Meta clone mirage gear discussion.

BrokenGlass.9356

https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/

The meta clone build uses full viper, renegade runes, sigil of malice and energy. Signet of midnight

• this nets 62% duration.
  • chaotic persistence gives 3% duration per boon
  • with all 11 boons... That's 33%
  • this makes the total 95% in a perfect, and unattainable situation.

The problem here?

• a fully meta raid comp keeps 5 boons up (occasionally 6 w/ retaliation from guardian)
  • this expected 5 boons only nets 15%
  • so with 5 boons... We only hit 77% duration.

Now, that's not so bad, if we factor in dune cloak, for that extra 20% for 97% total. 100% if we get that extra retaliation.

Problem? Dune cloak isn't as much dps as infinite horizon. And the clone build doesn't use it.

So I propose a solution.

Full viper's gear, with a grieving helmet, 4 runes of nightmare 2 trapper, sigil of bursting and energy. Signet of midnight.

• this puts our duration at 85% before chaotic persistence.
  • this uses Sigil Of Bursting to make up 6 of the 7% lost from loosing runes of nightmare.
  • with 5, standard raid boons, that puts us at 100%
  • yes, this does mean the 6th boon and above provides no additional duration because we hit the cap already.

I haven't checked this yet, but it seems like it should be a flat dps increase.

I'm already hitting 30k on the golem tired and intoxicated with the meta build's standard gear. So, I think my gear set should be much better, as it has only 1% less condition damage, but gains over 20% duration.

Did the research. Apparently people have tested bursting against geomancy. It only comes out ahead on a class that could use sinister. (as in, a class that gets enough duration from traits to use something other than viper. Like, guardian, engineer, or elementalist) and even then... Only in a rotation so perfect you gotta be pro level.

So, looks like geomancy should account for the dps loss easily.

When I get home tonight, I'll have to farm TA to get a few more marks so I can test it.

If anyone out there has tested this already, I'd love to hear about it.

Archived