What happened to palawadan?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"fixit.7189" said:And now Istan becomes a ghost town: SW rewards are considerably more which is sad. God I am SICK of SW, please add a PoF meta map to farm THANKS.

If you always go for "best loot" instead of "most fun", it is natural that you're not enjoying yourself. If the newest content always had the best loot, content patches would in fact leave a trail of dead and empty maps behind. Sure SW is the best loot/time ration but other maps are good as well and change things up. Again. you're responsible for how much you enjoy the game. If you don't enjoy the game, quit or have a break.

@"artemis.6781" said:I'm guessing all the crying in map chat means no more multi loot. I'm surprised they let it go this long. So it shouldn't be a surprise.

They changed it just over a month ago actually. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/294855/#Comment_294855

Supply chests in the Mordant Crescent Great Hall meta-event can no longer be looted without first participating in the event.

It's possible the patch today included another change that wasn't in the notes. No idea. I haven't spent much time in that map. (don't really care much for it)

Can someone tell me how "Dead" or how much of a "Ghost Town" it is now?Haven't been back there after the 2nd or 3rd day as I just don't like the map as I found it quite boring.

I'm one that don't go farming in maps unless I need the material to craft and rather go to maps I enjoy/have fun in.I like some maps to name some examples like Frostgorge, Queensdale, Gengaran Fields, Crystal Oasis, half of Vabbi, etc.Same for liking Living World maps like Lake Doric (which is horrible for any farm that isn't leather), Bitterfrost, Siren's Landing, and Ember Bay. Hate the others as I don't like multi layered maps. I just don't like them. Hate them. Auric did it right though.

Oh yeah, I like Auric too, but once again the tops were examples.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

@"artemis.6781" said:I'm guessing all the crying in map chat means no more multi loot. I'm surprised they let it go this long. So it shouldn't be a surprise.

They changed it just over a month ago actually.

Supply chests in the Mordant Crescent Great Hall meta-event can no longer be looted without first participating in the event.

That was the Sunspear Great Hall event. This thread is about Palawadan event.

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Can someone tell me how "Dead" or how much of a "Ghost Town" it is now?Haven't been back there after the 2nd or 3rd day as I just don't like the map as I found it quite boring.

I'm one that don't go farming in maps unless I need the material to craft and rather go to maps I enjoy/have fun in.I like some maps to name some examples like Frostgorge, Queensdale, Gengaran Fields, Crystal Oasis, half of Vabbi, etc.Same for liking Living World maps like Lake Doric (which is horrible for any farm that isn't leather), Bitterfrost, Siren's Landing, and Ember Bay. Hate the others as I don't like multi layered maps. I just don't like them. Hate them. Auric did it right though.

Oh yeah, I like Auric too, but once again the tops were examples.

finished 2 times and 1 time had to leave because we had around 15 ppl and it went very slowly. both times we finished squad wasnt full, i quess both times there were only 1 palawadan squad because lfg was empty. GH is dead, ppl left after palawadan and we couldnt finish

@Astralporing.1957 said:

They changed it just over a month ago actually.

That was the Sunspear Great Hall event. This thread is about Palawadan event.

Did you intentionally leave out the last part of my post?

It's possible the patch today included another change that wasn't in the notes. No idea. I haven't spent much time in that map. (don't really care much for it)

I was aware the patch I mentioned had to do only with the great hall. The player I was responding to mentioned "multi-loot", which is what that previous patch fixed.

That's why I said "another change that wasn't in the patch notes", meaning they could have nerfed something else in the map without telling the players, such as further changes to prevent multi-loot. I guess I could have been a bit clearer on that part.

The champs in both GH and palawa still make it a viable and profitable run. So many of the players can't run their alts through,no big loss. There do seem to be a few less chests than before though. It's easy magic and T6 mats so I'll stay farming it. And there are still full maps@event time.

@Tasida.4085 said:The champs in both GH and palawa still make it a viable and profitable run. So many of the players can't run their alts through,no big loss. There do seem to be a few less chests than before though. It's easy magic and T6 mats so I'll stay farming it. And there are still full maps@event time.

Also a lot of karma if you bought the buff.

@Tasida.4085 said:The champs in both GH and palawa still make it a viable and profitable run. So many of the players can't run their alts through,no big loss. There do seem to be a few less chests than before though. It's easy magic and T6 mats so I'll stay farming it. And there are still full maps@event time.

Our instance an hour ago was empty. We got as far as getting 1/3 boats before we failed and had to escape. There were no other advertised raids up at the time. It's still really fun, just sorry the Gordon Gekkos all had to leave.

Your title and topic are mismatched.On the title, nothing, palawadan is still going strong.On your topic, we’ve got a new set of current events with achievements. And yes, the gem store will always get more updates because its the primary source of income.

If you’re experiencing difficulty in Palawadan its probably because people are focussed on the current event now

@Substance E.4852 said:

@fixit.7189 said:And now Istan becomes a ghost town: SW rewards are considerably more which is sad. God I am SICK of SW, please add a PoF meta map to farm THANKS.

This mentality is why the game has dropped in quality over the years.

I'm not sure I understand. Map metas like HoT had are a lot more fun than the RIBA/chest farm in SW for many of us. Is there something wrong with wanting map metas that have competitive rewards with similar content? HoT-style map metas also have the advantage of being un-farmable due to being on a set timer. You can participate in the TD meta and then bounce over to AB and do that meta. But you can't just sit there all day and repeatedly do the same one over and over. I prefer that to the SW meta and the lack-of-a-meta in PoF!

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@fixit.7189 said:And now Istan becomes a ghost town: SW rewards are considerably more which is sad. God I am SICK of SW, please add a PoF meta map to farm THANKS.

This mentality is why the game has dropped in quality over the years.

I'm not sure I understand. Map metas like HoT had are a lot more fun than the RIBA/chest farm in SW for many of us. Is there something wrong with wanting map metas that have competitive rewards with similar content? HoT-style map metas also have the advantage of being un-farmable due to being on a set timer. You can participate in the TD meta and then bounce over to AB and do that meta. But you can't just sit there all day and repeatedly do the same one over and over. I prefer that to the SW meta and the lack-of-a-meta in PoF!

Because people don't want content that requires thought or effort.

They want mindless drone farm content where they can zerg down a target and get maximum rewards with virtually no personal effort or responsibility.

There was nothing wrong with PoF maps and they were well designed (Vabbi feels unfinished, but still). The reason people felt bemused with them was because there wasn't any loot fire hose events they could do while watching Netlfix on their second monitor.

Focusing on pleasing these people leads to the game's degradation. These people don't want engaging content and., in my experience, are the one's most happy with shoveling tripple digit dollar amounts into the gem store each month.

They don't play the game for any kind of challenge or interaction, they do it because they need something to kill time with and something to spend money on.

It's not hard to see why the population seems to keep dipping and why Anet is increasingly relying on mobile/kmmo style monetization to keep profits up.

Archived