Feature request, and maybe spoiler.

blambidy.3216

During expansion 3 I am assuming were going against kralk the big dragon. I know he sucked up balthazar so hoping the end of lvs4 is one of kralks minions, and then kralk is the end of exp 3. So I am assuming arenanet is designing something that will be strong enough for our commanders to go against him. Since we have added mounts I think would be a good game changer, and would smack down mmos if we had skills added to our mounts besides only 1 skill.

Every mount would have skills based on our classes weaponry that are on hand. Also I think what would be another game changer, is for now on we are allowed to attack while mounted.

For example: Rangers and Thieves use shortbows.Gaurdians, Warriors, and Revenant use spears.Memsers, Necromancers, and Elemetalists use staffAnd Engineers use pistol.

Hoping arenanet applys something close to that. However if that happens another thing is, since we will be using mounts, Mounts will be given armor just like our classes armor. Mounts will accomodate our skills and give bonus boons according to class and wear the armor by the class. However the different thing is since we have multiple classes, mount armor will be able to switch out to different mounts. Or Different mounts will be given different type of armor. for example. The raptor having heavy. The springer having medium. And jackel having light armor. Or maybe arenanet could supply exclusive mounts for certain classes, and have the 5 mounts we already have just for moving quickly. If that is done, that would make things easier since the mounts would be based on classes, so the armor and skills that come with the mount would be lot easier to pick.

However I haven't put that into big thought. But I think mounts should be able to have armor to go into battle.

Also features in the game I think would be great to be adding the mounts and skills and armor would be Raids, and WVW, and PVE . Since the there will be a third expansion and If they make these features. The metas arenanet will make can be much more harder. And hoping the maps will be atleast the same size as pof maps, or bigger. I think it would also be amazing for taking down meta bosses. If pvp was bigger I would add these features in. But since it is just 5v5 and the maps are not that big, i wouldnt suggest these features to be in pvp.

I think if arenanet implemented the needs of having mounts in raids, it would be amazing to have them in there. I also think having them in wvw would be amazing. Especially since its suppose to be a territory we are suppose to conquer.

If Arenanet adds something similar to be able to ride and have our characters attack on our mounts, and have different skills while riding the mounts, I think it would be a great game changer to mmos. I don't think mounts have to have armor however, armor on our mounts would make it easier to last longer while riding instead of being attack and dismounted.

Other features that I would maybe like, but wont be disapponted if wasn't added.Mount feeding.Mount naming.Mount games.

In a similar vein, I think it would be wise to have any fight against an elder dragon as a world boss rather than have it instanced like with Mordremoth and Zhaitan. Having an instanced component is fine, but it feels like a huge waste of the potential of the elder dragons. I only vaguely remember the fight against Zhaitan. Now Zhaitan's dead, and the cool idea that was Zhaitan is relegated to a story instance that I don't really have reason to revisit. This idea of incorporating mounts into the fight against Kralk would work much better paired with Kralk as a world boss with updating rewards. Keep the elder dragons relevant! Also please bring back Zhaitan. :p

@Edelweiss.4261 said:In a similar vein, I think it would be wise to have any fight against an elder dragon as a world boss rather than have it instanced like with Mordremoth and Zhaitan. Having an instanced component is fine, but it feels like a huge waste of the potential of the elder dragons. I only vaguely remember the fight against Zhaitan. Now Zhaitan's dead, and the cool idea that was Zhaitan is relegated to a story instance that I don't really have reason to revisit. This idea of incorporating mounts into the fight against Kralk would work much better paired with Kralk as a world boss with updating rewards. Keep the elder dragons relevant! Also please bring back Zhaitan. :p

Could be a good idea if they do a kralk meta just like mordremoth in dragons stand. In dragons stand he was waaaay bigger. They might have to do that if we are actually going to have to capture or kill kralk. However being for sure kralk the big bad idk. It could be we have a big bad before kralk and kralk will be like exp 5.

But yes. If we do go against kralk and it’s story I do hope they do make a really big meta for it to show how big kralk truly is.

@EnchantixAqua.5327 said:You guys do realize that planning this stuff out is pointless right? We do not even know what will happen at the end of LS4. For all we know, all of our mounts are killed before we can even think of armoring them up.

Maybe if our mounts had a name and would be in the actual story instance then their would be a possibility of them dying but they aren’t effected by story at all.

