WvW needs balanced gear

Swadow.6213

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remake all stats :D make classes have more depth and sacrifice one thing for another would be a decent start.

less boons to stackless condis to stackLess cleavesLess AOEMore know what your group has to do in a large fight, identify the targets and what they are doing.More Know what and whom u have to hit with your build or support with.

i would love to see players trying to work together and QQ since they were not being carried with stack and spam...

Or they could just drop the number of points. PvE has about 1000 extra points over PvP amulets. Image running a berserker amulet in PvP... but with 50% power damage mitigation. Thats PvE. Imagine running menders amulet in PvP... but with 220% crit dmg. Thats PvE. Imagine running vipers amulet in PvP... but with 10,000 extra hp. Thats PvE.

Its not so much the balance as it is the sheer number of points provided. Well, with pretty much two exceptions of course - tb/dire. Delete them.

please no, the limited cookie cutter stat choice and flat out removed abilities from certain classes is terrible in sPvP, let them keep it. The freedom of being able to run any build you want or can theory-craft with all your abilities available is what makes WvW fun- unrestricted pvp.

• A good player in blues would slaughter a bad player in ascended
  • A good player in blues could slaughter a great player in ascended if the great player miss-clicks something or fires off a skill at the wrong time
  • A zerg of melee players wearing blues would destroy zerg of ranged players wearing ascended
  • I'm sure a single scourge in blues would wreck several melee in ascended

An even fight between someone in blues vs ascended of equal skill levels.. well that will never ever happen in WvW, ever. Gear makes little to no difference in the grand scheme of things in WvW

@Swadow.6213 said:It is simple as the title says. WvW should be using balanced gear just like PvP uses. The PvE power creep is way too strong for the game mode to be even the least bit of fun.

No, it doesn't. As well, you literally offer zero evidence, arguments, or perspective to support your really bad idea, so I am not entirely certain you even really feel this way yourself.

@Raven.1524 said:I knew the armor wasn't balanced! I blame the shoulder pads being on the left or the right side on some armors but not in both, so when you fight you tend to lose your equilibrium.

Pauldrons are imba as hell.....they actually need to be nerfed.

the problem with WvW is the poisonous gameplay of stack aoe and numbers and since pop unbalance is the way to win, with the awfull balance on the spam gameplay... all players need is to full stack with aoe and spammable classes..

TDLR, the PVE lamers classes ,WvW lack of mechanics, are the problem.

@jul.7602 said:While I don't think Spvp level restrictions is the way to go, if you think stat combos like minstrel or trailblazer are even remotely balanced.....

This was really the comment I was looking for. The sheer number of stats is totally fine. If anything, it's more numerically sound than PvE is because it indirectly nerfs boons by making them account for a lower % of overall stats, and actually buffs power relative to conditions since its gains are an effective multiplicative result of power/prec/ferocity which at higher values of all three = more general efficacy.

Some kits like dire/tb/minstrel just downright over-perform, though. That's an issue with the stat types and the professions that use them, and not the stats just gained from gear, though.

Archived