Do we have to wait two plus years to have new armor sets? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Do we have to wait two plus years to have new armor sets?

Since all they're releasing is ugly gem store outfits, do we have to wait for the next expansion that will most likely come out in 2020-2021 to have new armor sets? Ridiculous if you ask me.

Comments

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Especially if we're only going to get 5 each time. If they up the number to like 20, I might let it go and fill the rest of my armor unlocking shaped hole in my heart with other awesome features

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:
    Since all they're releasing is ugly gem store outfits, do we have to wait for the next expansion that will most likely come out in 2020-2021 to have new armor sets? Ridiculous if you ask me.

    If you're waiting for armour SETS in the Gem Store, you won't get them.
    They will make 2 or 3 pieces and call it a day from now on.

    So technically yes, either next expansion or... do they release armour in Living World stuff? If not then yes... next expansion.

  • @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    If you're waiting for armour SETS in the Gem Store, you won't get them.
    They will make 2 or 3 pieces and call it a day from now on.

    They offered us the choice of armor sets in the Gem Shop or obtainable in game. We chose in game.
    They could ask again, but don't be surprised if the community votes the same again.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    If you're waiting for armour SETS in the Gem Store, you won't get them.
    They will make 2 or 3 pieces and call it a day from now on.

    They offered us the choice of armor sets in the Gem Shop or obtainable in game. We chose in game.
    They could ask again, but don't be surprised if the community votes the same again.

    I mean I'm all for in game. I just...
    Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.
    What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

    They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

    Even if they offered armor sets in the gem shop, we still wouldn't be getting enough armor skins to come close to meeting our thirst for skins that meet our individual interests. There are very, very few light torso pieces that I like: they are naked, overly ornamented, or look like burlap. I've been hoping for something like Anise's top since we first saw it in 2012.

    Offering the skins in the gem shop isn't very likely to increase the number we get by much; it just means we'll be disappointed by both the skins and the price. (I'm sure some people will love them; I just doubt it will be me and, from the sound of it, probably not you either.)

    Regardless, the fact is, they aren't "calling it a day". They can only do so many. (Mostly due to design decisions made 8 years ago probably.)

    As a side note: you know how much we complain about not being to dye weapons? The design decision to remove that option is probably part of the reason we get so many weapon skins (over 40 sets just from BL chests alone). If they had decided to make armor with fewer moving parts, less contrast, less interaction with environment or spells, and so on... then maybe we'd see more skins more often. But they didn't and so we don't.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:

    I mean I'm all for in game. I just...
    Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.
    What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

    They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

    Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

    Caudescus armor dungeon has light pants...

  • flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:

    I mean I'm all for in game. I just...
    Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.
    What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

    They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

    Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

    Caudescus armor dungeon has light pants...

    With a miniskirt over it. Pants. Pants pants pants. Might as well call it a skirt with thick leggings.

    My bad then. I am mistaken, it is not about Caudecus armor then, but there is plain pants to wear in the game for light armor. I am on phone though, so I can't provide any link for now.

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:

    I mean I'm all for in game. I just...
    Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.
    What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

    They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

    Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

    Caudescus armor dungeon has light pants...

    With a miniskirt over it. Pants. Pants pants pants. Might as well call it a skirt with thick leggings.

    My bad then. I am mistaken, it is not about Caudecus armor then, but there is plain pants to wear in the game for light armor. I am on phone though, so I can't provide any link for now.


    This IS what you mean right? From the belt down is the bottoms.
    It's pretty much a short skirt in leggings.

  • flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:

    I mean I'm all for in game. I just...
    Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.
    What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

    They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

    Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

    Caudescus armor dungeon has light pants...

    With a miniskirt over it. Pants. Pants pants pants. Might as well call it a skirt with thick leggings.

    My bad then. I am mistaken, it is not about Caudecus armor then, but there is plain pants to wear in the game for light armor. I am on phone though, so I can't provide any link for now.


    This IS what you mean right? From the belt down is the bottoms.
    It's pretty much a short skirt in leggings.