@blambidy.3216 said:During expansion 3 I am assuming were going against kralk the big dragon. I know he sucked up balthazar so hoping the end of lvs4 is one of kralks minions, and then kralk is the end of exp 3. So I am assuming arenanet is designing something that will be strong enough for our commanders to go against him. Since we have added mounts I think would be a good game changer, and would smack down mmos if we had skills added to our mounts besides only 1 skill.

Every mount would have skills based on our classes weaponry that are on hand. Also I think what would be another game changer, is for now on we are allowed to attack while mounted.

For example: Rangers and Thieves use shortbows.Gaurdians, Warriors, and Revenant use spears.Memsers, Necromancers, and Elemetalists use staffAnd Engineers use pistol.

Hoping arenanet applys something close to that. However if that happens another thing is, since we will be using mounts, Mounts will be given armor just like our classes armor. Mounts will accomodate our skills and give bonus boons according to class and wear the armor by the class. However the different thing is since we have multiple classes, mount armor will be able to switch out to different mounts. Or Different mounts will be given different type of armor. for example. The raptor having heavy. The springer having medium. And jackel having light armor. Or maybe arenanet could supply exclusive mounts for certain classes, and have the 5 mounts we already have just for moving quickly. If that is done, that would make things easier since the mounts would be based on classes, so the armor and skills that come with the mount would be lot easier to pick.

However I haven't put that into big thought. But I think mounts should be able to have armor to go into battle.

Also features in the game I think would be great to be adding the mounts and skills and armor would be Raids, and WVW, and PVE . Since the there will be a third expansion and If they make these features. The metas arenanet will make can be much more harder. And hoping the maps will be atleast the same size as pof maps, or bigger. I think it would also be amazing for taking down meta bosses. If pvp was bigger I would add these features in. But since it is just 5v5 and the maps are not that big, i wouldnt suggest these features to be in pvp.

I think if arenanet implemented the needs of having mounts in raids, it would be amazing to have them in there. I also think having them in wvw would be amazing. Especially since its suppose to be a territory we are suppose to conquer.

If Arenanet adds something similar to be able to ride and have our characters attack on our mounts, and have different skills while riding the mounts, I think it would be a great game changer to mmos. I don't think mounts have to have armor however, armor on our mounts would make it easier to last longer while riding instead of being attack and dismounted.

Other features that I would maybe like, but wont be disapponted if wasn't added.Mount feeding.Mount naming.Mount games.

No. I want my pistol as a thief. No. Keep those bows on Ranger. Give me my pistol.

Spvp and wvw are already a mess because of the few resources given to their team.

Mounts are definitely not needed ( as for rewards and other aesthetical stuff )Just balance.

In PvE, a boss fight in a specific zone like bloodstone fen, but mount related as it was for glider, could be something, but please Dear anet don't give more combat skills to mounts, which were meant for moving through pof maps.

@Shirlias.8104 said:Spvp and wvw are already a mess because of the few resources given to their team.

Mounts are definitely not needed ( as for rewards and other aesthetical stuff )Just balance.

In PvE, a boss fight in a specific zone like bloodstone fen, but mount related as it was for glider, could be something, but please Dear anet don't give more combat skills to mounts, which were meant for moving through pof maps.

Your telling me if arenanet redisigned wvw maps for these mounts to have combat. And ability to attack while mounted to conquer zones, you wouldn’t?

As much as people who complain about wvw and pvp wanting to revamp it, everything people suggest is a no. Maybe that’s why wvw and pvp are taking so long to update.

As far as pve. Maybe you didn’t understand what I said. I said since there will be a new expansion. There will be new maps. Most likely be as big as pof maps or bigger. And if they did add skill to mounts. And/or allow us to attack while on mounts it would allow us to ether have harder metas in the new maps, Or longer metas in those new maps. However IF they would add those things then applying them to all maps would still be amazing.

As much as people complain about hot. Having a mount to have skills and/or boons to increase your class stats. Doing hps in hot would be much easier alone then always having to have multiple people in party to do hot hps.

I’m not disagreeing with everything with you said. Because to think about it yes. If we had in maps like tyria the events would get done with a snap that involve killing bosses. But arenanet would probably have to balance.

If you don’t want to add skills more skills to the mount that is why i said arenanet can add different mounts with just the particular class. And the 5 mounts we have can be just for map completion and going through zones. But if you also didn’t want them to have skills that is why I said to have boons or passive skills to the class. And instead our class can attack with the mount weapon the classes are allowed to use.

