DBL and Relinkin Server

Towlie.9168

Hello,

i started playin GW2 2012 cuz some Friends bought it and we played some PvE together. Most of them stopped playin gw2 until they reached lvl 80 and i was about to stop playin it too until i discovered WvW. AND I WAS STUNNED BY THIS UNIQUE AWSOME GAME MODE. The fact that hundereds of player work together, and fightin on Battleground caping obstacles for a week against other servers gave me a game experience i never had again since Battlefield 2. I played thousends of hours playin wvw and i never played PvE again. I just wanted to play for my server and i not even sold my loot cuz i didnt care and loot wasnt the reason i was playin for. But WvW was dying slowly and the population was gettin less. But i guess some changes scratched ppl who rly love this game mode, playin it for hundereds of hours and gettin bad schoolmarks.

PLS CHANGE DBL TO A NORMAL BORDERLANDI rly dont understand the random decision at all that u still keep one DBL. The players dont want walk hours to fight about obstacles and WvW shouldn't be a mode thats made for map discovery and PvE stuff. After i took a long break and u changed all BL to DBL and i lost kind of the motivation to play WvW. Anyway Homelands should be an advantage for the home server but on DBL it isnt the case at all. If u have no WP in Garrison u'll lose Air or fire keep until u are there to defend. I guess all players who mainly play WvW are the same opinion and i guess u shouldnt listen to ppl who think DBL is cool, when they only playin WvW 1-2 hours a week.

RELINKINGI was on vabbi before u started linking servers and the server was dead. And i was rly happy to see that u link lowpop severs with others which i saw as a great decision. But u started to relink server again and again and i dont understand why. I loved the derbys against the servers that were like even to us. And the relinking over and over kind of destroyed the motivation behind WvW to fight for ur homeserver and climb up the ledder. I just want to know why u dont fix that cuz i think if u stop relinking the balance will come by itself after a time. (actually im rly happy with the linking^^...just sayin)

NEW BUILDS/METAI dont rly like the changes after the add-ons Hot and PoF BUT I CAN DEAL WITH IT. Its not a topic i expect any changes i just wanted to say that the lead in WvW changed from: ''EMPOWER, VEIL, STAB UP, STATIC CC's, WATER BLAST,'' to '' go there, go there, make sure u run metabuilds, run there, run there, make sure u run metabuilds''. Especially the fact the fighting is not anymore about Skill, movement, ambushes, reaction. The Fight mainly consists about trading boons with condis so the blobs has a much more advantage then it had like 2 years ago. cuz if u are more u have more opportunities to clear condis and switching it to boons. so for a smallscale guild its much more difficult to rly beat a slightly bigger blob. Like 2 years ago u had rly to play together and manage to comboing fields and stuff.

AT LEAST its only my opinion so dont be angry if u dont agree with it. but i would be happy about ur opinions and some answers from anet.

(PS SRY FOR MY ENGLISH)

@Towlie.9168 said:RELINKINGI was on vabbi before u started linking servers and the server was dead. And i was rly happy to see that u link lowpop severs with others which i saw as a great decision. But u started to relink server again and again and i dont understand why. I loved the derbys against the servers that were like even to us. And the relinking over and over kind of destroyed the motivation behind WvW to fight for ur homeserver and climb up the ledder. I just want to know why u dont fix that cuz i think if u stop relinking the balance will come by itself after a time. (actually im rly happy with the linking^^...just sayin)

Agree 10000%. What's the point of having a server to fight for nowadays. Fights are great, competitive ppt is just as great. We've now got a great scoring system in comparison to how it used to be, but who cares about it anymore.

I would absolutely love to have 3 different bl's, IF ONLY THEY WERE EQUALLY PLAYABLE. Right now they are not. But this is only a small concern. ( if you think about it, the red borderland giving disadvantage to the red Team is actually keeping the tiers in Motion. Though this is not a good Thing for the red one it is especially good for everyone else.)

I actually think your last Point is partly wrong. A good guild is still able to fight off bigger blobs. But now you have to be really really good. and not just very good. Not playing your characters too the fullest is killing you pretty fast in any fight right now. And most time this is what got a lot harder.As far as i could observe, wvw seperated between guilds fighting and blobs fighting. I think this is actually fine, as Long as you have enough of both. The Problem is, that you now Need a lot more People to maintain a good Server since you Need both, guilds and blobbs. and you Need them both at a certain Quality.

As concerning Linking, if you would not relink them, the whole System would be obsolete. Because then you would again have the same Environment as before. (the linked Servers beeing practically one Server, just labelled differently) Therefore you have to relink from time to time and i actually Think that two months is a very reasonable time. (maybe not Optimum but still fine) it is just the People getting weirded when something changes.

The things you mentioned are mainly seen as bad, because everyone is so pushed on hating on them. (i really do not like the red border and avoid playing on it. But nevertheless i accept it. There are People who like it.)

All in all wvw is not in a super bad shape at all. ist not very good either but totally playable.There are some things that Need some Kind of dealing with but i think the things you mentioned are secondary.

Nerfing the Scourge aoe. (Making the sandshade smaller)Nerfing the trailblazer equip.Balancing Server populations. (almost impossible to solve)Capping Conditions stacks to make fights less snowbally (though this is partially Tackling the issue mentioned by you)

Archived