Time Gated Tickets, AFK pip farming, Dead Maps and dead match ups need to go for good.

hunkamania.7561

GET RID OF TIME GATED TICKETS

Why are the tickets time gated?! If people want to play wvw a ton they should get rewarded for it and i don't get why you're putting a cap on these tickets.

• Add more rewards and more skins. You have fans submitting art might as well put it to use and put these skins in the game because at the end of the day it's fashion wars 2.

BETTER PIP SYSTEM

The pip system isn't very well done. I think you should get pips for doing stuff(get pips for capping camps, towers, keeps and killing people) instead of participating. You're going to get more activity with this and less t3 structures with siege to deal with.

• 1 pip for capping t1 structures
  • 2 pips for t2 capping structures
  • 3 pips for t3 capping structures
  • 1 pip for killing a player.

Something along those lines and That will increase activity and eliminate the afk crap.

CURRENT SERVER SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING

I'm sorry but the server system as it is is not working well when you have a few dead maps during NA or EU prime with nothing to do on them. I think you're gonna have to look into something along the lines of mega servers to get the activity levels on all maps up. All the maps during PRIMETIME should have 3 way action and most the time you'll be lucky to get 2 servers with strong presence on the map(This has to do with servers being unbalanced). This makes the map and match up stale and stagnant. Guilds raid and have nothing to fight or do will most likely quit the game cause it's boring. Off hours is even worse when the few guilds that are left can only pvd and we all know that can only last for so long until they quit the game as well. Off hours needs to be mega servers for sure. Discord really helps with this as i'm sure most guilds and commanders have their own and can get the new players from other servers in comms with them ez pz.

Getting pips outside of the participation timer promotes abuse and farming specific activities. You’d have trade killing and those between servers taking turns on flipping camps and such. The existing method promotes actually playing WvW.

You also do not need a squad in order to build and maintain participation. Dead maps don’t really matter.

Your pip system wouldn't work. It just would promote karma trains, blobbing and ganking to get the most pips.

Why should I fight 1 hour to capture a t3 keep to get 3 pips, when I just could capture 6 t1 camps for 6 pips?And why should I defend anything when I only get pips for capturing something?

@Rhiannon.1726 said:Your pip system wouldn't work. It just would promote karma trains, blobbing and ganking to get the most pips.

Why should I fight 1 hour to capture a t3 keep to get 3 pips, when I just could capture 6 t1 camps for 6 pips?And why should I defend anything when I only get pips for capturing something?

It was an example that wouldn't be the exact amount of pips for capping and defending = kills = pips

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Getting pips outside of the participation timer promotes abuse and farming specific activities. You’d have trade killing and those between servers taking turns on flipping camps and such. The existing method promotes actually playing WvW.

You also do not need a squad in order to build and maintain participation. Dead maps don’t really matter.

Who's gonna kill trade? Are you kidding me? No one does that lol

With the current pip system i'm repairing a wall in smc while watching tv and getting pips for it lol i guess that's pretty active system.

Now instead of k training we have a bunch of T3 keeps and towers full of siege that no one wants to take so it kills all the fights. k training is a result of servers being unbalanced. Simple as that.

Dead maps dont matter?!!? then what's the point in having them if no1 wants to play on them aka the desert bl. It's a huge waste.

@hunkamania.7561 said:Who's gonna kill trade? Are you kidding me? No one does that lol

With the current pip system i'm repairing a wall in smc while watching tv and getting pips for it lol i guess that's pretty active system.

Now instead of k training we have a bunch of T3 keeps and towers full of siege that no one wants to take so it kills all the fights.

Dead maps dont matter?!!? then what's the point in having them if no1 wants to play on them aka the desert bl. It's a huge waste.

No1 does because it gives no advantages.Put something like your proposal and you will see ( though it's obvious that whenever there's the possibility to exploits, players will exploit ).

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:Who's gonna kill trade? Are you kidding me? No one does that lol

Now instead of k training we have a bunch of T3 keeps and towers full of siege that no one wants to take so it kills all the fights.

No1 does because it gives no advantages.Put something like your proposal and you will see ( though it's obvious that whenever there's the possibility to exploits, players will exploit ).

