What content would benefit our community both new players and vets?

Hey everyone,

Recently in life I have found that I have a lot of free time after work, and want to fill it with doing something that would benefit people that are passionate about something that I also am. That thing being Guild Wars 2.

I am a web developer by trade, but have a good amount of experience doing video editing, audio recording, and graphics as well.

Is there any content that both new and veteran players seem to think their is a lack of? What could I make content wise for you guys?

Google Form Link

you will have to get ahold of anet to get it approved first and you really should look at the current content makers on you tube and see how much content they made in the last month . that will tell you a lot as well as also tell you that this broken 5 year old game . their is not any thing new that can be done or add to it to make it more better

the game is far more better off with any new add ons or other wise . not sure how long it last even given the game has been out since 2012

Why would he have to get his own content approved by anet? You can make a video saying anything you want with no approval from anyone.

On topic, people will watch anything as long as it's entertaining or useful. Wooden Potatoes makes hour long videos just discussing his thoughts on the game.

@Fluffball.8307 said:Why would he have to get his own content approved by anet? You can make a video saying anything you want with no approval from anyone.

On topic, people will watch anything as long as it's entertaining or useful. Wooden Potatoes makes hour long videos just discussing his thoughts on the game.

Yea I am compiling a short list, but wanted to ask the community just in case there is something that I might have overlooked or has been asked for but creators haven't gotten around to yet.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

@Fluffball.8307 said:Why would he have to get his own content approved by anet? You can make a video saying anything you want with no approval from anyone.

Yea I am compiling a short list, but wanted to ask the community just in case there is something that I might have overlooked or has been asked for but creators haven't gotten around to yet.

he might want to be like all the other you tube content makers like peachy and potatoes mighty tea pot and inks for one !!

second the only thing i can think of at all video wise that has not ever been done or covered at all is how the game is not optimized or hardware supportin other words their is no hard ware videos at all for guild wars 2 !!

other wise the current content makers have covered every thing old and new that comes out honestly . and this is coming from a vet mind you so even tho the game is 5 years old already !! the only one video no one seams to want to do or even talk about at all is hard ware and software for the game . other wise it is all just a repeated video

As a veteran I really enjoyed a few streamers who started fresh and took the viewers on the path. The reason is that something I can not re live is my first experience with aspects of the game. Like my first behemoth kill. Watching it through their eyes bring back those memories. On the same time it help new players and potential players a lot to meet the game for the first time.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:As a veteran I really enjoyed a few streamers who started fresh and took the viewers on the path. The reason is that something I can not re live is my first experience with aspects of the game. Like my first behemoth kill. Watching it through their eyes bring back those memories. On the same time it help new players and potential players a lot to meet the game for the first time.

I kind of like that idea. Taking players through the game for the first time. Thanks!

A really high quality Let's Play can be amazing. I'd save it on youtube or something so if it's good, people can watch it at their leisure. This depends pretty heavily on your personality not sucking though. =)

For me personally, viewers joining in on a Let's Play ESPECIALLY if it's a new player doing the series, always ruin it. I like to see someone just experience the game. If you're a vet, you might want to do some super insanely crazy variant if you did a Let's Play.

@Fluffball.8307 said:A really high quality Let's Play can be amazing. I'd save it on youtube or something so if it's good, people can watch it at their leisure. This depends pretty heavily on your personality not sucking though. =)

For me personally, viewers joining in on a Let's Play ESPECIALLY if it's a new player doing the series, always ruin it. I like to see someone just experience the game.

I like to think I have a fun personality. My nieces and nephews call me a fun uncle!

@"omgdracula.6345" said:Hey everyone,

Recently in life I have found that I have a lot of free time after work, and want to fill it with doing something that would benefit people that are passionate about something that I also am. That thing being Guild Wars 2.

I am a web developer by trade, but have a good amount of experience doing video editing, audio recording, and graphics as well.

Is there any content that both new and veteran players seem to think their is a lack of? What could I make content wise for you guys?

Google Form Link

You can try make a web page related to the Guild Wars wars. There you can split in page in different times of the story and link from youtube videos made by others about the lore. Maybe even some pdf (written story) for download, pictures etc.

An API linked site or app that allow players to add RP details for each of their Characters, creating profiles or files about them, with the possibility to share all with other people. Like a character stories repository, specially designed to distinguish the specific, personalized character, from the general "Commander" we all know.

Even a basic Character Sheet would do wonders for immersion and RP sake (and for altoholics management): Name, Racial feature (School, God, Legion, etc), Profession, Order, Age, Likes/don't Likes, Allies and relatives, Specialties, Weapon of Choice, Personality, Basic story, etc.

@"Ardid.7203" said:An API linked site or app that allow players to add RP details for each of their Characters, creating profiles or files about them, with the possibility to share all with other people. Like a character stories repository, specially designed to distinguish the specific, personalized character, from the general "Commander" we all know.

Even a basic Character Sheet would do wonders for immersion and RP sake (and for altoholics management): Name, Racial feature (School, God, Legion, etc), Profession, Order, Age, Likes/don't Likes, Allies and relatives, Specialties, Weapon of Choice, Personality, Basic story, etc.

This sounds pretty interesting, and I would be more than happy to help out the RP community!

@Daniel.5428 said:

@"omgdracula.6345" said:Hey everyone,

You can try make a web page related to the Guild Wars wars. There you can split in page in different times of the story and link from youtube videos made by others about the lore. Maybe even some pdf (written story) for download, pictures etc.

So kind of like a time line page doing an overview of the lore? That is super doable!

@omgdracula.6345 said:

@omgdracula.6345 said:Hey everyone,

So kind of like a time line page doing an overview of the lore? That is super doable!

Yes, I meant a web page about Guild Wars lore. But from a strange reason, my brain froze and I wrote Wars 2 times :astonished:

@Daniel.5428 said:

@omgdracula.6345 said:Hey everyone,

Yes, I meant a web page about Guild Wars lore. But from a strange reason, my brain froze and I wrote Wars 2 times :astonished:

All good! Just wanted to clarify! I think this would be a good start so I will probably hit you up for help! Thanks again!

Archived