games (clicking the notification symbol in the lower right corner of your screen while having a game open should give you the option directly)
    • Go to the folder containing your GW2 executable, right-click the GW2 EXE file (presumably the 64-bit one for most people), go to properties -> compatibility, and check "disable fullscreen optimization"

    I hope this helps some of you getting rid of the flashing to desktop (or at least improve it)...

    Man I had high hopes this would fix it but the option was already checked so no good. Disabling the other new option recommended early in the thread shortened the flash to a second or 2 but this started today as soon as the windows 10 update completed.

    I also have had the black flashes ever since building the new pc 6 months ago during gw2 loads. I guess those didnt bother me as much as this did but I hope they figure this out soon.

  • Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

    @GM Magister.8736 said:

    @Rayti.6531 said:
    This suggestion from "eragon03" on reddit fixed it for me.

    • In case you enabled it when asked for it after the last Win 10 update: DISable the option that prevents notifications from showing while you play fullscreen games (clicking the notification symbol in the lower right corner of your screen while having a game open should give you the option directly)
    • Go to the folder containing your GW2 executable, right-click the GW2 EXE file (presumably the 64-bit one for most people), go to properties -> compatibility, and check "disable fullscreen optimization"

    I hope this helps some of you getting rid of the flashing to desktop (or at least improve it)...

    Thanks for posting this here, Rayti! I missed that Reddit post, so I'll see if this works for the folks I'm working with in support tickets. :)

    Tried that and it made no difference. Request #6905676.

  • Little update on my end: the problem seems to have reduced and almost completely disappeared. I haven't done anything different, but I don't recall having this problem while playing fractals with my guild for the past few hours. The problem was still there before midnight (GMT+8) but past midnight it seems to have cleared up. I'm not sure if this was because something had been fixed or not

    I have infinite patience, but I still have a threshold for idiocy.

  • Have i pointed out that GW2 refuses to start when I have Windows 10 Update 1803 installed???

  • I kinda fixed the problem. SO for windows 10, go to the "New notification icon on the bottom right corner of the desktop. Close out the cortana Kitten. MAke sure that it doesn't pop up again. IT helped me. It still alt tab back to the desktop, but for 1 millisec. Unlike before, it alt tab and i had to wait like 10 sec to get back on the game.

  • Amhiel.6195Amhiel.6195 Member ✭✭
    edited May 19, 2018

    Ok So I know that people have said Focus Assist was the problem. Many of us already had it turned off so how could that be the problem right? Well although mine was already off , and I'd even toggled it to see if it would fix it. It didn't, but then I left it off as always but this time I unticked the "WHEN I"M PLAYING A GAME' option, it seems to have fixed the issue for me. Loads right up now, and I was getting flashes every 3-4 mins, those flashings may have also been fixed. Didn't get a flash while I tested for 10 mins. Will be back in about 30mins to confirm the fix.

    UPDATE: Well although it loads right in, and I don't flash anymore during game play. It now will cause the screen to get stuck if I alt tab. I then have to end GW2 per task manager. guess I'll log back in to WoW, or Swtor then. Have a good night everyone.

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭

    Disabling fullscreen optimizations seems to have gotten me very close to a fix as well. I now usually get only the quick switch to a black screen when changing maps, though I will still very occasionally get a split second flash to the desktop. Still a great improvement over the situation as it stood just after the win 10 update . . .

    My next natural question is what are fullscreen optimizations and do I want them disabled? :p

  • I have the same issue with Windows 10, it updated Thursday night and since then, when i run GW, or change maps in GW; it flashes back to desktop. Has frozen twice from alt-tabbing. And when I logged into GW2 i noticed that my ping, for a moment would be a crazy number like 1.5k or 3k.

    I turned off the notifications but the 'flashing back to desktop' still happens, just to a lesser degree. I notice in the top left hand corner it shows a "GW2" title bar as if from a window.

    I blame windows 10 entirely.

  • Rayti.6531Rayti.6531 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2018

    @Gop.8713 said:
    My next natural question is what are fullscreen optimizations and do I want them disabled? :p

    Full screen optimization is supposed to improve performance while gaming. It works for some games, but for others it actually makes matters worse, decreases your FPS or can lead to other strange bugs (see the current problems with GW2).

    Microsoft claims that they work on improvements of this feature continuously, so I guess one of the recent improvements went sideways with some setups/combinations of software in use (these things are difficult to track down).

