New node and other people

@Linken.6345 said:and you still got to harvest?

Here is what I meant. I wanted to test if other people could harvest the nodes I bought, so I asked around. I had one person join my group and we went in. They where able to harvest my nodes. Before I harvested another person joined so we went out and went back in. This new person was able to harvest. I also harvested my nodes. We then left the instance and a third person asked to join so I accepted and in we went again. This third person could not harvest my nodes, even though they had not previously harvested any nodes. The only difference between the people was if I had harvested or not.

@artemis.6781 said:If the person already harvested nodes in their home, they can not harvest the same nodes in another instance, per my experience. But they can harvest a node that they do not own on their account.

Except if they come to my instance and I have harvested and only if I have harvested, despite them not having harvested before they cannot harvest in my instance.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:there are two differences:

• you harvested and
  • you exited/returned to instance

The issue might arise only if both things happen, not one or the other.

Except that I existed and returned before that.Like I said I entered the instance with one other person in my party. That one other person was able to harvest. I then had a second person join my party. We all existed the instance so that second person would be able to join us. When we reentered the second person could harvest. While I was there I harvested the nodes. Both of those people left my party and a third asked to join. They joined my party and I went back in again. This time the new other person could not harvest.

• you harvested and

Except that I existed and returned before that.Like I said I entered the instance with one other person in my party. That one other person was able to harvest. I then had a second person join my party. We all existed the instance so that second person would be able to join us. When we reentered the second person could harvest. While I was there I harvested the nodes. Both of those people left my party and a third asked to join. They joined my party and I went back in again. This time the new other person could not harvest.

@Neutra.6857 said:

• you harvested and

Let me rephrase then: have you tried entering the instance, harvesting the nodes first, and checking whether others can harvest the node without leaving the instance? Have you tried harvesting and then leaving before anyone can harvest, then reentering and seeing if party members can harvest, if they were present the first time?

(I don't expect you to do the testing. I just mean, these are two other potential scenarios.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

• you harvested and

Let me rephrase then: have you tried entering the instance, harvesting the nodes first, and checking whether others can harvest the node without leaving the instance? Have you tried harvesting and then leaving before anyone can harvest, then reentering and seeing if party members can harvest, if they were present the first time?

(I don't expect you to do the testing. I just mean, these are two other potential scenarios.)

Hmm, not sure for either of those scenarios. Guess I can test that out tomorrow.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

• you harvested and

OK I tested this first I had someone enter my instance and then I farmed 1 node. After I harvested in the same instance they where able to farm that node. I then harvested a second node, and had them not harvest that one. I then left the instance and went back in with the same person. They where unable to harvest that one node. They where able to harvest every other node.

@Drecien.4508 said:i can confirm this situation. after i harvested, no one could harvest. seems such a waste to let people in for all the other nodes just to be locked out of these. i think its a bug.

Once you harvest them, I'm going to presume we're talking about the new garden nodes, they have to REGROW again, so NO ONE will be able to harvest again until the next reset.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:i can confirm this situation. after i harvested, no one could harvest. seems such a waste to let people in for all the other nodes just to be locked out of these. i think its a bug.

Once you harvest them, I'm going to presume we're talking about the new garden nodes, they have to REGROW again, so NO ONE will be able to harvest again until the next reset.

Once you, the instance owner, harvest them they cease being harvesting nodes and instead become a new item, Growing Plant, which is why no one else can harvest them after you have done so. Pretty sure this is not actually bug but rather working as intended. In order to have the functionality that they currently do, i.e. taking a day to grow from whatever you planted, they likely have to behave this way. If you strictly want you use these nodes to benefit others, you'll have to make the sacrifice of not harvesting them yourself, or you'll have to cut people off eventually.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

Once you, the instance owner, harvest them they cease being harvesting nodes and instead become a new item, Growing Plant, which is why no one else can harvest them after you have done so. Pretty sure this is not actually bug but rather working as intended. In order to have the functionality that they currently do, i.e. taking a day to grow from whatever you planted, they likely have to behave this way. If you strictly want you use these nodes to benefit others, you'll have to make the sacrifice of not harvesting them yourself, or you'll have to cut people off eventually.

If this was working as intended other people wouldn't be able to gather from the garden nodes at all. Imo this is a bug. All nodes should behave the same and let people gather even if you have gathered. I mean, if I gather wood from a tree in my home instance, it displays as used as well, but other people still can gather as well. This should be consistant.While I do like the flavor of the growing plants (they even change from tiny sprouts to growing plants if you leave and come back later, nice touch!) everyone should be able to gather there once per day.

To add to this, if you farm your new plot of plants you cannot farm someone elses even if the nodes are different. I could understand if the same, but really? The market is gonna get more items dumped into it anyway so its not like its gonna hurt plant prices anymore than they already are. imo.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:@Neutra.6857 thanks for the extra effort testing! I meant to do the same today and completely forgot.That's a shame about the nodes turning off after the host has harvested; I hope that's a bug (and easy to fix, to boot).

Pretty sure it's not a bug. That's because the node actually changes. Most nodes, when you harvest them, vanish to the next day. But this node transforms into another type of node. so it's no longer than same node when someone else comes in. I simply harvest mine after I let my guildies do their harvesting .

Because I don't think this is something fixable. The node it transfers into, unlike other nodes, is something which can be switched.

I tested it today with another person. When we both went in he could harvest the node before or after I did as long as we were in the same instance and didn't leave. We purposely left a few nodes that I harvested and he did not. When we went back in, he could not harvest them. From what I see this is caused by the change from a X node to the growing plant.

It updates when you go into the home instance and are the instance owner. If you have harvested it already it becomes a "growing plant" that no one can harvest. If you haven't harvested it the node is still "X" node and allows anyone to harvest it. Due to the ability of the owner to change the seeds planted each day and the way it was programmed, the only way to "bypass" this effect is to share your nodes with anyone you want but don't harvest it yourself until after you've shared it as many times as you desire, then harvest it. It's not a perfect system but it is a work around.

I plan on doing some further testing to see if there are any further parameters to the function but this is what I surmised from a quick experimentation today.

@MLinni.6109 said:

If this was working as intended other people wouldn't be able to gather from the garden nodes at all. Imo this is a bug. All nodes should behave the same and let people gather even if you have gathered. I mean, if I gather wood from a tree in my home instance, it displays as used as well, but other people still can gather as well. This should be consistant.While I do like the flavor of the growing plants (they even change from tiny sprouts to growing plants if you leave and come back later, nice touch!) everyone should be able to gather there once per day.

Except that once they become growing plants, you the player have the ability to remove them, but not once they are fully grown. They HAVE to become the new item in order for you to be able to interact with them and change them to something new. There is probably NO way around making them harvestable after the switch-over and still having them re-plantable. We'll have to deal.

Archived