Could this be Gleam?!

Egg Shennn.6240

Watched the PoF launch trailer and noticed in one part, when they appear to be fighting Balthazar and in the background of one scene there is a dragon in the air coming towards Balth.
In the trailer they say something about there being something in the desert that can help them defeat Balth... Could be Gleam? I don't think it seems big enough to be Kralkatorrik, but who knows...Image of stillhttps://imgur.com/HOBfe7b

Aurene is still so young, she's much smaller, a baby still.

Gleam would be 250 years old now, so seems more likely. Otherwise Kralk or one of his champion minions maybe. Hoping it's Gleam, since you protect him in Gw1 and he's then supposedly cared for, would kinda suck if after that he was just killed at some point between then and now.

AFter that scene of a dragon flying, Balth is seen wielding his weapon against a large leathery beast (you can see it's underside moving for about a second). Given the flying dragon has leathery wings and is pretty big, we can rule out Aurene. I suspect we can rule out Gleam as well. Whatever it is, it seems more like a normal Dragon if one such exists.

@Arzurag.7506 said:Could you elaborate who actually Gleam is ? I for myself am a bit confused about the presence of an unknown dragon and I´ve noticed the mentioning of gleam a few times under the launch trailer.

Aurene's big brother

In GW1 as a bonus mission, we saved him from waves of Destroyers (sound familiar). He is the only other known child of Glint and his existence has been speculated since Season 2

@Arzurag.7506 said:Could you elaborate who actually Gleam is ? I for myself am a bit confused about the presence of an unknown dragon and I´ve noticed the mentioning of gleam a few times under the launch trailer.

In Gw1, eye of the north, you protect a baby dragon from Destroyers. That dragon is Glint's baby, a male, named Gleam. After that, he's protected by humans/dwarves but that's all we hear. That happened 250 years ago in GW game timeline, so if he's alive, he'd be a full grown dragon I'd guess.

Right after that still we see it's wing up close, it seems to have the color scheme of a Mordrem dragon but I looked closer to the clip and managed to snag this screenshothttps://i.imgur.com/Os8Txtf.jpgThat tail to the left side of the screenshot could very well be the tail of Aurene/Gleam but since we got the Mini Squire Aurene recently I doubt she would've grown that big. So yeah, could very well be Gleam then.

Right after the screenshot Preyar mentioned there is a new, deep voice that mentions a certain weapon. Some thought it was Rytlock's voice but Bobby Stein confirmed that the voice belongs to someone else on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/712t7r/guild_wars_2_path_of_fire_launch_trailer/dn7nufk/

Then, people suggested it could be Gleam's voice, so it could possibly be Gleam. But maybe, the voice belongs to Palawa Joko, we don't really know.

@Tekey.7946 said:Right after the screenshot Preyar mentioned there is a new, deep voice that mentions a certain weapon. Some thought it was Rytlock's voice but Bobby Stein confirmed that the voice belongs to someone else on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/712t7r/guild_wars_2_path_of_fire_launch_trailer/dn7nufk/

Then, people suggested it could be Gleam's voice, so it could possibly be Gleam. But maybe, the voice belongs to Palawa Joko, we don't really know.

If I remember right Joko had a raspy Cobra Commander-like voice. Then again he could be pulling a Darth Vader for all we know!

Archived