View of other players equipment

Gaellus.6081

Maybe i'm spoiled in other games but i'm quite used to the possibility to see the equipment of other players. With this I mean the hero screen of other players.Because sometimes I see people with cool looking gear and then it is impossible for me to know what it is. Of course I can ask, which is not a problem and this is what i'm doing at the moment, but it would be handy if we could just right click a player and "view equipment".

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gabbynot.2654 said:no thank you to this at all in any way shape or form !!!!!!!!!!!!! the player base has made it very clear over the years . they do not want this at all !!!

anet has come out on reddit many times and said they will not do it at all !!!

op is super spoiled !!!!!!!!!!!! :# :# :#

haha I guess I am :) I will stick to asking the player!

@Sombra.3246 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:It would make Raiding even worse, so no thanks.

It would make it better, because you will know if your team mates are really able to raid instead about just lying about their gear and getting carried in the raid.

No it would make it an even more toxic cesspool than it already is.

And this is coming from someone with full legendary armour.

@Gaellus.6081 said:

@Gabbynot.2654 said:no thank you to this at all in any way shape or form !!!!!!!!!!!!! the player base has made it very clear over the years . they do not want this at all !!!

anet has come out on reddit many times and said they will not do it at all !!!

op is super spoiled !!!!!!!!!!!! :# :# :#

haha I guess I am :) I will stick to asking the player!

now if you do it nicely well then maybe that will work best maybe =) . it sure would make things more easy as well if the player says no them their be no harm i see that way long as you ask nicely =) . . but the other way well just reminds me so fully the time anet got kitten foolish and tried to get us pve to watch SL e-sports . that one did not end at all very well . logging in or changing maps and seeing hey we got this e-sport thing going on and we want you to see it . well that put a super bad taste in the player base mouth one of the beginning stages of putting the game into the bad shape it is now .

@Oglaf.1074 said:

It would make it better, because you will know if your team mates are really able to raid instead about just lying about their gear and getting carried in the raid.

Toxic people will be toxic and salty under any circumstance. But I can see your point, there is a lot of salt already in general in raiding, pvp and wvw.

No. Elitists will use it to exclude people from groups. And even if you would or would not want to raid/dungeon/fractal/pvp with these people are not. You sometimes cannot control if they are in the group, or the group leader. Gear checking would be more likely to become an "acceptable" practice. So again. No.

@Sombra.3246 said:

Toxic people will be toxic and salty under any circumstance. But I can see your point, there is a lot of salt already in general in raiding, pvp and wvw.

I honestly find it more amusing watching someone die quickly in a raid than gear checking them. Makes it a more fun scene when your Commander loses his shit over it.

Sips tea

This was considered before, but anet opted against this because toxic societies can inspect people against their will. Sadly the argument of giving permission won’t work because then LFG will have lots of requests to inspect gear “can’t join this raid or fractal if you won’t let me inspect”.Lots of people will use the inspection tool as intended, but sadly, like any MMO gw2 has a large toxic playerbase that only want perfect parties, and will abuse this oppertunity at every corner

Archived