Unravel should just be F5 instead of a stance

reikken.4961

Still 2 charges, but just an instant thing instead of an effect that lasts for a few seconds. Press it and you're fully attuned. And then your next swap will resume as the weaver normal.

Weaver needs a lot of help in PvP. Sword is . . . usable. Worse than the other classes, but usable. since it has the key skills in slot 2. But dagger and staff are unplayable as they don't have good access to skill 3, which is very important on those weapons. Giving them a free unravel would help quite a lot.

Additionally, the removal of the stance would free up space for something else that is desperately needed. Condi clear outside of that one water grandmaster trait. Give it a condi clear stance and that gives weaver a lot more room to try different builds.

Ele needs some help at its core too, not just weaver. All the utility skills are garbage. (buff cleansing fire.) But that's for another topic.

It is probably something which should be done, but someone from Anet already stated that having Unravel as an f5 was considered during development and junked because - I don't know, they couldn't think of a fourth stance? Regardless, Unravel and Stone Resonance really need help. The latter could be given some defensive function in addition to barrier, such as a pulsing condi clear (one per pulse) on the ele itself and maybe even allowing the barrier to be shared with nearby allies.

As for Unravel, if it is to be left as a utility, it really needs to do more than just make the weaver into a core ele for a few seconds per use. Maybe applying an aura depending on the element(s) the ele attunes to while it's active? This would give the weaver better access to magnetic and shocking aura for some defense and would offer some synergies with other trait lines.

My idea was Turn Unravel into a new skill, move it to F5 and get a fire based Utility to replace it. What the New Unravel would do (with a new name...) would be to swap your current attunements around. So if you were Fire/Earth. It would be swapped to Earth/Fire. This would be on the same kind of cool down as level swap. The current unravel just flat out sucks. Would suck if it was an F5 skill, sucks as a utility.

MK yah I made an elementalist for the first time in like forever then wrote my thread here https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23735/weaver-should-get-instant-access-to-double-attune#latest

Then I read this and was like hey is this guy copying me? Then I saw your post was 5 days earlier lol.

I think we're all feeling the same amount this though. It's too much effort to have to attune, wait 3.5s, then attune again just to use ONE SKILL. And most of the time those skills are ones that save your butt!

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:My idea was Turn Unravel into a new skill, move it to F5 and get a fire based Utility to replace it. What the New Unravel would do (with a new name...) would be to swap your current attunements around. So if you were Fire/Earth. It would be swapped to Earth/Fire. This would be on the same kind of cool down as level swap. The current unravel just flat out sucks. Would suck if it was an F5 skill, sucks as a utility.

It just doesn't suck, it occupies an utility slot. We have to care about our survivability because it's lacking and how Unravel fills that role?

Archived