PVE Build: Power Signet Mirage

Jimbru.6014

After some reading on here, and consideration of a few PVE factors -- particularly break bars and my equipment budget -- this is the build I am currently using on my Mesmer for PVE world soloing and improv group play. I think it works pretty well, so offering it up for public view.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAR8ansICFohVoBeoBMrhlUD7MKEdqO+JwG4EkcAUCCAA-jBCBABpo7JgnUA37PIhSQcU/xIlfJY+DgLqAA-e

The main weapon for general wrecking ballage is the greatsword. The second set, sword/pistol, offers both melee range cleaving when needed, and a full set of bar-breaking skills with Illusionary Leap, pistol skills, and active Signet abilities (Midnight and Humility).

If you want even more bar-breaking at the expense of your illusions and shatters, substitute Signet of Domination for Signet of Illusions.

The general concept of this build is to produce a lot of mirrors, ambush and distortion uptime, and defensive effects, with shatters and signets. Tripping a signet (Signets of Inspiration and Midnight are usefully quick to recharge) or summoning a phantasm (which trips a lesser signet effect) in turn trips distortion (granting Ambush), aegis, and regen, AND clears conditions. It slices, it dices, it juliennes! BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! The Swiftness and random bonuses from passive Signet of Inspiration are surprisingly helpful, you have plenty of condition clearing for yourself attached to your signets and healing. And you can even offer group aid with your active Signet of Inspiration, and the spread healing and aegis effects from the Inspiration tree.

One drawback to this build is that underneath all your defensive effects , you are actually rather squishy. But you can substitute Valkyrie, Soldier, or other Toughness/Vitality gear as necessary to reach your preferred level of durability at some expense to your damage dealing.

Constructive inputs appreciated. :)

• 2 months later...

Archived