Current event not awarding

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey all,

I just heard from Joe, one of our designers, and he told me that there is indeed a problem with the Joko portal event, as mentioned above. Upon closer examination, what's happening is the champion mobs currently do not count towards event participation. Clearly, that's a bug, and the team already is developing a fix. It's likely that a correction for this will go out tomorrow or as soon thereafter as possible. We'll include a mention in the update notes so you'll see when it's corrected.

Thanks for pointing this out to us. We got your back!

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

Do i have to complete the events/achievements with the character i first participated with? I was coincidently in one of the maps where the event took place with a char i was mapping with. However i would like to do this on my main character. but didnt get any progression towards it, Tried multiple times.

Also is it possible to "redo" it if i remove the letter and retry with a different character?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey all,

I just heard from Joe, one of our designers, and he told me that there is indeed a problem with the Joko portal event, as mentioned above. Upon closer examination, what's happening is the champion mobs currently do not count towards event participation. Clearly, that's a bug, and the team already is developing a fix. It's likely that a correction for this will go out tomorrow or as soon thereafter as possible. We'll include a mention in the update notes so you'll see when it's corrected.

Sooo... along those lines. Apparently it has become an even more visual mess (per my wife, I haven't run it since pre patch). Are the developers purposely trying to blind the players? About what?, 1-2 months ago you posted that developers may be up to something. And then nothing further. Do you by chance have any updates on that you can share, please?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey all,

It's possible it might be more than this. I just had my first 'no credit' scenario, and I 'easily' put a lot of damage into every champion boss during the scenario when it was up, but didn't get credit.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

Do i have to complete the events/achievements with the character i first participated with? I was coincidently in one of the maps where the event took place with a char i was mapping with. However i would like to do this on my main character. but didnt get any progression towards it, Tried multiple times.

Also is it possible to "redo" it if i remove the letter and retry with a different character?

Same exact thing happened to me. I really don't wanna have to do all of this on my character with less than 10% map completion. I don't know whether it being character bound was intended, if it was it was a really poor choice.

I did two of these events and got credit...then came a large patch. After the patch I have tried 3 events in three different zones over three hours and no credit for any of them. I was even in a Squad the last time, where some got credit and some did not. I am hitting the mobs and the champions, but not receiving credit. This is the second time today I believe this has happened. Please fix.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

Hi @GWMO.4785 - my guess is that you will only get progression to the achievement once per account no matter which character does it. You should get the basic completion rewards each time though but no letter or change to the achievement (unless do it in an area you not yet completed). There does also seem to be the bug that confuses things also. (where people not getting seen to have completed the event so not even the basic event rewards)

@Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

Hi @GWMO.4785 - my guess is that you will only get progression to the achievement once per account no matter which character does it. You should get the basic completion rewards each time though but no letter or change to the achievement (unless do it in an area you not yet completed). There does also seem to be the bug that confuses things also. (where people not getting seen to have completed the event so not even the basic event rewards)

Nah, there is an issue where you can only progress the achievements with the same character you started getting achievements on.

Just logged in and got a patch thought it might be fixed. Joined a squad in Caledon no one got credit still. Got credit for Metrica the first time we did it. Did Genddaran, Caledon 3 times 1 after the patch last night no credit. Portal Breaker is there but not showing what it is or what it's called.

according to dulfy.net: "Completing any of the events will grant you the Awakening Threat achievement. If you stay in that map until all the related events are completed, you will get the Portal Breaker achievement."I participated in 3-4 events in Gendarran Fields, killed veterans and champions, but I did not get any of those achievements.

@"poiuz.2061" said:according to dulfy.net: "Completing any of the events will grant you the Awakening Threat achievement. If you stay in that map until all the related events are completed, you will get the Portal Breaker achievement."I participated in 3-4 events in Gendarran Fields, killed veterans and champions, but I did not get any of those achievements.

Same here. Did events in Gendarran and Queensdale and no achieves have unlocked for me, yet a fellow guildie tagged one less event than I did and it unlocked for him.

• ArenaNet Staff

@notebene.3190 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey all,

I just heard from Joe, one of our designers, and he told me that there is
indeed
a problem with the Joko portal event, as mentioned above. Upon closer examination, what's happening is the champion mobs currently do not count towards event participation. Clearly, that's a bug, and the team already is developing a fix. It's likely that a correction for this will go out tomorrow or as soon thereafter as possible. We'll include a mention in the update notes so you'll see when it's corrected.

It's possible it might be more than this. I just had my first 'no credit' scenario, and I 'easily' put a lot of damage into every champion boss during the scenario when it was up, but didn't get credit.

From what I'm seeing, there indeed may be another element. I'm not working on this content, of course, but I do know that others are, and they are making adjustments to the planned bug fix that will address at least one additional element. It's nice they're continue to investigate. After the update goes live, I hope players will share their feedback on this, either "yep, all better" or "but wait, there's more." :D

Archived