New current event!

Fenom.9457

We had some waves of awakened in Queensdale, event ended with a champ.It doesn't scale so well, the entire event lasted 4 minutes over multiple locations. So be quick :)Wave icons show on your map regardless of proximity.Metrica was next, same deal.Next up is Wayfarer (then Caledon, then Ashford).Events start at XX:30Character gets a letter after changing map to talk to Merchant Ninn in their home instance.She'll need 50 mithril ingots, 3 charged quartz crystals (75 quartz crystals at any 'magically dense location'), a resonance tuner (coordinator Glaxx, Brisban Wildlands at Ulta Metamagicals), an etheric tank (Portalist Danka, Timberline Falls at Valance Tutory) and a gate alchemeter (Gate Operator Stebben at Ebonhawke) to make a portal scanner.

From Dulfy:

The events seems to rotate between maps in this sequence:Metrica Province –> Caldeon Forest –> Queensdale –> Gendarran Fields –> Plains of Ashford –> Wayfarer Foothills.

And yeah, you DO need to be fast, as the mobs don't seem to scale well, and even the "Champions" seem to die quick, leaving many players unable to even get a tag it.

@"Endless Soul.5178" said:From Dulfy:

The events seems to rotate between maps in this sequence:Metrica Province –> Caldeon Forest –> Queensdale –> Gendarran Fields –> Plains of Ashford –> Wayfarer Foothills.

And yeah, you DO need to be fast, as the mobs don't seem to scale well, and even the "Champions" seem to die quick, leaving many players unable to even get a tag itYeah the events are cleared so fast by big high lvl player groups i can like tag/participate only in like 2 of them, so the portal breaker achieve currently seems like impossible.

The stuff needs to beefed/ every single event made much longer for people to have fair chance to tag them.

people which shoudl be able to count 1+1 togwether - should have by now more clues..

isn't it obvious by now, that Living World Season 4 and the raids that will be connected aroudn it again, will have "dead surely" (pun intended) to do with Dhuum, and THE UNDERWORLD and its various realms, especially also due ti Nightfall / Elona being from begin on alwas heavily tied to the underworlds, and its realm of darkness (shadows) and demons... ANet killed as part of the story our characters, just to bring us back from the deads, before our souls would have been brought to the underworld, we stood practically at the edge between this mortal world and our afterlife.

That now the undeads (coudld be also a reference to Palawa Joko) are again for once out of contriol or play again a role in GW2, coukld be also just a sign of the return of joko, him breaking out like we did from the underworld where we left him be, after we returned back to life.

I think its just a matter of time and logical, that due to us beign for a whiole now back in Elona, that we will most likely return sooner or later over the course of the Livign World Season, maybe this Season, maybe next season - back to the Realm of Torment (I hope so, i want to see the return of the Margonites somehow :D, some of the most awesome deisgned enemiies the GW franchise had, especilly this type - https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:%22Margonite%22_concept_art_1.jpg)

i still believe also in the return of Abaddon, it would make of for an awesome living story season, if he could somehow return and could eventually turn up as becoming the new god of war perhaps, now that Balthazar isn't anymore with him rivaling against Dhuum for power, but this time helping us, so that we can defeat Joko and bring him back sealed awaya into the underworld as part of his atonement for his sins of the past, havign used pretty well the last 250 years to think over, as the other gods freeing him, after Kralkatorrik gets defeated, to ensure that with his help gets Tyria stabilized and Aurene trained to become able to handle more magic, so that she gets enough significant growth spurt (becomes double as big than right now and can be used from then on on living story content from that point on as mount), so that Aurene will become one day able, should the last elder dragon ever fall, to take over the role as eternal magic balance of Tyria - but for this to make happen, Tyria needs the help of Abaddon and his secret wisdom and knowledge about Magic, which only he has.Even before Season 4 was there already a feeable strogner presennce of Abaddon becoming again more important and playing a role in the game again ,with Siren's landing.

Tyria needs to regain its balance of th past. Humans need to get back a God of War as well, one which they can trust again.So my bet for GW2s future is, that we will go explore relatively soon surely more of the underworld again and its various realms like the Realm of Torment, that we go returnign to this place, but out of which reason is naturally completely unclear to me.

But shoudl i be right with this assumption, then i woudl find it awesome.. i#d lovce to know, how these places look now 250 years later, how these places may have changed eventually also as well over time and it would give GW2 back greatly some nostalgia, if we can explore those locations somewhen also again as part of the living story.

@"Orpheal.8263" said:people which shoudl be able to count 1+1 togwether - should have by now more clues..

isn't it obvious by now, that Living World Season 4 and the raids that will be connected aroudn it again, will have "dead surely" (pun intended) to do with Dhuum, and THE UNDERWORLD and its various realms, especially also due ti Nightfall / Elona being from begin on alwas heavily tied to the underworlds, and its realm of darkness (shadows) and demons... ANet killed as part of the story our characters, just to bring us back from the deads, before our souls would have been brought to the underworld, we stood practically at the edge between this mortal world and our afterlife.

