Change to One in the Chamber

Jugglemonkey.8741

I think one in the chamber more suitable to a 20 percent cooldown on Cantrips.

I think Malificient 7 could have the added "On using a cantrip cleanse 1 condition".

A major issue with Malicious restoration as I see it , is not only does it have an overly long cooldown but in order for its cleanse effect to work to any sort of efficiency , one has to hold off on a heal until Malice built up. I can get two uses of Withdraw in that period and with trickster traited be guaranteed when used that conditions are removed. Waiting 15+ seconds for that malice to build in addition to a long 30 second cooldown is a double whammy. They can obviously happen at the same time (ie 15 seconds or so into a fight you have the ability to cleanse those conditions to the maximum) but very often one is forced to use the heal for the heal before there enough malice for a cleanse and then have to wait 30 seconds for the ICD wherein your malice may have reset to 0 in the meantime. A lower cooldown on Cantrips , along with another source of cleanses to use in the meantime could help here.

@Tinnel.4369 said:We have a near spammable cleanse on rifle, plus signet, plus shadowstep, plus heals, plus traitables.....

As much as I enjoy the cleanse on Rifle 4, it is still a 5 initiative cost for 1 condition clear. So it's pretty unreliable if you are in a position where you need to use it solely for clearing.

You make good points regarding SS, heal, and traits - but that really only applies to a particular stealthy build of DE. If you are not using SA then your condi clear is lackluster. Hide in Shadows/Malicious Restoration don't see much use on DE outside of SA-oriented builds (due to cooldown mostly). Signet of Agility has to compete with RFI, so it may not always be the most logical choice for the slot.

I run RFI no matter what, swapping Mercy or SoA out as needed, along with Withdraw, and SS and don't run Shadow Arts. There's not a lot that should be able to get on you and stack you too hard except Mirage or another Thief with the range you've got. Even if I have to dump all my initiative + RFI for full clear I've also broken contact up to 1800 range + RFI for another clear and now 2400 range. If you time SS right you get double repositioning plus 3 clears also.

Not saying OP idea is in any way terrible, but of all the classes I play I feel like Thief/Deadeye is pretty capable of dealing with conditions without even needing SA. Slotting SA and stealth skills just to get a clear every 3 seconds seems steep in comparison to the above to me.

@Tinnel.4369 said:I run RFI no matter what, swapping Mercy or SoA out as needed, along with Withdraw, and SS and don't run Shadow Arts. There's not a lot that should be able to get on you and stack you too hard except Mirage or another Thief with the range you've got. Even if I have to dump all my initiative + RFI for full clear I've also broken contact up to 1800 range + RFI for another clear and now 2400 range. If you time SS right you get double repositioning plus 3 clears also.

Not saying OP idea is in any way terrible, but of all the classes I play I feel like Thief/Deadeye is pretty capable of dealing with conditions without even needing SA. Slotting SA and stealth skills just to get a clear every 3 seconds seems steep in comparison to the above to me.

While I understand where you coming from , there more to SA in a DE build than the cleanses. I take it myself for the added stealth access, hidden thief (which can allow you to move some 1200+ units while stealthed) , the ability to quickly and safely rez downed teammates in WvW and the ability to suck up a lof of damage while stealthed. Those Thieves that can quickly close range on you will output little in the way of damage once you stealth.

Any of the three GM traits in the SA line add great functionality to the DE thief, be it the ability to heal and regen INI via rejuv , ignore all crits and blind on stealth via CIS or use Rending shade in conjunction with cursed bullet to quickly peel away Boons on an enemy. The SE cleanse is a bonus on top of all that with the added benefit of only removing damaging conditions (2 per 4 second stealth) wherein you can completely ignore cover conditions .

Don't get me wrong, we do have a lot of cleanses as others have pointed out. But part of why daredevil was so flexible was the ability to have meaningful condi cleanse through EA (supported by shadowstep, signet of agility etc) without relying on SA or acro, which expanded the list of builds that work. All I'm asking for is the same flexibility, without having to resort to stealth spamming if you don't want to play that way.

Whatever the case, I feel that the new stolen skills are part of the reason daredevil currently trumps deadeye, they could have more impact, and linking it to cleanse/transfers/whatever would be an interesting way to do that, no?

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Whatever the case, I feel that the new stolen skills are part of the reason daredevil currently trumps deadeye, they could have more impact, and linking it to cleanse/transfers/whatever would be an interesting way to do that, no?

I agree with that reasoning, something like Escapists Absolution allowed me to stay within the weapon set and generally the role I wanted to fill despite the demands of our servers matchup any given week without going too far into a totally different build. It's not like it would just be a give-away either, the other two choices are really good.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Don't get me wrong, we do have a lot of cleanses as others have pointed out. But part of why daredevil was so flexible was the ability to have meaningful condi cleanse through EA (supported by shadowstep, signet of agility etc) without relying on SA or acro, which expanded the list of builds that work. All I'm asking for is the same flexibility, without having to resort to stealth spamming if you don't want to play that way.

Whatever the case, I feel that the new stolen skills are part of the reason daredevil currently trumps deadeye, they could have more impact, and linking it to cleanse/transfers/whatever would be an interesting way to do that, no?

Fair enough, I'm just saying to remember that Deadeye, at least one running rifle, has cleanses built into it. It's totally possible to run Deadeye without SA or Acro and have decent cleanse and situationally slotting SoA for extra. If you ARE running SA you can remember that instead of spending stealths for cleanse you can use DR for cleanse, damage, and gap creation. It's really a pretty nice skill, it's 5 initiative cost aside.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Don't get me wrong, we do have a lot of cleanses as others have pointed out. But part of why daredevil was so flexible was the ability to have meaningful condi cleanse through EA (supported by shadowstep, signet of agility etc) without relying on SA or acro, which expanded the list of builds that work. All I'm asking for is the same flexibility, without having to resort to stealth spamming if you don't want to play that way.

Fair enough, I'm just saying to remember that Deadeye, at least one running rifle, has cleanses built into it. It's totally possible to run Deadeye without SA or Acro and have decent cleanse and situationally slotting SoA for extra. If you ARE running SA you can remember that instead of spending stealths for cleanse you can use DR for cleanse, damage, and gap creation. It's really a pretty nice skill, it's 5 initiative cost aside.

Going this route in SA can also free up taking Concealed defeat. While the when downed portion of the skill of little use, a lower cooldown on deceptions can be very useful making HIS an excellent cleanse/heal and stealth all in one combo at a more reasonable cooldown. Couple this with Shadowstep over SoA and you alos have a nice stunbreak cleanse that can relocate your map positioning so as to get off a few more attacks at range before gap closed again , this once more on a lower ICD.

Archived