Do we have to wait two plus years to have new armor sets?

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Since all they're releasing is ugly gem store outfits, do we have to wait for the next expansion that will most likely come out in 2020-2021 to have new armor sets? Ridiculous if you ask me.

If you're waiting for armour SETS in the Gem Store, you won't get them.They will make 2 or 3 pieces and call it a day from now on.

So technically yes, either next expansion or... do they release armour in Living World stuff? If not then yes... next expansion.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:If you're waiting for armour SETS in the Gem Store, you won't get them.They will make 2 or 3 pieces and call it a day from now on.

They offered us the choice of armor sets in the Gem Shop or obtainable in game. We chose in game.They could ask again, but don't be surprised if the community votes the same again.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:If you're waiting for armour SETS in the Gem Store, you won't get them.They will make 2 or 3 pieces and call it a day from now on.

They offered us the choice of armor sets in the Gem Shop or obtainable in game. We chose in game.They could ask again, but don't be surprised if the community votes the same again.

I mean I'm all for in game. I just...Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want damn shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:If you're waiting for armour SETS in the Gem Store, you won't get them.They will make 2 or 3 pieces and call it a day from now on.

I mean I'm all for in game. I just...Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

Even if they offered armor sets in the gem shop, we still wouldn't be getting enough armor skins to come close to meeting our thirst for skins that meet our individual interests. There are very, very few light torso pieces that I like: they are naked, overly ornamented, or look like burlap. I've been hoping for something like Anise's top since we first saw it in 2012.

Offering the skins in the gem shop isn't very likely to increase the number we get by much; it just means we'll be disappointed by both the skins and the price. (I'm sure some people will love them; I just doubt it will be me and, from the sound of it, probably not you either.)

Regardless, the fact is, they aren't "calling it a day". They can only do so many. (Mostly due to design decisions made 8 years ago probably.)

As a side note: you know how much we complain about not being to dye weapons? The design decision to remove that option is probably part of the reason we get so many weapon skins (over 40 sets just from BL chests alone). If they had decided to make armor with fewer moving parts, less contrast, less interaction with environment or spells, and so on... then maybe we'd see more skins more often. But they didn't and so we don't.

I mean I'm all for in game. I just...Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

Caudescus armor dungeon has light pants...

@flog.3485 said:

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

With a miniskirt over it. Pants. Pants pants pants. Might as well call it a skirt with thick leggings.

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

With a miniskirt over it. Pants. Pants pants pants. Might as well call it a skirt with thick leggings.

My bad then. I am mistaken, it is not about Caudecus armor then, but there is plain pants to wear in the game for light armor. I am on phone though, so I can't provide any link for now.

@flog.3485 said:

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

My bad then. I am mistaken, it is not about Caudecus armor then, but there is plain pants to wear in the game for light armor. I am on phone though, so I can't provide any link for now.

EsrVwO3.pngThis IS what you mean right? From the belt down is the bottoms.It's pretty much a short skirt in leggings.

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

EsrVwO3.png

This IS what you mean right? From the belt down is the bottoms.It's pretty much a short skirt in leggings.

I will need to go home tonight to be sure about it.

This out and out lie is spread so often that I have a readymade response for it.

@Vayne.8563 said:People complained about full suits of armor being in the gem store instead of in the game, so Anet went to outfits for the gem store and full sets of armor in the game. The community did ask for it.

Wow, your white-knighting has come to the point that I have rarely agreed with you for some time now, but I hadn't yet come to expect flagrant misrepresentation of facts to blame players for developer decisions.

Players complained that there were no armor sets being added as gameplay rewards, that armor sets were being added to the gemstore was inconsequential, as players did not see that complaint as a choice between gameplay or the store.

And neither did the devs, who already stated their reasons for these changes years ago on the old forums and they had nothing to do with player feedback, but with the time constraints in creating armor combined with a general lack of mass appeal. Creating an armor set for just one weight took a lot of time and resources, and then that armor set would only apply to a third of characters, and that third would be further cut down by personal tastes and the accompanying convenience purchases necessary to use and store said armor, resulting in armor sets being bought by too few players to be profitable for how infrequently they could be released.

Outfits addressed all that. But in my opinion, more than anything else they were so much cheaper and quicker to make that they could still be profitable when purchased by a smaller portion of the playerbase per item, could be put out at greater frequency and volume, and upon a failed release be a relatively inconsequential loss.

