Build and Condi- or Powerquestion for Open PvE

Brashka.6304

Hello together,

at first - sry for my bad english - i try my best!I`m new in this game and after reading and searching a lot in this forum - trying some classes, i have found my class -> Revenant!

My interest`s are in Open PvE (Hearts, Heropoints, Events and Farming for professions in this Game (Basegame, HoT, PoF)) - Dungeons, Fractale and Raids can be come in the future, but not yet. Mostly of the gametime i am solo or randomgroups for events.

Mostly their are Builds for Endcontent in this Forum, but this is not what i am searching for. I search for a build for my interest`s above. I have "turned off" the Herold-Specc and i am running now with a Herold-build (Power) with Sword and Shield (for range i have a 2-H-Hammer). My Equip is Power based, for Condi my professoins are too low and i heard it was expensive to go for Condi.

My question: Is a Herold-Build (Power) ok for this stuff or is the Renegade (Condi) better. For Renegade i have not the heropoints yet! ;-) And can someone with expertise help me with build - rotation - equip (pure Power (Glassscanon) or mixed - some more hp/toughness - sry, i am not the youngest any more ;-) so my reactions are not so good, when i was 18 for 30 years)!?

I hope someone can help me and thx a lot in advance!

@ArthurDent.9538 said:If you are doing open world casual stuff, then power is great, and better than condi a lot of time due to faster burst dps and better swiftness access with herald over renegade. Regardless, try different things out, open world is easy enough that anything can work, just do what is most fun.

Is permanent Swiftness relevant anymore in open world PVE? I see mounts to have largely alleviated the need, or at least quality of life improvements, of effects like Swiftness and profession-specific movement speed boosts.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:If you are doing open world casual stuff, then power is great, and better than condi a lot of time due to faster burst dps and better swiftness access with herald over renegade. Regardless, try different things out, open world is easy enough that anything can work, just do what is most fun.

Is permanent Swiftness relevant anymore in open world PVE? I see mounts to have largely alleviated the need, or at least quality of life improvements, of effects like Swiftness and profession-specific movement speed boosts.

Can't use a mount when stuck in combat.

@"Zilvereen.2091" said:Power is trash. If you are interested in PvE , you have to go Condi. You can find usefull builds herehttps://metabattle.comhttps://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/

Please ... just stop this nonsense. You obviously didn't even read his post. He's asking about OPEN WORLD content. Meta builds for raids and fractals are NOT relevant for that. Stop trying to push meta onto new players that don't know better.

@Brashka.6304 said:

My question: Is a Herold-Build (Power) ok for this stuff or is the Renegade (Condi) better.

It's probably the best for OW right now. The problem with condi builds is that they take time to build their conditions and apply damage ... in that time you would have the mob dead in a power build because most of your encounters are trash mobs. So even if Condi builds can do more damage over time, the mobs you fight don't last that long to see that damage anyways.

I think the real issue for OW builds is how often you can apply a damage burst to clear a trash mob or even a group of them. Herald has pretty constant damage because it will be best to camp your might and fury facets, no bursting there.

Archived