PoF Rune Locked Door Achievement - Runes Disappeared

@MokahTGS.7850 said:We had runes on our backs and they disappeared. Now there is no way to get the runes to open the doors. Do they reset somehow?

Each door requires planting a specific number of runes before you unlock the door. The door to the first room takes 1, and the second room takes 2 (both found in room 1). Once you place a rune, it disappears from your back and you have to return to get the other(s) before you can open the gate.

You don't need the runes to reset; you just need to place more of them, one at a time (it's rather tedious because you can only carry one at a time). I strongly recommend teaming up with 2-3 people to help clear out mobs; it's not necessary for the achievement, but it sure is a lot more fun.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@MokahTGS.7850 said:We had runes on our backs and they disappeared. Now there is no way to get the runes to open the doors. Do they reset somehow?

Each door requires planting a specific number of runes before you unlock the door. The door to the first room takes 1, and the second room takes 2 (both found in room 1). Once you place a rune, it disappears from your back and you have to return to get the other(s) before you can open the gate.

You don't need the runes to reset; you just need to place more of them, one at a time (it's rather tedious because you can only carry one at a time). I strongly recommend teaming up with 2-3 people to help clear out mobs; it's not necessary for the achievement, but it sure is a lot more fun.

I don't think you understand what happened. We had runes on our backs and were looking for a place to put them. The runes disappeared. They are not there any more. Gone. They are not where we found them originally or in a slot where the runes go. They just vanished. I want to know if there is a way that the runes reset, because we can't complete this without them. It is broken content.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:

I don't think you understand what happened. We had runes on our backs and were looking for a place to put them. The runes disappeared. They are not there any more. Gone. They are not where we found them originally or in a slot where the runes go. They just vanished. I want to know if there is a way that the runes reset, because we can't complete this without them. It is broken content.

Try using the teleporter to get into the next room; there's a good chance it's already working, if you can't find any of the runes in the previous room.

Maybe I mangled the explanation: the runes only vanish when you successfully place them. Once you have done so, they will not reappear. It's fairly tricky to see whether they are placed or not and some people in my party couldn't tell except by inference, i.e. they could only tell they had placed a rune if (a) they couldn't place the next one in the same spot or (b) they could use the teleporter to enter the room.

In other words, you aren't the first to worry about whether the mechanics bugged out only to discover it's actually okay. Of course it's possible that there's a bug, in which case there's no existing mechanic that will reset it for you. Your best bet would be to start a support ticket and hope they can do something on their end (although I don't think they can because there's no actual item involved; it's involves only in-game bundles).

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Try using the teleporter to get into the next room; there's a good chance it's already working, if you can't find any of the runes in the previous room.

Maybe I mangled the explanation: the runes only vanish when you successfully place them. Once you have done so, they will not reappear. It's fairly tricky to see whether they are placed or not and some people in my party couldn't tell except by inference, i.e. they could only tell they had placed a rune if (a) they couldn't place the next one in the same spot or (b) they could use the teleporter to enter the room.

In other words, you aren't the first to worry about whether the mechanics bugged out only to discover it's actually okay. Of course it's possible that there's a bug, in which case there's no existing mechanic that will reset it for you. Your best bet would be to start a support ticket and hope they can do something on their end (although I don't think they can because there's no actual item involved; it's involves only in-game bundles).

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Actually the runes do vanish without placing them. Because they did. In two separate instances we had the runes vanish without interacting with any doorways. The first time the rune vanished while down in the ice pits with the ice imps. Picking up axe parts and killing imps. Then rune gone. Went to pick up the rune at the end of the ice imps and then one vanished while we were running down a hallway. So it is bugged. We will report it and abandon it. Too bad, could have been fun.

UpdateIt looks like if you don't finish one of the doors and log off/back on the runes reset into their old locations. This allowed us to finish the area. It still is confusing that they randomly disappeared and has probably generated a bunch of bug reports since there is no indication that the runes will respawn when next you log in.

Archived