[Suggestion] Add Spinal Blades Glider (All colours)

Hello,You've all seen Spinal Blades Backpacks here and there and if you've played the game long enough seeing them probably carries some nice memories of a burning LA. Unfortunatly though, when you start gliding with them they suddenly disappear and turn into something very different. Wouldn't it be nice if you could actually use it's winglike structure with the - what seems to be a - jetpack?

Well I would like that a lot!

@Rauderi.8706 said:Spinal Blades (with dyeable aura), Molten jetpack, Holographic and Shattered wings . . Make 'em all gliders!

I wholeheartedly agree with all of these. The only sticking point is the dyeable aura on spinal blades. Took me a while to craft all versions. Having said that, being able to choose any aura color would be a welcome change. Those skins would then all be duplicates of each other, though.

Another thought:Make the aura dyeable only when all versions of the spinal blades are unlocked in the wardrobe. This gives more incentive to create all variations and doesn't negate the efforts already put in by players who have them all.

@Sariel V.7024 said:I've a feeling the reason we don't have these is because Gliders as a whole are not craftable. Basing a glider on a craftable item would cause a precedent ANet doesn't want to set.

We do have the PvP, WvW and Fractal Legendarys thought which are craftable Backpack/Glider combos, but yes maybe they want to keep that as a unique thing for legendary backpacks. I hope they don't.Molten Jetpack would be awesome as well, maybe then I could get myself to buy that, +we don't have a jetpack yet or do we?

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:We do have the PvP, WvW and Fractal Legendarys thought which are craftable Backpack/Glider combos,

Going to have to give this some thought. Those items are significantly different from Spinal Blades in that they are only craftable once, but then the skins can be freely applied.

Get some sticks over here - this dead horse got some more beating incoming.

Since gliding became a thing, many people raised their voices and were hoping for a glider version of the spinal blades.

Long story short - gliders are gem store exclusive (only exeptions are legendary backpacks). Funny enough, I would actually pay for a glider version of my shiny blue spinal blade - no dye channels needed, but nope - for some reason, ANet doesn't want to make easy money with assets that are already in game...

Archived