@"Conncept.7638" said:This out and out lie is spread so often by white knights for ANet that I have a readymade response for it.

You're disputing the actual evidence? You don't have to like the limited option that ANet gave us nor do you have to like the choice made by the community, but it doesn't change the fact: we were asked whether we preferred new armor in the gem shop or new armor in game and we picked 'game'. The additional fact is that ANet tied itself into knots with its prerelease plans for armor design — like it or not (and I don't), they simply can't deliver more armor sets to the game without skimping on something else that we want.

I agree with your latter statement about outfits: releasing more outfits more often at nearly the same price ends up being win-win for ANet and "less unacceptable" to us. But it still doesn't mean that no outfits would turn into significantly more armor sets per decade.

Here's an additional fact: we are mostly in agreement: ANet chose to make outfits because it was easier and more profitable; they are less interested in armor sets because they are high cost for lower satisfaction; that poorly received outfits are less costly to ANet; and (probably most important to each of us) the current situation is frustrating: there just aren't enough armor sets to satisfy more than a fraction of the community's interests.

The problem is that your phrasing makes it impossible to support your statements. Try to avoid exaggeration & name-calling and hyperbole.

I don't happen to like the status quo, but that doesn't stop me from trying to understand how we got to this point and why it's difficult for ANet to do things all that much differently.

@"Conncept.7638" said:This out and out lie is spread so often by white knights for ANet that I have a readymade response for it.

You're disputing the actual evidence?

I'm disputing nothing, it is a fact that your "evidence" is fabricated based on what you and other white knights want to be true as it makes defense of ANets decision easier, in spite of what actually happened according to ANet developers own words.

This decision was made for reasons of monetization and workflow, no players were polled, and no player had any say whatsoever even if it was a subject commonly discussed at the time, that is a fact, and there is no disputing facts.

Wait, so anet wants to charge us microtransactions, but refuses to create armor sets because "its too hard"??? hahaha. I have never heard a single developer in the mmo or single player rpg's say something this laughable. I mean, you're charging ~$10 per armor, and "its too hard"? LOL. Only with Anet.

@flog.3485 said:

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

EsrVwO3.png

This IS what you mean right? From the belt down is the bottoms.It's pretty much a short skirt in leggings.

I was actually thinking about ascalonian armor: the ascalonian performer pantsHere is the chat link: [&CmYCAAA=]

@flog.3485 said:

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

EsrVwO3.png

I was actually thinking about ascalonian armor: the ascalonian performer pantsHere is the chat link: [&CmYCAAA=]

That's what I linked in the image.

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

EsrVwO3.png

That's what I linked in the image.

True. Guess the pants are different whether you play a male or a female character. And since I don't play female characters...My bad again.

Anyway, back to topic at hand...More variation in terms of pants armor would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking forward to seeing what their armor release timetable is like. There were some armor sets released during hot but the were confined to pvp, wvw and legendary sets (which were apparently so time consuming that the devs said they would not be making another legendary set). With the legendaries out the way it will be interesting to see if they can produce normal sets faster.

I'm hoping for a fractal themed set to match the bulky fractal weapons, a karka/chak living armor set (using a portion of that legendary tech) and above all else a set of boots, gloves and the shortcut eagle's helmet from SAB.

I've always wondered why other games seem to be able to put out armor with little trouble, but it seems super hard for GW2 to put more than a few out at a time. Is it something to do with their engine?

It seems like they could increase that particular team and then find a nice ration of In-Game Rewards vs Gem Store sets to help offset the costs. Oh, and please complete the partial armor sets that are ALREADY in the store. =)

@videoboy.4162 said:I've always wondered why other games seem to be able to put out armor with little trouble, but it seems super hard for GW2 to put more than a few out at a time. Is it something to do with their engine?

It seems like they could increase that particular team and then find a nice ration of In-Game Rewards vs Gem Store sets to help offset the costs. Oh, and please complete the partial armor sets that are ALREADY in the store. =)

Yes at least complete the sets over a period of time! Give us more toxic gear, we've already waited years, and I desperately want foefire chest and leg wraps as nothing currently available fits the look I want using the other foefire armors

Archived