    I will need to go home tonight to be sure about it.

  • Conncept.7638Conncept.7638 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2018

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    If you're waiting for armour SETS in the Gem Store, you won't get them.
    They will make 2 or 3 pieces and call it a day from now on.

    They offered us the choice of armor sets in the Gem Shop or obtainable in game. We chose in game.
    They could ask again, but don't be surprised if the community votes the same again.

    This out and out lie is spread so often that I have a readymade response for it.

    @Vayne.8563 said:
    People complained about full suits of armor being in the gem store instead of in the game, so Anet went to outfits for the gem store and full sets of armor in the game. The community did ask for it.

    Wow, your white-knighting has come to the point that I have rarely agreed with you for some time now, but I hadn't yet come to expect flagrant misrepresentation of facts to blame players for developer decisions.

    Players complained that there were no armor sets being added as gameplay rewards, that armor sets were being added to the gemstore was inconsequential, as players did not see that complaint as a choice between gameplay or the store.

    And neither did the devs, who already stated their reasons for these changes years ago on the old forums and they had nothing to do with player feedback, but with the time constraints in creating armor combined with a general lack of mass appeal. Creating an armor set for just one weight took a lot of time and resources, and then that armor set would only apply to a third of characters, and that third would be further cut down by personal tastes and the accompanying convenience purchases necessary to use and store said armor, resulting in armor sets being bought by too few players to be profitable for how infrequently they could be released.

    Outfits addressed all that. But in my opinion, more than anything else they were so much cheaper and quicker to make that they could still be profitable when purchased by a smaller portion of the playerbase per item, could be put out at greater frequency and volume, and upon a failed release be a relatively inconsequential loss.

  • @Conncept.7638 said:
    This out and out lie is spread so often by white knights for ANet that I have a readymade response for it.

    You're disputing the actual evidence? You don't have to like the limited option that ANet gave us nor do you have to like the choice made by the community, but it doesn't change the fact: we were asked whether we preferred new armor in the gem shop or new armor in game and we picked 'game'. The additional fact is that ANet tied itself into knots with its prerelease plans for armor design — like it or not (and I don't), they simply can't deliver more armor sets to the game without skimping on something else that we want.

    I agree with your latter statement about outfits: releasing more outfits more often at nearly the same price ends up being win-win for ANet and "less unacceptable" to us. But it still doesn't mean that no outfits would turn into significantly more armor sets per decade.

    Here's an additional fact: we are mostly in agreement: ANet chose to make outfits because it was easier and more profitable; they are less interested in armor sets because they are high cost for lower satisfaction; that poorly received outfits are less costly to ANet; and (probably most important to each of us) the current situation is frustrating: there just aren't enough armor sets to satisfy more than a fraction of the community's interests.

    The problem is that your phrasing makes it impossible to support your statements. Try to avoid exaggeration & name-calling and hyperbole.

    I don't happen to like the status quo, but that doesn't stop me from trying to understand how we got to this point and why it's difficult for ANet to do things all that much differently.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Conncept.7638Conncept.7638 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2018

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Conncept.7638 said:
    This out and out lie is spread so often by white knights for ANet that I have a readymade response for it.

    You're disputing the actual evidence?

    I'm disputing nothing, it is a fact that your "evidence" is fabricated based on what you and other white knights want to be true as it makes defense of ANets decision easier, in spite of what actually happened according to ANet developers own words.

    This decision was made for reasons of monetization and workflow, no players were polled, and no player had any say whatsoever even if it was a subject commonly discussed at the time, that is a fact, and there is no disputing facts.

  • Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2018

    At least they should remove armor weight restrictions and let us mix-n-match Heavy-Medium-Light stuff. Clipping already exists on current armor sets and even on Outfits so that's a lame excuse.

  • Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Wait, so anet wants to charge us microtransactions, but refuses to create armor sets because "its too hard"??? hahaha. I have never heard a single developer in the mmo or single player rpg's say something this laughable. I mean, you're charging ~$10 per armor, and "its too hard"? LOL. Only with Anet.

  • flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:

    I mean I'm all for in game. I just...
    Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.
    What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

    They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

    Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

    Caudescus armor dungeon has light pants...

    With a miniskirt over it. Pants. Pants pants pants. Might as well call it a skirt with thick leggings.

    My bad then. I am mistaken, it is not about Caudecus armor then, but there is plain pants to wear in the game for light armor. I am on phone though, so I can't provide any link for now.


    This IS what you mean right? From the belt down is the bottoms.
    It's pretty much a short skirt in leggings.

    I will need to go home tonight to be sure about it.

    I was actually thinking about ascalonian armor: the ascalonian performer pants
    Here is the chat link: [&CmYCAAA=]

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @flog.3485 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:

    I mean I'm all for in game. I just...
    Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.
    What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

    They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

    Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

    Caudescus armor dungeon has light pants...

    With a miniskirt over it. Pants. Pants pants pants. Might as well call it a skirt with thick leggings.

    My bad then. I am mistaken, it is not about Caudecus armor then, but there is plain pants to wear in the game for light armor. I am on phone though, so I can't provide any link for now.


    This IS what you mean right? From the belt down is the bottoms.
    It's pretty much a short skirt in leggings.

    I will need to go home tonight to be sure about it.

    I was actually thinking about ascalonian armor: the ascalonian performer pants
    Here is the chat link: [&CmYCAAA=]

    That's what I linked in the image.

  • Crossaber.8934Crossaber.8934 Member ✭✭✭

    I lost hope to new armor set when players complained about gemstore armor set, and endup anet took the easy way out by only selling outfit in gemstore...

    Yes PoF armor are ugly, in order to give us incentive to buy outfit.

    Cross

  • flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @flog.3485 said:

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:

    I mean I'm all for in game. I just...
    Why should I even bother repeating the broken record of I want kitten shirt/tops for medium and pants for light.
    What I saw in PoF was once again none of the above.

    They almost gave me pants for light armour. Almost... then as one Asura said once... they "muck it up".

    Been waiting pants for light armor for over 5 years. Its never coming. Its just a dream.

    Caudescus armor dungeon has light pants...

    With a miniskirt over it. Pants. Pants pants pants. Might as well call it a skirt with thick leggings.

    My bad then. I am mistaken, it is not about Caudecus armor then, but there is plain pants to wear in the game for light armor. I am on phone though, so I can't provide any link for now.


    This IS what you mean right? From the belt down is the bottoms.
    It's pretty much a short skirt in leggings.

    I will need to go home tonight to be sure about it.

    I was actually thinking about ascalonian armor: the ascalonian performer pants
    Here is the chat link: [&CmYCAAA=]

    That's what I linked in the image.

    True. Guess the pants are different whether you play a male or a female character. And since I don't play female characters...My bad again.

    Anyway, back to topic at hand...More variation in terms of pants armor would be greatly appreciated.

  • I'm looking forward to seeing what their armor release timetable is like. There were some armor sets released during hot but the were confined to pvp, wvw and legendary sets (which were apparently so time consuming that the devs said they would not be making another legendary set). With the legendaries out the way it will be interesting to see if they can produce normal sets faster.

    I'm hoping for a fractal themed set to match the bulky fractal weapons, a karka/chak living armor set (using a portion of that legendary tech) and above all else a set of boots, gloves and the shortcut eagle's helmet from SAB.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yea would be quite a waste to make the legnedary armors transform technology to then never use it again.

  • videoboy.4162videoboy.4162 Member ✭✭✭

    I've always wondered why other games seem to be able to put out armor with little trouble, but it seems super hard for GW2 to put more than a few out at a time. Is it something to do with their engine?

    It seems like they could increase that particular team and then find a nice ration of In-Game Rewards vs Gem Store sets to help offset the costs. Oh, and please complete the partial armor sets that are ALREADY in the store. =)

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @videoboy.4162 said:
    I've always wondered why other games seem to be able to put out armor with little trouble, but it seems super hard for GW2 to put more than a few out at a time. Is it something to do with their engine?

