Gem Store Issues - Buying Gems

Hi all,

I am getting the good ol "Error has occurred during transaction" whenever I attempt to buy Gems.

It was allowing me to purchase Gems last week, but as of 3 days ago, it goes through my card details as normal, lets me tick the "I accept reviewing" box, but once I click to finalize the purchase it just loads and has the error appear at the top in red, then closes the box.

This happens on both my card and if I try to purchase via paypal.

Thinking, this had something to do with my game or network connection I have tried this with my normal home internet, as well as tethered to my mobile network.

I have also tried purchasing a Gem card, which the game also gives me an error after attempting to submit the code.

Lastly I have repaired my .dat file using the -repair feature, and reinstalled the client also.

Nothing seems to have helped my situation, and I do have an open ticket awaiting a response but I was hoping someone on the forums would be able to assist if they have had this issue previously.

Also, my account was created during the prepurchase beta, so it is not a time restraint from being a "new" account.

Thanks in advance for all assistance!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

Ok, to be clear (before I pass this along):@Heru Thema.8290 and @GrimmPlanet.4602 -- You cannot redeem a gem card?

• I believe you will need to submit a ticket, but I will also mention to CS in case they've noted an influx of issues and I can report back.

@Kranodor.8915 -- You are not able to purchase using PayPal or your credit card, yes?

• As far as I know, this would be an individual issue, and CS would be happy to help, but again, I'll make them aware of what you're reported (although they'll be able to get a lot more info and check into this working with you privately through a ticket.)

Thanks for your patience, and I hope we can get this worked out soon for all of you! I'll report back if I learn anything of relevance from CS.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Heru Thema.8290 -- Looks like you did send in a ticket (thanks) and that you sorted this out with your vendor. Sorry that they failed to validate the gem card, but at least you can get it working now!

Update: CS tells me that a ticket about each individual purchase issue is best, because each can be somewhat different. (There are no known issues with the system as a whole.) Please use this reason for the ticket:

• Purchase Issue: Error message when purchasing gems, gems not appearing in gem total after purchasing, gem/promotional codes not redeeming properly, refund requests for unspent gems, suspected fraudulent purchase of gems from your account, disabled serial code

@ovinnik.9216 said:I also had this issue. Solved it by temporarily disabling my antivirus software. This might help in some of your cases as well.

Interesting and helpful advice. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I tried buying Gems and couldn't, because there was an error and should try again later(just now I tried it again after 13 hours). I have no shop in my living area, where I could buy a card and I tried everything from restarting my router and pc to deactivate my antivirus system...help anyone?

@Arcardia.8057 said:I tried buying Gems and couldn't, because there was an error and should try again later(just now I tried it again after 13 hours). I have no shop in my living area, where I could buy a card and I tried everything from restarting my router and pc to deactivate my antivirus system...help anyone?

You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

I'm trying to do business with Anet since this morning, maybe 10 hours ago, but get this error message:

"Unfortunately an error has occured. Please try again later."

I opened a ticket, but I guess when they get to it, the sale for character slots will be over. This is a first-timer. So far, every company that sells stuff online was able to do so for me. I was able to purchase gems before.

@Capitol.3815 said:Still having this issue. Placed a ticket in-game weeks ago and still not working.

Submitting in-game Bug Reports will garner no response, as indicated on the Bug Report window.For an individualized response, you must contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

Archived