Question on WvW

warlordo.9576

Is there anything else to do in WvW besides join zerg?Are there still those group of 10-20 that group to defend or push an objective where you can get in small engagements that are fun, win or lose?Or is WvW straight up blob vs blob now?Better yet is that small scale engagements in EOTM or is it the exact same way?

EotM has always been about blobs, that is whole point it exist. EB tends to be blobbiest map too.

Is there smaller scale fights at all? It depends which server you are in, what time you play and who you are fighting against. Higher tiers (we are currently in EU T1) tend to have more players which means more maps have both enemies and defenders. Outside of prime time I guess there is plenty of smaller fights in any tier, but even in T1 prime time we had lots of fun with our 15 man guild raid. Yes, some enemy servers tend to blob up more. There are still many guilds in every server raiding with 20 players or less.

@warlordo.9576 said:Is there anything else to do in WvW besides join zerg?Are there still those group of 10-20 that group to defend or push an objective where you can get in small engagements that are fun, win or lose?Or is WvW straight up blob vs blob now?Better yet is that small scale engagements in EOTM or is it the exact same way?

Transfer to a lower tier server is easier for you to enjoy what you like about wvw.

I was in SBI but I transferred to HoD after their link ends, joined the guild STRM, the guild is a small wvw guild and my guild leader usually run a 10-20 players squad every day.

@warlordo.9576 said:Is there anything else to do in WvW besides join zerg?

Yes, a great deal more.

Are there still those group of 10-20 that group to defend or push an objective where you can get in small engagements that are fun, win or lose?

There are absolutely still those groups.

Or is WvW straight up blob vs blob now?

No, I think Blob vs Blob is probably going on a very great minority of the time.

Better yet is that small scale engagements in EOTM or is it the exact same way?

EotM is much much worse than standard WvW.

Archived