That now the undeads (coudld be also a reference to Palawa Joko) are again for once out of contriol or play again a role in GW2, coukld be also just a sign of the return of joko, him breaking out like we did from the underworld where we left him be, after we returned back to life.

I think its just a matter of time and logical, that due to us beign for a whiole now back in Elona, that we will most likely return sooner or later over the course of the Livign World Season, maybe this Season, maybe next season - back to the Realm of Torment (I hope so, i want to see the return of the Margonites somehow :D, some of the most awesome deisgned enemiies the GW franchise had, especilly this type - https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:%22Margonite%22_concept_art_1.jpg)

i still believe also in the return of Abaddon, it would make of for an awesome living story season, if he could somehow return and could eventually turn up as becoming the new god of war perhaps, now that Balthazar isn't anymore with him rivaling against Dhuum for power, but this time helping us, so that we can defeat Joko and bring him back sealed awaya into the underworld as part of his atonement for his sins of the past, havign used pretty well the last 250 years to think over, as the other gods freeing him, after Kralkatorrik gets defeated, to ensure that with his help gets Tyria stabilized and Aurene trained to become able to handle more magic, so that she gets enough significant growth spurt (becomes double as big than right now and can be used from then on on living story content from that point on as mount), so that Aurene will become one day able, should the last elder dragon ever fall, to take over the role as eternal magic balance of Tyria - but for this to make happen, Tyria needs the help of Abaddon and his secret wisdom and knowledge about Magic, which only he has.Even before Season 4 was there already a feeable strogner presennce of Abaddon becoming again more important and playing a role in the game again ,with Siren's landing.

Tyria needs to regain its balance of th past. Humans need to get back a God of War as well, one which they can trust again.So my bet for GW2s future is, that we will go explore relatively soon surely more of the underworld again and its various realms like the Realm of Torment, that we go returnign to this place, but out of which reason is naturally completely unclear to me.

But shoudl i be right with this assumption, then i woudl find it awesome.. i#d lovce to know, how these places look now 250 years later, how these places may have changed eventually also as well over time and it would give GW2 back greatly some nostalgia, if we can explore those locations somewhen also again as part of the living story.

Not sure about it being abaddon, but maybe an ancient god we didn't know yet show up to kinda play the role you're talking about

I did the new event 3 times. Metrica Porv. Caledon Forrest, and Queensdale. Killed Champs each time as well as multiple mobs. Did NOT get credit or achievement. Did NOT get email from Ninn. Did on 2 different characters. Both level 80 with Ascended armor and weapons. Many other people each time complaining about not getting credit after multiple attempts.

I have had a similar experience.I did the one in Queensdale and got credit.Did the one in Metrica and got nothing, and from the chat box many if not all got no credit.Another thing. I got everything Ninn wanted for portal scanner. However when I gave Ninn the stuff, Ninn took it but I got no portal scanner. Is this some kind of time gated thing. I seen some mention of this, but when talking to Ninn, Ninn makes no mention of it.

@Tom.6478 said:I have had a similar experience.I did the one in Queensdale and got credit.Did the one in Metrica and got nothing, and from the chat box many if not all got no credit.Another thing. I got everything Ninn wanted for portal scanner. However when I gave Ninn the stuff, Ninn took it but I got no portal scanner. Is this some kind of time gated thing. I seen some mention of this, but when talking to Ninn, Ninn makes no mention of it.

She said she needed a day to complete the scanner, saw on dulfy that engineers and asuras seem to be able to get scanner right away tho.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Tom.6478 said:I have had a similar experience.I did the one in Queensdale and got credit.Did the one in Metrica and got nothing, and from the chat box many if not all got no credit.Another thing. I got everything Ninn wanted for portal scanner. However when I gave Ninn the stuff, Ninn took it but I got no portal scanner. Is this some kind of time gated thing. I seen some mention of this, but when talking to Ninn, Ninn makes no mention of it.

She said she needed a day to complete the scanner, saw on dulfy that engineers and asuras seem to be able to get scanner right away tho.

Oh? How interesting. I'll have to hop on my asuran engineer after work today and see if she can acquire it...if I can get her to put down her holosmith lightsaber long enough. ;)

I rather like this idea. It reminds me of Scarlet's invasions back in the day. Remember newer players reacting to those? A huge honking world announcement about an invasion followed by a couple of hundred players stampeding past... :D

@DarcShriek.5829 said:Seems to be broken . I've participated in Queensdale and Caledon and have not received any credit.

I've also participated in 3-5 events at 5 separate times, from start-to-finish, and still haven't received credit for the event or the email to trigger the scanner assembly quest. I'm getting champ bag drops, so I know I'm hitting them. But no achievement or email.

@Linken.6345 said:

Found out last night if you have already done it and happen to go into a friend's homes instance while they are turning in their items (in this case an Asura) a mote of friendship appears. Interacting with the mote I was able to speed up the construction and received my scanner.

Archived