Proof of heroics after PoF

AllNightPlayer.1286

I’m a bit confused and uncertain right now.I already know, that there will be a new, alternative currency for the Heroics Notary with the relase of PoF. But what will happen to the Proof of Heroics after the release of PoF?Will I still be able to “buy” Hero Points of Central Tyria and HoT with Proofs of Heroics after the release of PoF? Right now, I’m not sure, if I should buy Hero Points for all my characters before friday.

Hello,

As far as I know, Proof of Heroics will stay in its current functionnality, namely : they'll allow you to buy Core Tyria and HoT Hero Challenges, alongside HoT's recipes, sigils, runes, and misc. The only question is their availability, and my personal guess is you'll have to chose between PoH and new currency in the skirmish rewards chest.

That said, unless you need PoH for gear, there's no harm in unlocking Hero Challenges before friday for all your characters. Unless of course you'd enjoy doing them !

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Why would anything change for Proof of Heroics? The only comment made was that there would be a new currency for PoF.

For what it's worth, I'm not spending Proofs of Heroics in advance; I'd rather wait to see if anything happens with acquisition methods or what's available via various vendors.

There won't be any acquisition methods. The only way to get them is play until Friday. At PoF launch, the new currency will drop in it's place. If you have old skirmish chests, they will have proof of heroics in them, but the old chests stop dropping at launch Friday. A new chest is being added with the new currency.

@Ubi.4136 said:There won't be any acquisition methods. The only way to get them is play until Friday. At PoF launch, the new currency will drop in it's place. If you have old skirmish chests, they will have proof of heroics in them, but the old chests stop dropping at launch Friday. A new chest is being added with the new currency.

This is the reason fo my uncertainty. As fas as I understood, Proofs of Heroics are going to be retired.

@ThomasC.1056 said:Hello,

As far as I know, Proof of Heroics will stay in its current functionnality, namely : they'll allow you to buy Core Tyria and HoT Hero Challenges, alongside HoT's recipes, sigils, runes, and misc. The only question is their availability, and my personal guess is you'll have to chose between PoH and new currency in the skirmish rewards chest.

That said, unless you need PoH for gear, there's no harm in unlocking Hero Challenges before friday for all your characters. Unless of course you'd enjoy doing them !

That's how I understand it. There will be a new skrimish chest introduced, with current skirmish chest's rewards (this includes proofs of heroics) + a new currency which we will be able to use to buy PoF sigils, runes, recipes, unlock hero points, etc. ArenaNet's goal is to give all players equal start clearly.

These are the dev posts from the thread:

Post #1:

We will be adding a new currency that is similar to Proof of Heroics that will allow you to buy new sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points from PoF.

Post #2:

There will be a new skirmish chest with the new currency in them.

Post #3:

You will still be able to purchase everything you can now with Proof of Heroics.

Post #4:

All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will contain Proof of Heroics. All skirmish chests earned after will have the new currency.

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:There won't be any acquisition methods. The only way to get them is play until Friday. At PoF launch, the new currency will drop in it's place. If you have old skirmish chests, they will have proof of heroics in them, but the old chests stop dropping at launch Friday. A new chest is being added with the new currency.

This is the reason fo my uncertainty. As fas as I understood,
Proofs of Heroics
are going to be retired.

Somehow I don't think they would retire them. I interpreted ANet's statement in that the new skirmish chests will have the new currency in them as well? I'd find that really weird to be playing WvW earning skirmish chests thinking I'll be able to unlock my HoT elite spec via Proofs of Heroics and not get any. That's basically a huge 'flip the bird' to new players.

@Zephyra.4709 said:

Proofs of Heroics
are going to be retired.

Somehow I don't think they would retire them. I interpreted ANet's statement in that the new skirmish chests will have the new currency in them
as well
? I'd find that really weird to be playing WvW earning skirmish chests thinking I'll be able to unlock my HoT elite spec via Proofs of Heroics and not get any. That's basically a huge 'flip the bird' to new players.

This is my understanding as well. If you look at the current skirmish chest, we can select a number of different things including Proof of Heroics. When PoF starts, we can select the exact same thing plus the PoF equivalent of proofs of heroics IF your account has PoF. The main reason I can see why they want to add the new currency is so that they can keep PoF runes/sigils/hero points etc buyable only using PoF currency, which makes sense.

@Nate.3927 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:

Proofs of Heroics
are going to be retired.

Somehow I don't think they would retire them. I interpreted ANet's statement in that the new skirmish chests will have the new currency in them
as well
? I'd find that really weird to be playing WvW earning skirmish chests thinking I'll be able to unlock my HoT elite spec via Proofs of Heroics and not get any. That's basically a huge 'flip the bird' to new players.

This is my understanding as well. If you look at the current skirmish chest, we can select a number of different things including Proof of Heroics. When PoF starts, we can select the exact same thing plus the PoF equivalent of proofs of heroics IF your account has PoF. The main reason I can see why they want to add the new currency is so that they can keep PoF runes/sigils/hero points etc buyable only using PoF currency, which makes sense.

This is how I understand it, because that's what would make sense the most. Now, I digged in the old forum and this is what McKenna stated lastly :

@"McKenna Berdrow.2759"

All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will contain Proof of Heroics. All skirmish chests earned after will have the new currency.

It's a little bit ambiguous because there're two readings of it (bolded additions)

1. "All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will only contain PoH. All skirmish chests earned after will only have the new currency.
  2. "All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will only contain PoH. All skirmish chests earned after will additionnaly have the new currency."

It changes the sense a lot ! Once again, I understand it as 2nd proposition, because that's what would make the most sense so that WvW players may still get

. (don't click that link if you're below 30 years old.)

if you unlocked all the heroes challenges using PoH with a character, you should have around 300+ spare hero points already for that character. if you haven't, do it now and you'll have less work when PoF launched.

spare hero points are pooled, and you can use it for any specialization, including future specialization.

@ThomasC.1056 said:

@Nate.3927 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:

Proofs of Heroics
are going to be retired.

as well

This is how I understand it, because that's what would make sense the most. Now, I digged in
and this is what McKenna stated lastly :

@"McKenna Berdrow.2759"

It's a little bit ambiguous because there're two readings of it (bolded additions)
  1. "All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will
    only
    contain PoH. All skirmish chests earned after will
    only
    have the new currency.
  2. "All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will
    only
    contain PoH. All skirmish chests earned after will
    additionnaly
    have the new currency."

It changes the sense a lot ! Once again, I understand it as 2nd proposition, because that's what would make the most sense so that WvW players may still get
. (don't click that link if you're below 30 years old.)

I think they're going to go with option 1 and just allow the new currency to buy all of the HoT stuff and the PoF stuff (assuming you own the relevant expac of course). This seems by far the easiest and most scalable approach for future expacs. I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.

Archived