[BUG] LFG & Contacts Bugged after 1/9/18 Patch

The Friends, Followers and Blocked lists are all bugged in LFG & Contacts.

Pre-patch, I'd open LFG and I would automatically see all the people in my Friends list that are online AT THE TOP.Post-patch, it's showing nothing but off-line people at the top. If I double click the Name column, some of the online users show up at the top of the list (like 5). Then when I scroll from top/down, some of the online users disappear and others appear - weird. :astonished:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ArenaNet Staff

Ben provided some more information: What you're noting appears to be part of a bug related to the Contacts view. That bug will be addressed as soon as possible. Thanks for letting us know, and for your patience while we get it nailed down. :)

If indeed this is a different bug, we appreciate knowing and will get that onto the list, too.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I passed this along. The team currently is working on a crash bug, and I have a sneaky suspicion what you've noted is part of the same issue. In any case, thanks for the report!

I noticed the bug as well and a friend helped me test it just now as it is still happening to me AND him after he did what I did and here is the information:

3ngZ7CSL99b5.jpg

@"LunarStrikes.2753" said:I won't crash anymore, but friendslist isn't sorted as it used to previously. I can sort it fine, but it goes back to random every time I re-open the window. Also when i try to edit a Nickname, when I right click the person I wanna edit, it actually edits someone else's name.

Still crashing for me when I searched for a particular guild mate that was listed by account name only in my friends list. I wanted to update his name to what I know him as. That is when it crashes me to the desktop. Did that only just 15 min ago. So yes it is still happening but not with ALL names, only certain ones.

My guild mate who looked into the issue (the screenshot is in the previous post before this one) but here is it in typed form (I retyped it for this post):

Sir Tacoman Said, "Basically when you are hitting to set nickname it's crashing because it's looking below its location. Seems like it's some sort of addition error because 1 goes to 5, 2 goes to 9 and 3 goes to 15..."

From what he is telling me, some contacts on the list will, because of the "addition error" as he called it, will try to go to a contact name that does not exist:Sir Tacoman Said, "like this means 20 would go to like 100"

My contact list is not (yet) that long...

I haven't seen the crash after the fix, but the sorting is all kinds of messed up still as pointed out. Even clicking name twice then hitting the online sort doesn't always seem to show everyone, I began also hitting location after name twice, then finally clicking online. Additionally, upon adding someone to list, they don't show up for a while. I have not tried changing/adding a nickname.

Archived