wvw EWP need more time

Keviin Snow.5760

I agree that EWP needs change.

At present, it is standard practice for attackers to stand under it and bomb potential defenders as they port in - negating the potential for interesting battles and making the game less fun for both sides.

Perhaps if they could not see the enemy Emergency Waypoint on the map, or if, as the OP suggests, the duration is longer then they won't be as willing to adopt the tactic?

The EWP lasts for 1 minute. That is more than enough to go in unless you own the most potatoe of machines. I am gainst a longer duration which might allow people to teleport in twice or even thrice. They should remain a kind of one time emergency teleport that you have to time well.Would prefer if they allowed the owning guild to pick the location freely or at least to choose from multiple preset locations as far as teleport camping is concerned. If any major reworks actually ever happen.

1. EWP should automatically be linked in chat with a waypoint, less time lost is better in general instead of having to fumble over keys under pressure or while fighting (but also people should learn not to pull when inner is down or when enemies are standing on it lol).
  2. People who click on EWP wp should be flagged as such, and should qualify to be ported regardless.
  3. People who port in should be ported in around lords location, if #2 is a problem about porting in during the ending of duration, then those being ported should be sequentially ported further away, with the starting point being somewhere maybe outside of inner, then outside of outer walls, closest camp, etc. Just don't send them to spawn.

Overall I think this will still provide something more interesting for both sides involved.

I understand that some people may not like this idea, but let's not stay with something broken and try to get something that can actually function. EWP is like a death knell for objectives most of the time.

Has anyone considered...

Why the EWP isnt an Emergency Airship?

What, it would solve pretty much all the issues and fit other guild upgrades like the airships surrounding SM. Instead of deploying on the ground, you deploy on an airship that spawns for a short period of time and have to glide down.

You're welcome for the idea, Anet.

I think #3 should probably not count if the next nearest is contested, and should go to next nearest after that, and so on. I think that would be limited enough, as long as it doesn't send you back to spawn depending on if all objectives were contested/taken.

Note: don't start sentence with # key lol, made my whole sentence in caps.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Has anyone considered...

Why the EWP isnt an Emergency Airship?

What, it would solve pretty much all the issues and fit other guild upgrades like the airships surrounding SM. Instead of deploying on the ground, you deploy on an airship that spawns for a short period of time and have to glide down.

Not everyone has glide...yes I know its cheap to get. I do like the idea that the enemy can't touch you until you come to them though.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Has anyone considered...

Why the EWP isnt an
Emergency Airship
?

Not everyone has glide...yes I know its cheap to get. I do like the idea that the enemy can't touch you until you come to them though.

You wouldn't need glide if you were given something like the windfall buff when porting into that location allowing you to fall safely from the sky :).

But, I don't think there needs to be any crazy modifications to how or where the ewp ports you in, just add some sort of buff or impenetrable barrier to the existing location of the ewp and around all tacts once 1 of them are pulled.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

1. EWP should automatically be linked in chat with a waypoint, less time lost is better in general instead of having to fumble over keys under pressure or while fighting (but also people should learn not to pull when inner is down or when enemies are standing on it lol).
  2. People who click on EWP wp should be flagged as such, and should qualify to be ported regardless.
  3. People who port in should be ported in around lords location, if #2 is a problem about porting in during the ending of duration, then those being ported should be sequentially ported further away, with the starting point being somewhere maybe outside of inner, then outside of outer walls, closest camp, etc. Just don't send them to spawn.

Overall I think this will still provide something more interesting for both sides involved.

I understand that some people may not like this idea, but let's not stay with something broken and try to get something that can actually function. EWP is like a death knell for objectives most of the time.

I like these ideas. ... and I would like to add that the EWP should be enabled ONLY when the Keep or Tower is actually under attack. It should be disabled otherwise, in my opinion. Of course enemy could still coordinate to have their spy and friend on the other side contest the Keep then have the EWP pulled but at least it would require even more effort and bring attention to what's happening quicker etc...

Just my thoughts...

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

I like these ideas. ... and I would like to add that the EWP should be enabled ONLY when the Keep or Tower is actually under attack. It should be disabled otherwise, in my opinion. Of course enemy could still coordinate to have their spy and friend on the other side contest the Keep then have the EWP pulled but at least it would require even more effort and bring attention to what's happening quicker etc...

Just my thoughts...

Oh this is something I didn't think of, kudos to this, I think something like this could work. No need to get senseless ewp wasted from a new person or troll, at least it needs one more factor involved than just pulling levers at will. There is still chances it will be wasted of course, but less likely randomly in the usual cases.

• 2 weeks later...

The wiki history states it used to last 60 seconds. Which seems odd still since it always seemed like someone could pop the eWP, link it immediately in /t chat, I immediately click on the link, and STILL get routed to the Citadel because the wp expired. Always seemed like 20ish seconds to me.

Archived