been away for awhile...whats these...

Tom.6478

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Tom.6478 said:Explosions I've been seeing?They seem to be random and as far as I can tell, and seem to have no effect on anything.

the effect shows that the enemy zerg is near.No, it shows that the enemy is far away.

To spread further knowledge about this silently Anet approved cheat/hack: look towards the explosions. Center them exactly in front of you. Now trace a line straight forward. At a range of ~5000 units or more, there will be a door - you can deduce which one. You can stand in north camp and see if someone attack briar or lake doors. If there are lots of explosions, you are looking at a 30+ man attacking the objective, even if orange swords havent popped yet. When the explosions stop, they have breached the door.

Simple and effective zerg radar.

Any commander not using catas even for basic objectives is a moron giving away his location. Unless he wants to.

@"JustDemons.4358" said:This bug has nothing to do with Wvw on its own. u have the same explosions and noises in open world pve. i read a couple of times this bug is tied to the skimmer mount. idk if that is true but i think i saw some official respond about it.Its most definetly not. Its player attacks vs certain "static" objects. Doors in WvW is one example. The Tarir meta is another. Behemoth. Etc and so on. The "explosions" you are seeing is the impact effects of player attacks not culling properly at distance - once you go within proper rendering distance (ie you start seeing player models) the effect will trigger at the correct location.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Tom.6478 said:Explosions I've been seeing?They seem to be random and as far as I can tell, and seem to have no effect on anything.

the effect shows that the enemy zerg is near.No, it shows that the enemy is far away.

To spread further knowledge about this
silently Anet approved cheat/hack
: look towards the explosions. Center them exactly in front of you. Now trace a line straight forward. At a range of ~5000 units or more, there will be a door - you can deduce which one. You can stand in north camp and see if someone attack briar or lake doors. If there are lots of explosions, you are looking at a 30+ man attacking the objective, even if orange swords havent popped yet. When the explosions stop, they have breached the door.

Any commander not using catas even for basic objectives is a moron giving away his location. Unless he wants to.

Doesn't explain why you see them out in PvE land tho, so.......

@Odinens.5920 said:

To spread further knowledge about this
silently Anet approved cheat/hack
: look towards the explosions. Center them exactly in front of you. Now trace a line straight forward. At a range of ~5000 units or more, there will be a door - you can deduce which one. You can stand in north camp and see if someone attack briar or lake doors. If there are lots of explosions, you are looking at a 30+ man attacking the objective, even if orange swords havent popped yet. When the explosions stop, they have breached the door.

Doesn't explain why you see them out in PvE land tho, so.......

Destructible objects

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"JustDemons.4358" said:This bug has nothing to do with Wvw on its own. u have the same explosions and noises in open world pve. i read a couple of times this bug is tied to the skimmer mount. idk if that is true but i think i saw some official respond about it.Its most definetly not. Its player attacks vs certain "static" objects. Doors in WvW is one example. The Tarir meta is another. Behemoth. Etc and so on. The "explosions" you are seeing is the impact effects of player attacks not culling properly at distance - once you go within proper rendering distance (ie you start seeing player models) the effect will trigger at the correct location.

Please tell me why i see em even in guild halls when im all alone there.

Edit; or spawns when theres obviously nothing around to be attacked. Nice theory crafting on a bug though.

@Offair.2563 said:

Edit; or spawns when theres obviously nothing around to be attacked. Nice theory crafting on a bug though.

Fine, don't believe it.Just follow the pops once, see where they lead.

@Offair.2563 said:

It's not bloody theory crafting
. It's a literal door attack radar. Is it the
only
thing causing the explosions? No, obviously not. But in WvW, it's blatantly obvious.

I joined WvW today and within like 3 minutes I heard explosions and could see exactly what direction the zerg is even without looking at the map. In this example video rushjob, orange swords have popped so it makes it all the easier to point out (I dont have to record myself running to lake just to verify the zerg is the there taking the tower, lol).

@Dawdler.8521 said:

It's not bloody theory crafting
. It's a literal door attack radar. Is it the
only
thing causing the explosions? No, obviously not. But in WvW, it's blatantly obvious.

I joined WvW today and within like 3 minutes I heard explosions and could see exactly what direction the zerg is even without looking at the map. In this example video rushjob, orange swords have popped so it makes it all the easier to point out (I dont have to record myself running to lake just to verify the zerg is the there taking the tower, lol).

/facepalm...Stop it...just stop it...What did I tell you about that tinfoil hat :astonished:?

@X T D.6458 said:

@Buy Some Apples.6390 said:I think that the fact that this glitch has been around for so long yet again shows how much they dont care about WvW.

Or...and just stay with me here...it might not be as easy to fix as some think...oOoOo

Or, get this, the temp devs they hire are so bad at coding, and are assigned so little time to do things for WvW during the rare occasions they are told to tweak something, that they fucked it up and that is why it might not be as easy to fix. Assuming they will eventually get around to assigning another temp dev to look at it for a couple of minutes before being dragged back to PvE.

Archived