What weapons will Mirage use in pve ?

MetalGirl.2370

Torch is our secondary Condition Damage off-hand weapon that applies AOE Burn on both skills. Focus can also be swapped in for its utility (i.e. grouping adds and blocking projectiles). While it is still too early to determine what the best build for Mirage will be at this moment, the majority of the Condi Mesmer's damage is currently derived from Bleeds generated by Phantasmal Duelists.

in min max groups (and raids specifically), you wont see many mirages, most likely. The double punch of alacrity + quickness sharing for the group will probably remain too good to replace.

In other groups, we will just have to wait and see. Given that condition damage will probably be the go to for mirage, I plan to play around a lot with the axe, torch, pistol, scepter and staff for the next few weeks.

I would look at scepter/pistol as the primary ranged option (albeit mid range) and axe/torch as the primary melee option. Staff may be useful on some fights (and definitely for those wanting a long range option) - and, as others have said, having a focus for the heavy cc fights might be a lot of fun too.

Unfortunately, you wont find any "serious discussions" about this, because of the min-max culture in MMOs and its growing presence in this game. People shouldn't let that stop them from having fun with the new stuff though.

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:

@musu.9205 said:being the pink clown so people could mock your dps for or random teleport (axe3 )into one-shot aoe . thats pretty useful for a squad sometime .

Luckily you got that amazing dodge :)

thats your very personal opinion which many mesmer main here will disagree .do you raid ?, if you do you will find its far less appealing in actual boss fight .few : deimos oil , matt fire tornado , sab firewall , xera red orb and more .being the one who screws entirely squad by a half finished dodge is amazing .

Archived