    It seems like they could increase that particular team and then find a nice ration of In-Game Rewards vs Gem Store sets to help offset the costs. Oh, and please complete the partial armor sets that are ALREADY in the store. =)

    Yes at least complete the sets over a period of time! Give us more toxic gear, we've already waited years, and I desperately want foefire chest and leg wraps as nothing currently available fits the look I want using the other foefire armors

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • videoboy.4162videoboy.4162 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tenrai Senshi.2017 said:
    Honestly, I'd be satisfied with one new set for each weight with each living story episode (with the set being themed around the new area). It would make for a great reward to work towards while playing in new areas.

    That would be awesome! It would also be cool if they made looks specifically for Charr and Asura, sine their models are so different from the other three races.

    I get the impression their armor team is super small. I wonder why they don't have a larger, set team for it since armor is primarily the biggest reward offered by the game.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2018

    @Nuka Cola.8520 said:
    Wait, so anet wants to charge us microtransactions, but refuses to create armor sets because "its too hard"??? hahaha. I have never heard a single developer in the mmo or single player rpg's say something this laughable. I mean, you're charging ~$10 per armor, and "its too hard"? LOL. Only with Anet.

    Um, no. They don't create armor sets because they don't make money with them. They never said that. They used to sell whole armor skins for 1000 (or 800?) gems ... they had to stop because they couldn't make them profitably.

    ... which leads to the reason you don't see many armors NOT locked behind paid content. So if you don't like the fact that you don't get enough armor skins, guess you will have to settle for what we have or use outfits.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Glacial.9516Glacial.9516 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2018

    At halloween they gave us a new armor set for each weight.
    PoF gave us five armor sets for each weight (although the Elonian and Spearmarshal are so similar it's difficult to credit them as two different armor sets, maybe 1.5)

    This is already a HUGE improvement compared to the 2 from HoT and... was Carapace armor the most recent before that? That's not to say that we couldn't use more, but I think things have been looking up in terms of armor sets lately. It would be wholly unreasonable imo to expect 20 armor sets for every expansion, but I think one or two per year would be very welcomed (in addition to two or three from expansions).

  • Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2018

    This is what I really dislike about GW2. I am all for armors and I've been an armorholic ever since GW1 as I want to catch them all- dress up my characters with wonderful and unique armorcombos.
    Waiting for another expansion pack which probably will take 2+ years is long enough for ARMOR PIECES. If they can stop making these ugly outfits and these ugly weapons none will ever use anyway and start working on armors instead for a change!

    I also dislike we will only be getting 3 armor skins per profession' weight, (6 as for sexes- male/female versions).
    But back in the GW1 days, each profession were getting their own armor, for an example;

    Nightfall and Path of Fire comparing:

    Nightfall:
    - 2 more classes, Paragon and Dervish- which is a total of 10 different and unique professions, both male and female versions.
    Armors for all 10 professions both female and male versions:

    • Ancient armor for all 10 professions.
    • Vabbian armor for all 10 professions.

    Armors for all 8 professions both female and male versions: (No Assassin or Ritualist)

    • Elonian armor for all 8 professions.
    • Sunspear armor for all 8 professions.
    • Elite Sunspear armor for all 8 professions.
    • Primeval armor for all 8 professions.
    • Istani armor for all 8 professions.
    • Elonian armor for the 2 professions as their default armor for Paragon and Dervish.

    Total: 62 armor sets. 124 armor sets for both male and female versions.

    Path of Fire:
    - No new classes, still using the 3 weight system.
    Armors for all 9 professions both female and male versions also for all 6 races. 3 armorpieces for each weight.

    • Bounty Hunter's
    • Elonian
    • Funerary
    • Spearmarshal's
    • Warbeast

    Total: 15 armor sets. 30 armor sets for both male and female versions.
    Note that the other races are just copy+paste armors, nothing unique or racial, just copy+paste, render here and there.

