Opal vendor

irondog.4830

A long time ago I came across a vendor who was selling opals. I was shocked to see this. I compared the prices to the prices on the tp and his, and his was definitely cheaper. So, I knew where to go to when I needed them for the legendary crafting. However, when I went back he was no longer there. I believed it was in Malchor's leap, but maybe it was in one of the other Orr zones. I know I am not crazy. I did come across a merchant selling them, but I have never been able to find him again. Anyone know anything about this?

I also tried looking it up online but can find nothing. I was shocked when I found this guy selling them. I looked at top and his were half the price at least. I know what I saw. Just wish I had written it down and bought them instead of thinking I'd come back later. Thanks for all the responses. Really strange. lol

Sometimes occures a very strange bug with npc-vendors. When talking to them, the buy-back-tab opens first.

Here is an idea of what may have happened:Orr is still a place for good farming, with champion trains and meta events. Not very good, but for some certain materials it works pretty good. When a zerg is formed, they usually do not farm for a single event, they stick together for quite a time. However, due to the nature of drops, sooner or later people get a full inventory. The reactions are always the same. Quickly salvage everything, deposit (some even forget that) and quickly sell the rest of the useless stuff to an NPC vendor (runes&sigils, trophies, ... etc.). The goal is to return to the zerg asap, to lose as less loot as possible.

They continue farming and repeat the procedure maybe once or twice until they get tired or the zerg stops operating, because the leader gtg. That is the point where the group cools down and begins to empty their bags for the last time. Some go to their home-cities/lounges others use local vendors as before.

I guess in OPs case, the above mentioned bug appeared and the npc he previously/accidently sold his orbs to, opened the buy-back-tab instead of the goods-tab. He saw the orbs for a ridiculously low price, wondered checked TP and realized that his inventory still needs cleanup. So he opened the sell-tab and the mystical vendor was gone ^^.

This is the only plausible way I can think of. The alternative would be a secret event vendor. But those usually sell bundles/environemental-weapons. Some of them do look like materials. But I do not recap anything that looked like an orb, except for the Power Matrix from Varbb.

Archived