Twilight Arbor Aeatherpaths of Fire

The paths of fire segment (get the oozes to the gears) is RIDICULOUSLY difficult with all but the most organized groups. The time window is so small and the number of lava elementals so many that this can easily take 2-3 times as long as the entire rest of the dungeon COMBINED. This needs to be adjusted. Just lower the spawn rate on the eles and raise the time window between oozes and it would be fine, nothing that requires fancy programming or refactoring.

The mechanic is one of the easier puzzles in the game. It is difficult for people who handle it via brute force, but it's not that hard to handle it properly.

• The lures need to start together. If you get out of sync, then exit the room and restart rather than keep going. (Newer groups should do this more often; experienced groups can often recover).
  • The non-lure needs to (a) not use cleave damage and (b) use crowd-control and reflects to diminish most of the threat from the slugs.
  • Lures need to pay attention to pathing; they can't cut corners (because then their oil-bearing NPC will also cut corners).

It's easier with voice coordination (a lot easier). For groups without voice, it will sometimes make more sense to put the fifth person on coordination duty, i.e. keeping track of progress and communicating it to the two teams.

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:The paths of fire segment (get the oozes to the gears) is RIDICULOUSLY difficult with all but the most organized groups.It's not ridiculously difficult nor does your team need to be the "most organized."

The time window is so small and the number of lava elementals so many that this can easily take 2-3 times as long as the entire rest of the dungeon COMBINED.There are all sorts of things that take huge amounts of time if done poorly.

This needs to be adjusted.It really doesn't need to be adjusted. You'd like it to be and you're not alone, but that doesn't mean it's good for the game to do so.

I don't mean to suggest that it's trivial for PUGs to go from no experience to smooth sailing on this one. But it uses techniques that the team will need later in the same dungeon path. (Luring, coordinating separate functions, communicating progress.)

I'm not against ANet tweaking it. But neither do I think it's needed for the dungeon. If ANet was going to spend resources to change anything in dungeons, this would be near the bottom of my list. (For example, I'd rather see a few more waypoints in Arah.)

It's one of those mechanics that once you do it correctly it's fine every time, however the first time with all pugs it took a LONG time, I think all up to complete that path it took 2 hours - I only did it for the achieve. It's definitely not pug friendly, that's why people farming blossoms rarely will do that path. I like the last fight, it's simple but unforgiving.

There is an absurdly easy way to complete it that anyone who runs it regularly will know. I honestly can't remember it off the top of my head, but it will be painfully obvious once someone shows it to you. Has nothing to do with leading oozes down both paths, I think one person lead both oozes down a single path or something. Been a loooong time since I've run that dungeon.

@"Fluffball.8307" said:There is an absurdly easy way to complete it that anyone who runs it regularly will know. I honestly can't remember it off the top of my head, but it will be painfully obvious once someone shows it to you. Has nothing to do with leading oozes down both paths, I think one person lead both oozes down a single path or something. Been a loooong time since I've run that dungeon.

Oh? I'll ask around about that. That sounds easier than trying to do it the "proper" way (which still isn't that hard, but it's easier to coordinate one person).

Funny I happened to join a pug exactly at this point in their run... yesterday (though earlier in the day compared to this post's time of submission).

As soon as I got there, we got it done. Everyone was like "FINALLY JFC THIS WAS SO HARD" - it really isn't.

Later they struggled in the electric room because following the simple instruction of having 4 stand in the platforms while I lured is too hard as well (they would often get down, and join someone else's platform for absolutely no reason - this part took 10 minutes).

So no, anecdotal evidence aside, this doesn't need any changes lol.

@"Razor.6392" said:Funny I happened to join a pug exactly at this point in their run... yesterday (though earlier in the day compared to this post's time of submission).

As soon as I got there, we got it done. Everyone was like "FINALLY JFC THIS WAS SO HARD" - it really isn't.

Later they struggled in the electric room because following the simple instruction of having 4 stand in the platforms while I lured is too hard as well (they would often get down, and join someone else's platform for absolutely no reason - this part took 10 minutes).

So no, anecdotal evidence aside, this doesn't need any changes lol.

Same here, been ages since the last time I did it. (for ytd's TA daily? :wink:)

Swapping to reflect skills will help in luring the oozes event.

Interesting fact for the electric platform section, altho it may look random panels getting electrified, its not. If you move the camera angle to a bird's eye view(looking from above) you will find it interesting to see the entire room is actually a HUGE Tetris game :smiley:.

Archived