Crash Issues after January 9th Update [MERGED]

After the January 9th update my launcher on 64bit Mac is crashing the second it gets past initalization and says downloading. Any other Mac users having this issue? I have tried restarting and that did nothing. Game worked fine yesterday, today won't launch.

Extra info:MacOS 10.13.2Processor 3.2 GHz Intel core i5Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two crashes in the middle of WvW battles now after the update. What kind of testing was done? Every few updates, we have problems. This really put a spotlight on the quality of the software development and testing being done prior to releasing it to public? The game is not playable in this state.

2 updates went live last night, still no fix for me. It's now been 24 hours and they are still having software issues; back when I worked in software development if we couldn't fix an issue in under 24 hours we rolled back the software... Maybe they could consider that, so that a large portion of their player base can get back into the game that we all paid for. How is everyone else doing?

@SimBilly.8047 said:Haha... Mine won't even complete the download of the patch. It just gets slower and slower until it's down to about 2kb per second.

Same here. So far i've found my case seems to have something to do with me running GW2 from an SSD.Running the game from my primary hard drive seems to have worked and the update has installed itself with no problems whatsoever. Problem just is that's not the location i want to run the game from.

@Swan.4617 said:

@SimBilly.8047 said:Haha... Mine won't even complete the download of the patch. It just gets slower and slower until it's down to about 2kb per second.

Same here. So far i've found my case seems to have something to do with me running GW2 from an SSD.Running the game from my primary hard drive seems to have worked and the update has installed itself with no problems whatsoever. Problem just is that's not the location i want to run the game from.My installation on this computer is on a HDD, if somehow this issue persists 5 more days I'll be able to test it on a PC with an SSD to see if those results are the same for me.

I was fine for the Jan9th patch with the new content - no issues.
I got logged in TODAYthe 10th,about 3 hours ago and was playing with no issues .THEN they pushed a new build a little while ago - and I cant get the download of new build to finish!
have tried a few times now- and the speed is all across the board, with the trend to slow down and finally just freeze. Confirmed my internet is fine.
DO i need to do a ticket ? Do i wait 30 minutes then try again ? Is my launcher now corrupted? DO i need to start a new thread here as this problem started just a little bit ago on the 10th.? and does anyone know how LARGE the file is for the new build? as in KB size ?

@nortask.8351 said:

@"SimBilly.8047" said:Haha... Mine won't even complete the download of the patch. It just gets slower and slower until it's down to about 2kb per second.

Same here. So far i've found my case seems to have something to do with me running GW2 from an SSD.Running the game from my primary hard drive seems to have worked and the update has installed itself with no problems whatsoever. Problem just is that's not the location i want to run the game from.My installation on this computer is on a HDD, if somehow this issue persists 5 more days I'll be able to test it on a PC with an SSD to see if those results are the same for me.

Please do return with your results! :#

Found out i can play the game like normal if i update the .dat file from my main hard drive, then move it back to my SSD.Sadly that takes way too much time in the long run with all the updates and such.

My download speed seems to have changed slightly though. Now, when it tries to update from the SSD, the download returns to my "pre-patch" speed from time to time before then going back down to 2kb then 0kb.Though nice to see it seems like they're working on it.

Archived