Incentive for WvW Participation — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Incentive for WvW Participation

Zephyr.8015Zephyr.8015 Member ✭✭

So an element from the WvW scene I feel we are missing is an incentive to do well/participate for the server. My idea is that for 1st place for ALL Tiers of the server match ups is to give the winner for each week an extra week's worth of WvW Scrim tickets. This would give players a reason to do better, to want to compete and try to get to 1st place of their tier and get rewarded for doing such. I know Anet has no intention of bringing back seasons but there needs to be a reason to compete. You could even give 2nd a 3rd place a prize as well, 2nd gets half a week's worth, and 3rd gets quarter of a week of scrim tickets. This way you help the community who is trying to work on gears etc and promotes a feeling of competition.

Comments

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2018

1 week extra isnt that way to much...?

Btw those are the same has buff tickets for every one by 50% and 100% for winner of the match..? that has nothign to do with competition.

• Blodeuyn.2751Blodeuyn.2751 Member ✭✭✭

I vote no. This just rewards overstacked servers and PPTing. Also, why give tickets for second and third? That does nothing to promote competition because you'll get more tickets no matter what you do. This seems like another "I just want more easy tickets" thread to me.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
    Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2018

No, rewarding server placement is always a bad idea. Rewarding individual participation should be the focus. It is not fair for someone to jump into wvw when their server has already opened up a large lead in a skirmish/matchup and be able to get more rewards then someone on the other server that is playing harder then them.

Somewhere chasing bags....

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sure, if every server had equal population and coverage we could do this.
    But that isn't the case.
    We all know this for 5 years now.
    Servers cannot out perform servers that have more population and coverage, period.
    Do we also need another reason to stack BG when they eventually open again?

Keep rewards more to a personal basis.

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• DeadlySynz.3471DeadlySynz.3471 Member ✭✭✭✭

Favors stacked servers (and future stacking); no way this idea should ever be implemented

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why not just make matches 2 weeks long that way everyone gets 2 weeks worth of skirmish tickets and no one is bored out of their mind or sure theyre going to win by day 3.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

This would only support more bandwagon mentality, unfortunately.

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

The problem with rewards like this, is that the individual is at the mercy of the masses.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

So basicly, OP want to turn the loot gains in WvW into the same RNG as the MMR in sPvP. Except that instead of being able to influence the end result of a match as 20% of the team, your influence is like... 0.01% or something... to literally double the tickets.

Makes sense.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭

If they gave me gems I might play again. But then again, nope.

OP's idea in some form might work for other players though. Pretty sad when you have to pay players to play.

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

The incentive to play wvw is to get boxes, open up these boxes and get more boxes inside the opened boxes. When you open up the box that was inside the other box, you get a marvelous green no one cares about.

Reward

Incentive

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yo dawg, I heard you like boxes.
    Anywho, I'd be okay with a few extra tickets in the bonus rank up chests you'd get for winning a matchup, but on the whole I'm against a system that inherently benefits Blackgate and screws over NSP.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.