Suggestion: Remedying Event Bugs.

I’ve been on and off thinking about this idea for a while, so I hope what I can write here will do justice.

We’ve all seen threads and/or experienced the bother that comes from events that stall, bug, don’t work, or don’t start as they should. It’s a nightmare when you’re trying to complete a collection, especially if it’s for a Legendary.My suggestion takes credit from the fact that these events do occur naturally at least once after a patch or if a new map is spawned. What if on a long schedule of, let’s just throw out, say 6hrs, all old map instances would automatically close and move people to a fresh instance, at least for core Tyria maps. I know this is not a fix to events bugging out, but it would remedy the effects of it, by mimicking what happens when a patch comes around. Fixing and re-fixing events is a challenge to keep up with.Feel free to comment, this is just a suggestion, and may need adjusting, but that’s the basis of it.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:As long as it's only voluntary. No one would want to be forced to move in the middle of an event or chain of events. I'm guessing it might take more server resources; I don't know if that would impact ArenaNet's bottom line.

The Idea would be to have a 30min timer to move maps, similar to how we have a 1hr timer at the moment for if multiple maps are open and start to empty.The only difference being for Core Tyria maps, there's usually only one instance open, with bugged/stalled events on, this prompt would be to open a fresh map on a regular basis, not to move onto an already open map. Since not many events, if any at all, take longer than 30mins to complete, it seems reasonable to allow the megaserver system to do this task, to refresh maps regularly. The point being it would refresh bugged/stalled events, to then work again, even if only breifly.We already say to people struggling to complete collections that need certain events to wait for a patch and they should work. This idea mimics a patch, it just rolls a new instance on a more frequent basis. Megaserver's open and close maps as they should when they fill/empty already. having an instance decay timer wouldn't be all that bad imho.

Still, there would need to be 2 instances of maps open, often, if not always. One for those wishing to move, and one for those in the middle of an event or chain. Otherwise, all events and/or chains would need to be on a timer. (I'm talking about Core.)

Thus, I don't know if this would require more server resources, and, again, if this would affect ArenaNet's bottom line.

Sounds reasonable for core Tyria and PoF (don't think it's needed in HoT due to inherent resets built in already there). Perhaps have it occur once-daily (perhaps to coincide around daily reset). The map closes at reset, so you start getting warnings an hour beforehand. Volunteer bonus could still apply. For areas with one map open at the time, a second map would logically open up the moment the volunteer option is given.

I don't see any problem with it really. As things currently stand now with the one hour warning for map closing, that is more than enough time to finish whatever event/events/event-chain you are upon and switch maps before it closes.

Archived