    It is enabled by default, so I’d suggest to keep it that way system-wide and just try to disable it for games you're experiencing problems with.

  • JigDoc.8412JigDoc.8412 Member
    edited May 19, 2018

    Hi all,
    just experienced the same problem after Windows 10 April Update here in Germany some days ago. Turning off this focus assist settings in windows solved the problem in parts because I only dropped back to desktop for only 1 second (before it was around 5-6 seconds). Now a guildie gave me this tip: In the GW2 ingame graphics settings I changed my resolution to "Windowed Fullscreen". Now the problem has entirely disappeared.

  • Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I'm gonna ask here, all you having issues are using an SSD?

    No, I have real hard disks.

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rayti.6531 said:
    This suggestion from "eragon03" on reddit fixed it for me.

    • In case you enabled it when asked for it after the last Win 10 update: DISable the option that prevents notifications from showing while you play fullscreen games (clicking the notification symbol in the lower right corner of your screen while having a game open should give you the option directly)
    • Go to the folder containing your GW2 executable, right-click the GW2 EXE file (presumably the 64-bit one for most people), go to properties -> compatibility, and check "disable fullscreen optimization"

    I hope this helps some of you getting rid of the flashing to desktop (or at least improve it)...

    That made it worse for me. With the fullscreen optimisation disabled, I get multiple black flashes when I wait for the game to load after logging in, AND when I change maps or load a character, I get bounced to the desktop, then there's a flash of black screen, then the desktop, then the character loads into the new map.

    With fullscreen optimisation active ("disable" checkbox OFF), I don't get the extra black flashes.

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Wevie.8972 said:
    I blame windows 10 entirely.

    I wouldn't automatically blame Windows 10 / April for this. It could easily be GW2 that's doing something wrong that the previous builds of Windows tolerated better than April does. (There was a similar thing on iPhones - Apple released an update to iOS that made it less tolerant of a particular bug in apps, so those apps started crashing out and/or freezing. You'd think that was Apple's fault entirely, but the apps were buggy, and were doing something that the developer guides said not to do.)

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • Dying Oblivion.8296Dying Oblivion.8296 Member ✭✭
    edited May 19, 2018

    @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

    @Wevie.8972 said:
    I blame windows 10 entirely.

    I wouldn't automatically blame Windows 10 / April for this. It could easily be GW2 that's doing something wrong that the previous builds of Windows tolerated better than April does. (There was a similar thing on iPhones - Apple released an update to iOS that made it less tolerant of a particular bug in apps, so those apps started crashing out and/or freezing. You'd think that was Apple's fault entirely, but the apps were buggy, and were doing something that the developer guides said not to do.)

    I would.... Lets not forget that GW2 and GW1 have both been out for years as well as Windows 10 (Windows 10 first debuted in 2015), I never had problems with either GW's on Windows 7 and I didnt have any problems on Windows 10 till i updated to 1803 Creators Update. One would assume that Both NCsoft of Microsoft would of had more than enough time to bug fix and optimise their code no??

    Not to mention that Microsoft has a history of releasing updates for windows 10 that broke things. Hence why some tech folk call windows 10 users ' Glorified beta testers'.

    One would assume that it was the Windows update that borked everything no??? But go ahead pull the wool over your eyes and call GuildWars badly coded. I mean lets just make blind assumptions because we can right?

  • Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dying Oblivion.8296 said:

    @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

    @Wevie.8972 said:
    I blame windows 10 entirely.

    I wouldn't automatically blame Windows 10 / April for this. It could easily be GW2 that's doing something wrong that the previous builds of Windows tolerated better than April does. (There was a similar thing on iPhones - Apple released an update to iOS that made it less tolerant of a particular bug in apps, so those apps started crashing out and/or freezing. You'd think that was Apple's fault entirely, but the apps were buggy, and were doing something that the developer guides said not to do.)

    I would.... Lets not forget that GW2 and GW1 have both been out for years as well as Windows 10 (Windows 10 first debuted in 2015), I never had problems with either GW's on Windows 7 and I didnt have any problems on Windows 10 till i updated to 1803 Creators Update. One would assume that Both NCsoft of Microsoft would of had more than enough time to bug fix and optimise their code no??

    Not to mention that Microsoft has a history of releasing updates for windows 10 that broke things. Hence why some tech folk call windows 10 users ' Glorified beta testers'.

