History Made: Dredgehaunt Cliffs event for Chuka and Champawat bug FIXED FINALLY after 2+ years!!!

First off, I'd like to commemorate the 70+ players that participated in this historical moment, probably the greatest moment in history of gw2. You all know who you are, few free to post below if you were here for the event today.

Now: This event has been bugged since HoT release sources tell me and today commanded by Quintessential Evil and 4 other commanders, we managed to flood the map and create a new instance. It was incredibly difficult because no one ever barely steps foot on Dredgehaunt Cliffs. That's why those who were willing to spend time outta their day to come to this historical event will be forever remembered and ingrained into this forum. The thousands of players who couldn't craft Chuka and Champawat for days, weeks, months or even years can now have peace in mind. Same goes for those who are planning to craft it in the future, know that we payed the way for yall.

So again to everyone who participated today: From the bottom of my aging heart and many others, Thank You.If you were part of this today, post down below to show anything is possible.

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/f6xUXG

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It also doesn't mean ArenaNet didn't 'fix' the issue, and it ended up broken, again. Sometimes, fixing a bug will cause another, even more difficult to fix, bug. Sometimes, as well, the exact cause of the bug can not be determined, and thus, no fix is possible. /shrug

They introduced new ways to achieve legendary collections with the defense of Orr and what not. Not sure why this one is a problem since I don't know the SB collection, but it seems silly that this is a problem at all. If it's causing problems, just make a random skale give you the collection piece rather than lock people out of the weapon.

For those wondering, Chuka and Champawat needed an event completed, but the event was bugged for many people, including myself. While this may not have fixed the overall issue with the event itself, it did allow a bunch of people to finally continue with the weapon, so I consider it pretty awesome that players themselves came together in order to circumvent the issue.

@ZenithaL.2475 said:Thanks Lunno.1862 for explaining the bug. Around 100 players were on the map to fix it, it was truly a sight to see.

You didn't fix the bug, though. You just organized to create a new instance of the map, which is great teamwork, but the bug still exists. The old instance will still be bugged. And the new instance you created, if it somehow stayed around long enough, would eventually become bugged, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived