GW2 can't recover from packet lost

since POF beta, GW2 has suffer from an issue whereby if there is packet lost, the game cannot recover because the UI is out of sync with the game. the tech support remain clueless and doesn't appear to know the current behavior of the server/client (not that they should). so I hope someone who does technical work will get to read this and be aware there might be an issue.

the problem is this:

if you send an input to the game, and the game carry out the action, but this was lost and never send to the client or server. the client will forever believe it is casting that spell and prevent it from going into cooldown and therefore doesn't allow you to use that skill again. I am sure there is already some check involve, but those check no longer appear effective since POF beta. and u don't even desync, you just stand there, will your skill bar struck until you relog or wait for like several min until the UI timeout and reset itself to the default state.

@lagrangewei.8516 said:since POF beta, GW2 has suffer from an issue whereby if there is packet lost, the game cannot recover because the UI is out of sync with the game. the tech support remain clueless and doesn't appear to know the current behavior of the server/client (not that they should). so I hope someone who does technical work will get to read this and be aware there might be an issue.

the problem is this:

if you send an input to the game, and the game carry out the action, but this was lost and never send to the client or server. the client will forever believe it is casting that spell and prevent it from going into cooldown and therefore doesn't allow you to use that skill again. I am sure there is already some check involve, but those check no longer appear effective since POF beta. and u don't even desync, you just stand there, will your skill bar struck until you relog or wait for like several min until the UI timeout and reset itself to the default state.

It's always been a problem with GW2, especially when lag is high, which has been notably worse since PoF and moving to the Goggle servers. Eventually the game will either catch up and cast a whole bunch of crap quickly, if you're still alive, or log you out with an error saying something like it lost contact with the server. Typically it's faster to relog as soon as you start seeing this behavior.

Archived