Sunk Cost achievement - Scoundrel's Bounty

Curious if this is bugged. I picked up the other two ships easily during Palawa.

But despite repeated attempts I can't get the final Scoundrel's Bounty one. I've targeted with the canon (multiple hits in one sitting) and have also landed on deck and done significant damage. Still nada.

@"Fleabite.7528" said:Curious if this is bugged. I picked up the other two ships easily during Palawa.

But despite repeated attempts I can't get the final Scoundrel's Bounty one. I've targeted with the canon (multiple hits in one sitting) and have also landed on deck and done significant damage. Still nada.

There are all sorts of reasons this can happen that aren't due to bugs. The easiest way I found to guarantee (for myself and others) getting "kill credit" for any given ship is to fly in using a griffon, swoop into the mast, and then do as much melee DPS as you can (AoE/cleave damage is great here). In an organized map, this is fairly safe, as the ship (and 'adds') go down before you get seriously hurt. (If you don't have griffon, you should be able to raptor leap, although it requires being more careful. Jackal can also make it.)

Cannons is my second favorite way, but it's easy to think you're getting solid hits when you might not be.

Archived