    Now it would be amazing if they could actually make something more unique into here as we're using 5 other races than the original race, Humans. Making more racial armor sets, now THAT would be interesting!
    This is just insane and I am so disappointed how GW2 ended up comparing to GW1 on this matter.

    | Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

  • Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alga.6498 said:
    This is what I really dislike about GW2. I am all for armors and I've been an armorholic ever since GW1 as I want to catch them all- dress up my characters with wonderful and unique armorcombos.
    Waiting for another expansion pack which probably will take 2+ years is long enough for ARMOR PIECES. If they can stop making these ugly outfits and these ugly weapons none will ever use anyway and start working on armors instead for a change!

    I also dislike we will only be getting 3 armor skins per profession' weight, (6 as for sexes- male/female versions).
    But back in the GW1 days, each profession were getting their own armor, for an example;

    Nightfall and Path of Fire comparing:

    Nightfall:
    - 2 more classes, Paragon and Dervish- which is a total of 10 different and unique professions, both male and female versions.
    Armors for all 10 professions both female and male versions:

    • Ancient armor for all 10 professions.
    • Vabbian armor for all 10 professions.

    Armors for all 8 professions both female and male versions: (No Assassin or Ritualist)

    • Elonian armor for all 8 professions.
    • Sunspear armor for all 8 professions.
    • Elite Sunspear armor for all 8 professions.
    • Primeval armor for all 8 professions.
    • Istani armor for all 8 professions.
    • Elonian armor for the 2 professions as their default armor for Paragon and Dervish.

    Total: 62 armor sets. 124 armor sets for both male and female versions.

    Path of Fire:
    - No new classes, still using the 3 weight system.
    Armors for all 9 professions both female and male versions also for all 6 races. 3 armorpieces for each weight.

    • Bounty Hunter's
    • Elonian
    • Funerary
    • Spearmarshal's
    • Warbeast

    Total: 15 armor sets. 30 armor sets for both male and female versions.
    Note that the other races are just copy+paste armors, nothing unique or racial, just copy+paste, render here and there.

    Now it would be amazing if they could actually make something more unique into here as we're using 5 other races than the original race, Humans. Making more racial armor sets, now THAT would be interesting!
    This is just insane and I am so disappointed how GW2 ended up comparing to GW1 on this matter.

    Exactly how i feel.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    pls delete charr...

  • @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Conncept.7638 said:
    This out and out lie is spread so often by white knights for ANet that I have a readymade response for it.

    You're disputing the actual evidence? You don't have to like the limited option that ANet gave us nor do you have to like the choice made by the community, but it doesn't change the fact: we were asked whether we preferred new armor in the gem shop or new armor in game and we picked 'game'. The additional fact is that ANet tied itself into knots with its prerelease plans for armor design — like it or not (and I don't), they simply can't deliver more armor sets to the game without skimping on something else that we want.

    I agree with your latter statement about outfits: releasing more outfits more often at nearly the same price ends up being win-win for ANet and "less unacceptable" to us. But it still doesn't mean that no outfits would turn into significantly more armor sets per decade.

    Here's an additional fact: we are mostly in agreement: ANet chose to make outfits because it was easier and more profitable; they are less interested in armor sets because they are high cost for lower satisfaction; that poorly received outfits are less costly to ANet; and (probably most important to each of us) the current situation is frustrating: there just aren't enough armor sets to satisfy more than a fraction of the community's interests.

    The problem is that your phrasing makes it impossible to support your statements. Try to avoid exaggeration & name-calling and hyperbole.

    I don't happen to like the status quo, but that doesn't stop me from trying to understand how we got to this point and why it's difficult for ANet to do things all that much differently.

    I'm not going to say you're lying, but I would like to see a link, I've been looking for an official Anet comment stating that there has been a survey where they asked this, I have played GW2 from the beta, I never encounted this survey, Granted I have had breaks of 1-2 months over the years. missing certain Living world events from season 1.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.