Why Do Players Use Signal of Doom?

Yukio blaster.9082

I Can't get why players use vigil of doom that apply poison for 5 secthe damage is poor

• Power builds 43 poison damage per tick for 5 sec (decreases by time).
  • With deadshot amulet it's 107 poison damage per tick for 7 sec (decreases by time).
  • With carrion amulet it's the same !! 107 for 5 sec (stable)----->cant get why its the same dmg when deadshot give you 1050 condi gmg and carrion give you 1200 condi damage any explanation !?.
  • Carrion +nightmare rune 126 poison damage 6 sec(decreases by time).
  • Carrion + orr rune 126 PD for 7 sec (decreases by time).
  • Deadshot+orr rune 117 pD for 9 sec (decreases by time).when decreases by time the damage can get to 58 or 39 damage in the last tick.

Can anyone explain to me what the use of this Sigil i see it useless especially for power builds !!!!!!!! why a power build will ever use a doom sigil but still high lvl players use it and i just wanna know why!? and don't tell me it's for the 33% decrease in healing effectiveness cos its just wild cos you have to swap your weapon when your target try to use the healing skill when you can simply interrupt the healing if you are skilled enough to notice it .however there are a lot more useful sigils was it for Power Builds or Condition Builds.

nowadays classes have other sources of healing other then well thier healing skill. it acts as another cover conditions and has a high likelyhood of affecting some non healing skill related part of sustain. like regenration, some kind of passive healing effect by trait XYZ..... for example warriors rarely even use thier healing skill because thier passive sustain is strong enough to that so no healing skill interupts there.

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:nowadays classes have other sources of healing other then well thier healing skill. it acts as another cover conditions and has a high likelyhood of affecting some non healing skill related part of sustain. like regenration, some kind of passive healing effect by trait XYZ..... for example warriors rarely even use thier healing skill because thier passive sustain is strong enough to that so no healing skill interupts there.

I can understand what you explained there but to be used as a cover condition is hard cos poison is applied first after you swap yr weapon then you stack your conditions and as we all know that condition cleans remove the last condition applied not the first one ,so your other applied conditions will be cleansed before poison.

33% healing reduction is huge. If you just manage to apply that before a 6k heal you can count it as 2k damage already. It's espeically handy when 2 tanky builds are fighting each other, the one who can maintain higher poison uptime should win in the end.

Not so long ago Anet removed almost every single sigil that was good, so it's not like there are a lot of better choices for most builds.

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:I Can't get why players use vigil of doom that apply poison for 5 secthe damage is poor

• Power builds 43 poison damage per tick for 5 sec (decreases by time).
  • With deadshot amulet it's 107 poison damage per tick for 7 sec (decreases by time).
  • With carrion amulet it's the same !! 107 for 5 sec (stable)----->cant get why its the same dmg when deadshot give you 1050 condi gmg and carrion give you 1200 condi damage any explanation !?.
  • Carrion +nightmare rune 126 poison damage 6 sec(decreases by time).
  • Carrion + orr rune 126 PD for 7 sec (decreases by time).
  • Deadshot+orr rune 117 pD for 9 sec (decreases by time).when decreases by time the damage can get to 58 or 39 damage in the last tick.

Can anyone explain to me what the use of this Sigil i see it useless especially for power builds !!!!!!!! why a power build will ever use a doom sigil but still high lvl players use it and i just wanna know why!? and don't tell me it's for the 33% decrease in healing effectiveness cos its just wild cos you have to swap your weapon when your target try to use the healing skill when you can simply interrupt the healing if you are skilled enough to notice it .however there are a lot more useful sigils was it for Power Builds or Condition Builds.

We take it for the healing reduction. It is essentially a 55% uptime on a 33% healing reduction which is helpful vs. every class.

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:nowadays classes have other sources of healing other then well thier healing skill. it acts as another cover conditions and has a high likelyhood of affecting some non healing skill related part of sustain. like regenration, some kind of passive healing effect by trait XYZ..... for example warriors rarely even use thier healing skill because thier passive sustain is strong enough to that so no healing skill interupts there.

I can understand what you explained there but to be used as a cover condition is hard cos poison is applied first after you swap yr weapon then you stack your conditions and as we all know that condition cleans remove the last condition applied not the first one ,so your other applied conditions will be cleansed before poison.

it can still be used as a cover condition espically now given we have increased condition application and more importantly condition duration increase via traits, runes and sigils. so there is a fair chance that by the time u swap weapons conditions u stacked on your foe before are still ticking.

but as is said before it's mainly used as a healing power reduction.

Archived