    One would assume that it was the Windows update that borked everything no??? But go ahead pull the wool over your eyes and call GuildWars badly coded. I mean lets just make blind assumptions because we can right?

    Not automatically. Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. And if you say "I blame windows 10 entirely" like that, aren't you just making a blind assumption?

    The key point is that without access to the code behind GW2, we don't know enough to just come out and say that it is Microsoft's fault. My point about the iOS update was that Apple released a new update, and a list of apps were borked as a result. I know, because I used one of them. Shortly after, the app developer released a patch. Given that, who was at fault? Apple for enforcing their rules, or the app developers for breaking them?

    Now look at the Windows 10 versus GW1/GW2 situation: other games I've looked at don't do this. What's more likely? Two games do something dubious that's no longer supported fully by Windows, or an actual bug in Windows that only affects those two games?

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • Maze.3825Maze.3825 Member ✭✭

    This odd bouncing to desktop is annoying, the hesitation and affected load times are the cranky making part. :) IF there is no fix, then so be it. It's just odd.

  • Same issue here, started immediately after applying Windows update 1803 which was the only change between not having the issue and having the issue.

    Wonder if it's related to those new game related features I noticed, like it "hiding" notifications while in-game etc. That game bar was already annoying but seems they try to get their hooks even more in software you have installed.

  • Dying Oblivion.8296Dying Oblivion.8296 Member ✭✭
    edited May 19, 2018

    @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

    @Dying Oblivion.8296 said:

    @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

    @Wevie.8972 said:
    I blame windows 10 entirely.

    I wouldn't automatically blame Windows 10 / April for this. It could easily be GW2 that's doing something wrong that the previous builds of Windows tolerated better than April does. (There was a similar thing on iPhones - Apple released an update to iOS that made it less tolerant of a particular bug in apps, so those apps started crashing out and/or freezing. You'd think that was Apple's fault entirely, but the apps were buggy, and were doing something that the developer guides said not to do.)

    I would.... Lets not forget that GW2 and GW1 have both been out for years as well as Windows 10 (Windows 10 first debuted in 2015), I never had problems with either GW's on Windows 7 and I didnt have any problems on Windows 10 till i updated to 1803 Creators Update. One would assume that Both NCsoft of Microsoft would of had more than enough time to bug fix and optimise their code no??

    Not to mention that Microsoft has a history of releasing updates for windows 10 that broke things. Hence why some tech folk call windows 10 users ' Glorified beta testers'.

    One would assume that it was the Windows update that borked everything no??? But go ahead pull the wool over your eyes and call GuildWars badly coded. I mean lets just make blind assumptions because we can right?

    Not automatically. Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. And if you say "I blame windows 10 entirely" like that, aren't you just making a blind assumption?

    The key point is that without access to the code behind GW2, we don't know enough to just come out and say that it is Microsoft's fault. My point about the iOS update was that Apple released a new update, and a list of apps were borked as a result. I know, because I used one of them. Shortly after, the app developer released a patch. Given that, who was at fault? Apple for enforcing their rules, or the app developers for breaking them?

    Now look at the Windows 10 versus GW1/GW2 situation: other games I've looked at don't do this. What's more likely? Two games do something dubious that's no longer supported fully by Windows, or an actual bug in Windows that only affects those two games?

    So....

    Youre comparing some app coded in Java or C++ for a mobile OS thats made by mostly by anons -- the 'one-man-in his-bedroom' on a weekend type programmers who make an app which probably comes to a few kilobytes in code to Guildwars who had probably a team 10-20 if not more skilled and qualified programmers (and god knows how many animators) writing code for as a day job for a game that weighs way into the gigabytes, has multiple expansions on both games and probably made on a budget enough to buy a mansion in every major country in the world...

    With that kind of statement, Im not going to waste my time debating further with you as its clear that you live in a different world.

    All you need to know is the Windows update messed up guild wars as well as other non gaming apps. Google is rife with reports of Creators Update 1803 issues.

    but cool... if you think its the guildwars team that has coded the game badly, then more power to you.

    Dont forget your tinfoil hat on the way out.

  • Trae.2384Trae.2384 Member ✭✭✭

    Created a ticket last night, got a quick response with the log app. Hopefully as many people as possible are sending their logs into support to get this figured out. Clearly there are people running the latest windows on both nvidia and ati cards that arent getting this so all the help the people that are getting the bug can give should help them fix this for us that much quicker. It only takes like 5 minutes to run the game adviser program they send you.

145791012
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.