I'll tell you no good guilds or commanders will do that. If two groups did do that it would take extreme coordination and a third group could come in and farm them both because they would have nowhere to run or hide with OJ's popping on the map.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

I'll tell you no good guilds or commanders will do that. If two groups did do that it would take extreme coordination and a third group could come in and farm them both because they would have nowhere to run or hide with OJ's popping on the map.

Definitely not.Giving pips for each kills would be like farm spots and kkthxbb in few hours.

Now you can get around 6-10 per 5 min.Do your math and see how many pips could you get bytrading kills.Definitely more than 6-10 per 5 min.

ps: also currently guilds duel themselves in wvw skirmish selfmade battles, so yeah people do already this though they don't get pips.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@"Shirlias.8104" said:

ps: also currently guilds duel themselves in wvw skirmish selfmade battles, so yeah people do already this though they don't get pips.

It's called a fight and no one is throwing it. they're playing to beat the other group not "kill trading"

That does not mean others won’t. I seem to remember players doing just this years ago in OS although I can’t remember what spurred it. No reason not to think that players wouldn’t do something similar on the WvW maps to get pips.

Many PPl afk farm pips because they want the WvW gated rewards. Make all rewards available in all game modes and you already got rid of a huge amount of afk farmers in WvW.

Keep the overall pip system but add a "bonus boost participation" for capping or killing huge amounts of players in a short amount of time. This boost is only there for the next tick and gives up to 2-5 extra pips (depending on rank).

The truth is you can't design a reward system that 100% fits every playstyle on all servers for something like WvW. Every reward structure will benefit some players more than others and every QoL for the "normal" player can be abused by someone that plays outside of the norm.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@"Shirlias.8104" said:

It's called a fight and no one is throwing it. they're playing to beat the other group not "kill trading"

Are you genuinely naive or what else?Currently there's not a system like the one you propose, but the idea of factions trading kills ( given an exploitable system like the one you proposed ) is a real one.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Getting pips outside of the participation timer promotes abuse and farming specific activities. You’d have trade killing and those between servers taking turns on flipping camps and such. The existing method promotes actually playing WvW.

@"hunkamania.7561" said:Who's gonna kill trade? Are you kidding me? No one does that lol

Actually.

People do this to a much smaller degree to get quick participation.

Servers have done this in the past to "Lock in" tiers as well or to manipulate matches.

When EoTM was a thing some groups would also k train and kill trade for ranks.

People will do it.People will abuse it.

@Solori.6025 said:

@"hunkamania.7561" said:Who's gonna kill trade? Are you kidding me? No one does that lol

Actually.

Servers have done this in the past to "Lock in" tiers as well or to manipulate matches.

Didn't know that was already in use ( i tend to cap 1 camp and meanwhile kill a sentry and dolyaks which is also fast to get lvl 3 ).How do they set things up quickly?

While I don't agree with OP's proposals, I believe the WvW devs are way too paranoid about kill trading. sPvP has far better trading potential and it's not happening there, so giving more generous reward isn't a bad idea.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Actually.

Didn't know that was already in use ( i tend to cap 1 camp and meanwhile kill a sentry and dolyaks which is also fast to get lvl 3 ).How do they set things up quickly?

make friends on another server or multi-box.I think not to long ago someone posted a thread about someone botting in the desert BL kill trading with an alt account.

@Rennie.6750 said:

While I don't agree with OP's proposals, I believe the WvW devs are way too paranoid about kill trading. sPvP has far better trading potential and it's not happening there, so giving more generous reward isn't a bad idea.

I made a thread about giving more rewards at the end of completing diamond, to promote more people staying and being active inWvW even after completing the weekly box

Got shot down by a vocal minority because WvW doesnt need better rewards apparently

@Solori.6025 said:

I made a thread about giving more rewards at the end of completing diamond, to promote more people staying and being active inWvW even after completing the weekly box

Got shot down by a vocal minority because WvW doesnt need better rewards apparently

Well if better rewards are given, it should be outside of the pips system. It already takes forever to reach diamond unless you're rank 10000. Of course people aren't going to support such an idea, very few people reach diamond already.

@Rennie.6750 said:

Well if better rewards are given, it should be outside of the pips system. It already takes forever to reach diamond unless you're rank 10000. Of course people aren't going to support such an idea, very few people reach diamond already.

