Rev Healer

Soulbrew.7165

Hey guys, I am a player who really likes to heal, but didnt like the ranger and elementalist as whole and I was thinking of rerolling as revenant because all setups seems really fun.I want know if theres a role for rev healer in raid/fractal pugs and spvp and what is the best set up to start learning the role?

Rev healers do have some uses in raids, but they're either niche roles (hand kiting) or the group just running something non-meta. As for fractals, someone will always, without fail, bring a druid. Unless that druid is bad, and from my experience about 2/3 of them are terrible and are just players who hopped onto a bandwagon without even practicing the class/build, your healing will be redundant and the buffs your put out are inferior to what other classes can do when built for that role.

With that said, a Rev can easily carry a group in pve content as its healer; you might just get the odd person making a fuss about it because meta-this and meta-that. Make sure to practice slinging that tablet around before you take it into group settings, though.

I'm less experienced with spvp, but the nerfs to Ventari's elite in spvp, Scourge condi and boon corruption spam, as well as Firebrand healers being as powerful as they are makes it seem as though it would be best to not use a Rev healer in this setting. You're welcome to try, but I doubt it would end well.

Support rev is fantastic in fractals, especially renegade spec since you can't always guarantee chrono/druid setup in pugs. Condi Heal Renegade under marshal's stats allows for strong heals from ventari & decent aoe healing from Kalla heal & Elite skills (as well as protection when specced), easy permanent alacrity uptime (Ventari heal & F4 when swapping to kalla), okay damage for a support spec, and decent might stacking through F2 & mace2>3. If you don't mind the personal DPS loss, you can also bring Assassin's presence (Since you take either corruption or devastation as your 3rd slot - Salvation is pretty much mandatory).

I'd still take it even if there's a chrono present (they're often amused by having 30 seconds of alacrity stacked at the end of fights), but if they already have a heal druid, you'll be redundant.

@Cuon Alpinus.7645 said:Support rev is fantastic in fractals, especially renegade spec since you can't always guarantee chrono/druid setup in pugs. Condi Heal Renegade under marshal's stats allows for strong heals from ventari & decent aoe healing from Kalla heal & Elite skills (as well as protection when specced), easy permanent alacrity uptime (Ventari heal & F4 when swapping to kalla), okay damage for a support spec, and decent might stacking through F2 & mace2>3. If you don't mind the personal DPS loss, you can also bring Assassin's presence (Since you take either corruption or devastation as your 3rd slot - Salvation is pretty much mandatory).

I'd still take it even if there's a chrono present (they're often amused by having 30 seconds of alacrity stacked at the end of fights), but if they already have a heal druid, you'll be redundant.

Any bugs we should worry about in this spec? Besides the crapy targeting for Darkrazor's Ire?

Thats sad. Mainly because i know anet is very weak and takes too long when talking about balance.But I will try ranger again and have a rev as well, I really don't like to play with damage classes in group content. Maybe I can find a group that accept a rev healing.

Ty guys.

@"Mongk.2467" said:Hey guys, I am a player who really likes to heal, but didnt like the ranger and elementalist as whole and I was thinking of rerolling as revenant because all setups seems really fun.I want know if theres a role for rev healer in raid/fractal pugs and spvp and what is the best set up to start learning the role?

For fractal pugs any healer works wonders!I played support scourge, ventari rev, auramancer and it did it's job amazingly good.

You don't always get meta comps with people who can play like top tier players.

But having ONE support in a pug group is golden, really golden.

Yet for raid pugs it's mostly meta bible or gtfo.It only depends on the leader.

Archived