Sick 'Em! in Soulbeast Bug?

EnderzShadow.2506

Feel free to report it. But its very likely to be a tooltip issue not a mechanics one. Gods just thinking about what i could do if I got that movement speed buff for that duration(derp)...its silly.

On that note I would like to see propper clarification on hte functionality of traits and how skills operate merged and unmerged. Many traits are still unclear.

I know it's a bit much. But there is no movement speed increase. Not even a little.This is imo gamebreaking for this traitline.

its supposed to be all this stuff that the pet can do, now WE can do.

I just used it to check, sicem won't help you move ANY faster towards a target....none...nothing.You just roll along at that same meh speed. And thats bull shit.

You think it's op? I mean, dare I mentionspellbreakers, mirage and scourges....But running away from a fight or to a fight would be op?

@Shadelang.3012 said:Feel free to report it. But its very likely to be a tooltip issue not a mechanics one. Gods just thinking about what i could do if I got that movement speed buff for that duration(kitten)...its silly.

On that note I would like to see propper clarification on hte functionality of traits and how skills operate merged and unmerged. Many traits are still unclear.

Hmm what would you think if they reworked it to give super speed instead of movement speed? Since all the shouts were supposed to give buffs as per the shout rework. (Always wanted them to put fury on the damn thing)

And yes a tooltip pass would be super helpful as sic em is only a 25% dps increase not 40, I believe it was either wonderouswall or insaneqr who curnched the numbers

Without any given clarifications it should be considered as bug. Together with tons of other soulbeast bugs of the same nature.SoR - activeCB - not giving unblockableFB- not working while in beastmodeEB - not working while in beastmode

etc.. etc... etc...Not even going into bugs tied with soulbeast's beast abilities and traits.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

@Shadelang.3012 said:Feel free to report it. But its very likely to be a tooltip issue not a mechanics one. Gods just thinking about what i could do if I got that movement speed buff for that duration(kitten)...its silly.

Hmm what would you think if they reworked it to give super speed instead of movement speed? Since all the shouts were supposed to give buffs as per the shout rework. (Always wanted them to put fury on the kitten thing)

And yes a tooltip pass would be super helpful as sic em is only a 25% dps increase not 40, I believe it was either wonderouswall or insaneqr who curnched the numbers

Super speed, eh maybe. I'd rather have 40% for a shorter period of time :P

But I'd like a lot of things. Id like if ANET stayed in the realm of REALITY. They say 40 percent dmg but it's really 25%....They say 40, why isn't it 40?

Retaliation says it's a REFLECT. But ANET has their own definition of what reflect is.

While I'm dreaming, I'd like to see ANET not introduce spectacular bugs into the game anytime they touch the spaghetti code.

I'd like ANET to address Cheating in SpvP---as they TRULY DO NOT CARE.I just watched a youtuber trying to get banned for cheating, not get banned.

• 2 months later...

@"EnderzShadow.2506" said:"Your pet rushes at your foe, revealing them and dealing increased damage".

10 sec-40% Dmg, 40% Movement Speed

Can anyone confirm if a Soulbeast Ranger while merged gets a 40% movement speed for 10 secs?

Personally, I have never experienced anything better than 33% run speed.And I've never seen anything break that cap.

In beastmode Sic Em! will do the following : it will apply reveled on target, it will automatically make you start to attack, and it will apply the 40% damage incress as a buff to you the soulbeast since pet is merged with you.

@Kraitan.8476 said:If only we could have a big patch like mesmer had a while back? Balancing pets and reworking some soulbeast f1,2,3s, updating tooltips, reworking certain utilits and take a look at some soulbeast traits & also some bugfixes if possible? :)

Yeah i hope they do that. The improve on the core mechanic was gold for mesmers, it would be gold for others too. Especially ranger and rev which have problematic mechanics.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Kraitan.8476 said:If only we could have a big patch like mesmer had a while back? Balancing pets and reworking some soulbeast f1,2,3s, updating tooltips, reworking certain utilits and take a look at some soulbeast traits & also some bugfixes if possible? :)

Yeah i hope they do that. The improve on the core mechanic was gold for mesmers, it would be gold for others too. Especially ranger and rev which have problematic mechanics.

I don't think this will happen very soon ... maybe next year

You have to run the specialization, be merged and have that skill on your bar. I don't feel that a 7% increase in movement speed would be that overtuned. (Heck, the damage is way more potent than the movement speed.) But, if for some reason there's an issue from a programming perspective then just switch it to superspeed.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:You have to run the specialization, be merged and have that skill on your bar. I don't feel that a 7% increase in movement speed would be that overtuned. (Heck, the damage is way more potent than the movement speed.) But, if for some reason there's an issue from a programming perspective then just switch it to superspeed.

~ Kovu

Anet could normalize the skill to apply extra 25% damage + super speed in both modes and nobody would bat an eye.

Same for MoC( in gs and trait) and it would be fine too.

And it would be fantastic if all our traits would work while merged...

• 1 month later...

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Hmm what would you think if they reworked it to give super speed instead of movement speed? Since all the shouts were supposed to give buffs as per the shout rework. (Always wanted them to put fury on the kitten thing)

That's actually not true. Sic 'Em does, in fact, give a 40% damage modifier. Try it yourself - take a bunch of data on some indestructible golems using only critical hits on autoattack with and without Sic 'Em activated. You'll notice the percent increase on outgoing damage is 40% plus/minus 2-3%.

@Artasian Nosferatu.3516 said:

@"Shadelang.3012" said:Feel free to report it. But its very likely to be a tooltip issue not a mechanics one. Gods just thinking about what i could do if I got that movement speed buff for that duration(kitten)...its silly.

That's actually not true. Sic 'Em does, in fact, give a 40% damage modifier. Try it yourself - take a bunch of data on some indestructible golems using only critical hits on autoattack with and without Sic 'Em activated. You'll notice the percent increase on outgoing damage is 40% plus/minus 2-3%.

One thing's true, 2 months later, you 100% Necroed ;)

Just want to point out, I realize you're responding to the comment, but the point of the actual thread was pointing out that SicEm does not work as advertised for soulbeast.

Whether it's actually a 25 percent "dps" increase...well then that's different than you and the pet doing 40 percent more dmg.

Ill try the test out later and get back with results since you went to such great lengths (2 months of posts) to dig this gem up.

@Artasian Nosferatu.3516 said:

Are you accounting for the newly added 10% increase to dps from loud wistle?

@Eleazar.9478 said:

@"Shadelang.3012" said:Feel free to report it. But its very likely to be a tooltip issue not a mechanics one. Gods just thinking about what i could do if I got that movement speed buff for that duration(kitten)...its silly.

Are you accounting for the newly added 10% increase to dps from loud wistle?

I tested this before loud whistle was updated, I believe "Sic 'Em" was always +40% for the ranger.

Should be simple to verify with a warhorn if you cast "Sic 'Em" during warhorn #4.

Archived