Well if you play WvW an hour a day then yes, you will never reach diamond lolI was reaching diamond at rank 700 0_oCurrently 1211 now, and I finished Diamond yesterdayDuring weekends I work I usually finish diamond by Wednesday.

It's doableWvW just needs to be the main thing you do.All the timeWhich was my target audienceBut I see what you're saying.

@Solori.6025 said:

Well if you play WvW an hour a day then yes, you will never reach diamond lolI was reaching diamond at rank 700 0_oCurrently 1211 now, and I finished Diamond yesterdayDuring weekends I work I usually finish diamond by Wednesday.

It's doableWvW just needs to be the main thing you do.All the timeWhich was my target audienceBut I see what you're saying.

Look I play WvW at least 5 days a week for 2-3h and if I reach mithril I'm happy already. It's doable to get diamond in less time but then you need to abuse the outnumbered buff and it's not really fun. Yes I've done it in the past and that's how I got to diamond. Under normal circumstances it takes about 25-30h though, which is nearly a full time job in most countries. Clearly that's too much. Adding rewards past that will not do any good to WvW, few people have that much free time.

@Rennie.6750 said:

Look I play WvW at least 5 days a week for 2-3h and if I reach mithril I'm happy already. It's doable to get diamond in less time but then you need to abuse the outnumbered buff and it's not really fun. Yes I've done it in the past and that's how I got to diamond. Under normal circumstances it takes about 25-30h though, which is nearly a full time job in most countries. Clearly that's too much. Adding rewards past that will not do any good to WvW, few people have that much free time.

24-25h iirc to reach diamond and I play a lot more during the day.It's odd you compare the hours played to a job.I don't see it as a job, it's fun to me.Roaming with 2-3 people flipping camps and towers, or harrassing zergs, or doing prep work for a zerg that wants to siege a keep.Thats fun to me, outnumbered or not.People spend ( or can spend) up to 5-6 hours a day in game. It's a lifestyle choice, or maybe some of us can afford the free time.But that is the point.As you get higher rank 2-3h a day spread out over 5 days will make getting to diamond easier, because of the extra pips per rank.Commanding a group makes it even faster.You just have to keep playing.But when you are able to hit diamond consistently, which most veterans who have been playing since day 1 can doIt would be nice to be afforded some extra monetary item for continuing to support the game mode.But that is a different animal altogether.

I can get diamond done on 3 accounts each week, and that's not considering the outmanned buff. Two of those accounts are bronze, one isn't even bronze yet. The point of the pips, and the reward system, is to reward people that play wvw as their game mode. I don't pvp, I don't raid, I don't do fractals, and I only pve when the wife and I coordinate the time and new content is out (and the toddler cooperates).

The system we have now isn't bad at all.The rewards could use improvement (like grandmaster marks in diamond chests like pvp).The drops could be better. People in fractals get multiple ascended items per day - armor, weps, accessories, I have gotten a total of 1 armor and 2 weapons since launch and a handful of useless stat rings.Rewarding pips per kill or structure is just going to get exploited and not needed.I don't think Anet intends everyone to finish diamond every week, but the players (like myself) that this is the only thing we do in game, can get it done.

@Ubi.4136 said:I can get diamond done on 3 accounts each week, and that's not considering the outmanned buff. Two of those accounts are bronze, one isn't even bronze yet. The point of the pips, and the reward system, is to reward people that play wvw as their game mode. I don't pvp, I don't raid, I don't do fractals, and I only pve when the wife and I coordinate the time and new content is out (and the toddler cooperates).Without Outnumbered, that's between 47 and 78 hours a week. That's some dedication!

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:I can get diamond done on 3 accounts each week, and that's not considering the outmanned buff. Two of those accounts are bronze, one isn't even bronze yet. The point of the pips, and the reward system, is to reward people that play wvw as their game mode. I don't pvp, I don't raid, I don't do fractals, and I only pve when the wife and I coordinate the time and new content is out (and the toddler cooperates).Without Outnumbered, that's between 47 and 78 hours a week. That's some dedication!

Actually 2days ago i started a run of 24 hours of WvW and got from diamond and then 3x full repeat diamond, plus gain about 35 ranks on one char.

If you keep the tick at T6 it goes rather fast. Of course having outnumbered and not quitting but playing on and dying often is also key to that. Don't stop just because there is 6 of you and 2 zergs of the others, do your best and keep the tick at T6.

Archived