What are you planning on doing when PoF is released?

Strider Pj.2193

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:

@Samug.6512 said:I've got hero points ready to unlock an elite spec I want to try out, I'll probably be doing some PvE but will be focused on build-crafting.

Current HP won't unlock the new elite specs. There will be a new currency in the skirmish chests with the release of POF.

They mean the hero challenges from pve. If you have every one done, you are currently sitting on 364 unspent skill points. When HoT launched, the elite spec was 400 skill points to fully unlock. It was later reduced to 250 due to forum rioting (imo). It isn't known what will be required, but thinking 250 (roughly) isn't unreasonable. So, those people with extra skill points can fully unlock the new elites as soon as they log in.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:

@Samug.6512 said:I've got hero points ready to unlock an elite spec I want to try out, I'll probably be doing some PvE but will be focused on build-crafting.

Current HP won't unlock the new elite specs. There will be a new currency in the skirmish chests with the release of POF.

They mean the hero challenges from pve. If you have every one done, you are currently sitting on 364 unspent skill points. When HoT launched, the elite spec was 400 skill points to fully unlock. It was later reduced to 250 due to forum rioting (imo). It isn't known what will be required, but thinking 250 (roughly) isn't unreasonable. So, those people with extra skill points can fully unlock the new elites as soon as they log in.

Since PoF and HoT are separate installations formed on a core game, it makes sense to keep these systems the same.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:

Are you sure on this? It seems to be a debated topic, with no one really knowing the answer.

I feel put off by stating this but... I'm probably going to have to settle for doing the PvE content ASAP in order to unlock elite specs for WvW. From what I remember on HoT launch - WvW was somewhat distant (only the hardcore or players who didn't buy the x-pac were present) because everyone wanted to unlock stuff first due to the hype etc.

There have been 50 votes as if this post:
35 votes for playing PvE to unlock skills11 votes for going into WvW immediately7 are not planning on getting the expacAnd 2 are going sPvP for reasons!

Probably should have added an option or two.

I figured most would do the content either to unlock skills or see if it's interesting.

I'll still be doing WvW on and off but for the most part my guild has voted to take a few weeks to unlock specs. Like the posts said above, I've got 363 skills points (I must be missing one! lol) saved up. I doubt we'll be able to unlock it right away (I'm going for Scourge). Likely it will be behind a story or something to start out. Really we don't know. Plus I like to screw around on the PVE side once in awhile and get a taste of the new content.

Archived