Matchmaking problem ? Account problem ? Proof in 1 image.

Delweyn.1309

Let's check this.610938gw040.jpg

• So, as a plat1 player in last season, I played 19 matches in unranked.
  • In those 19 matches, I got 4 victories for 15 loses!
  • I talked with a player who said that he won 2 matches before playing with me in the same team. When he was in my team he has lost. But in the next match, he was against me and then won again, destroying all my mates.

So... Let's talk about this incredible matchmaking system that Anet use in their game. Yes, some people were complaining about it but no one brought evidences. Everyone was doing with it and accepted it.

How this system can exist? It put the worst players of the match with some people, again and again. After a long succession of loses that make players angry and playing bad (afk, talking trash to others, trolling) there's a turn and then, they will win 90% of their matches in succession.

STOP This please! It's just deplorable.

You had 5 games that you lost by 25 points or less... Winning / losing those are basically down to luck or one small individual error. This seems like an extremely balanced matchmaking situation here. If this is proof for anything then it is the proof of the exact opposite of what you are saying.

@Delweyn.1309 said:Yes, some people were complaining about it but no one brought evidences.

@"Cal Cohen.3527" said:We collected some data from matches with the new matchmaker. I also grabbed the match data from the same chunk of time last week (under the old matchmaker) to compare to. Below are a few comparisons that I thought were interesting. I also did the same comparisons on the subset of data in which at least one of the teams had an average rating of 1500 or above. All of the data is from unranked matches. The data looks good, and we'll likely be turning the new matchmaker on in ranked sometime next week and for the seasons moving forward. We'll continue to keep an eye on things but I thought I'd share some of the data for those who find it interesting.

OverallOld

• Average rating difference between teams: 37.29
  • Average standard deviation difference between teams: 35.04
  • Percent of games with average rating difference over 50: 24.5%

New

• Average rating difference between teams: 18.02
  • Average standard deviation difference between teams: 23.9
  • Percent of games with average rating difference over 50: 4.7%

Matches where at least one team has average rating >=1500Old

• Average rating difference between teams: 56.87
  • Average standard deviation difference between teams: 37.72
  • Percent of games with average rating difference over 50: 41.3%

New

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:You had 5 games that you lost by 25 points or less... Winning / losing those are basically down to luck or one small individual error. This seems like an extremely balanced matchmaking situation here. If this is proof for anything then it is the proof of the exact opposite of what you are saying.

@Delweyn.1309 said:Yes, some people were complaining about it but no one brought evidences.

@"Cal Cohen.3527" said:We collected some data from matches with the new matchmaker. I also grabbed the match data from the same chunk of time last week (under the old matchmaker) to compare to. Below are a few comparisons that I thought were interesting. I also did the same comparisons on the subset of data in which at least one of the teams had an average rating of 1500 or above. All of the data is from unranked matches. The data looks good, and we'll likely be turning the new matchmaker on in ranked sometime next week and for the seasons moving forward. We'll continue to keep an eye on things but I thought I'd share some of the data for those who find it interesting.

Overall
Old
  • Average rating difference between teams: 37.29
  • Average standard deviation difference between teams: 35.04
  • Percent of games with average rating difference over 50: 24.5%

New
  • Average rating difference between teams: 18.02
  • Average standard deviation difference between teams: 23.9
  • Percent of games with average rating difference over 50: 4.7%

Matches where at least one team has average rating >=1500
Old
  • Average rating difference between teams: 56.87
  • Average standard deviation difference between teams: 37.72
  • Percent of games with average rating difference over 50: 41.3%

New

You are serious ? 5 Matches about 19.Obviously there are matches lost that I could have won if I played a Support or tank. But you take a small part of the information to answer.

And just to say, there are moments too where I win 90% of all my matches. So in average stats it's close to 50/50. What I wanted to say here is how bad their matchmaking system is. It can estimate quite well the lvl of players but the mistake is to think that high rank player can carry very weak players.But it's wrong because not everyone is sindrener. And I play not support or tank builds that could help to carry.

Archived