I’m not saying out in everything. I’m saying whichever fits. But I mostly want each class to attack while mounted. And to attack while mounted rather then getting off your mount would also bring different things to the game also.

Wvw has problems related to balance and lag.That's why I would prefer a more balance scenario and, before thinking to ad anything else, no more lag.

And along with spvp it needs balance the most.

About pve maps in the next expansions, imho there will be new skills ( maybe during ls4 too ), but an adjunct to the core mechanics.

Mount combat shouldn't replace the classes, and mounts shouldn't give different skills Depends the classes. But some fights with mounts, why not.

Also you should remember that while you talk about 5 mounts, many still don't own a griffon.

What worries me is that the game switched from hot to pof. From Normal to extremely casual. And, it's my guess, it will be even worst the more time passes.

@blambidy.3216 said:

@Edelweiss.4261 said:In a similar vein, I think it would be wise to have any fight against an elder dragon as a world boss rather than have it instanced like with Mordremoth and Zhaitan. Having an instanced component is fine, but it feels like a huge waste of the potential of the elder dragons. I only vaguely remember the fight against Zhaitan. Now Zhaitan's dead, and the cool idea that was Zhaitan is relegated to a story instance that I don't really have reason to revisit. This idea of incorporating mounts into the fight against Kralk would work much better paired with Kralk as a world boss with updating rewards. Keep the elder dragons relevant! Also please bring back Zhaitan. :p

Could be a good idea if they do a kralk meta just like mordremoth in dragons stand. In dragons stand he was waaaay bigger. They might have to do that if we are actually going to have to capture or kill kralk. However being for sure kralk the big bad idk. It could be we have a big bad before kralk and kralk will be like exp 5.

But yes. If we do go against kralk and it’s story I do hope they do make a really big meta for it to show how big kralk truly is.

The devs said previously that each expansion would have us facing one of the dragons, assuming that still holds true, we'll end up facing Kralk at the end of this living season and starting on another dragon in the next xpac.

And a correction, there is no open world meta against Moldymoth, you fight the mouth of mordremoth in dragons stand, just like you fight the mouth of Zhaitan in Arah. Unfortunately the actual fight against mordremoth is that awful fight against an obese caricaturization of a common weed at the end of the HoT personal story, and even that isn't really him but a projection of his mind. We actually kill mordremoth without ever even seeing him.

@Shirlias.8104 said:Wvw has problems related to balance and lag.That's why I would prefer a more balance scenario and, before thinking to ad anything else, no more lag.

And along with spvp it needs balance the most.

About pve maps in the next expansions, imho there will be new skills ( maybe during ls4 too ), but an adjunct to the core mechanics.

Mount combat shouldn't replace the classes, and mounts shouldn't give different skills Depends the classes. But some fights with mounts, why not.

Also you should remember that while you talk about 5 mounts, many still don't own a griffon.

What worries me is that the game switched from hot to pof. From Normal to extremely casual. And, it's my guess, it will be even worst the more time passes.

I’m not saying replace. I’m just saying during the time mounted you have the choice of attacking with a weapon while mounted.

If arenanet did develope for the 5 mounts it would be no different for people traveling around for hps. Just a longer grind. If they didn’t add to the griffin then what would be the point of creating it in the first place? However instead of them using the 5 mounts I would much prefer them to create specific mount for the specific class.

Worse to who? I enjoy the game the same as hot.... and who knows what else would be added.

@Conncept.7638 said:

The devs said previously that each expansion would have us facing one of the dragons, assuming that still holds true, we'll end up facing Kralk at the end of this living season and starting on another dragon in the next xpac.

And a correction, there is no open world meta against Moldymoth, you fight the mouth of mordremoth in dragons stand, just like you fight the mouth of Zhaitan in Arah. Unfortunately the actual fight against mordremoth is that awful fight against an obese caricaturization of a common weed at the end of the HoT personal story, and even that isn't really him but a projection of his mind. We actually kill mordremoth without ever even seeing him.

Yes truly was disappointing that the meta looked better then the instance.

If that is true about a dragon I truly hope kralk has a minion rather than us actually killing him so soon. And then killing kralk actually in expansion.Or hopefully they add a big story to portray when we do kill kralk. But one of the trailers when living world 4 came in with the guy and that dragon armor. I do hope that’s the big bad so it’s not kralk.

I hope they do it like HoT where there's a storyline element and a big open world boss battle. PoF did it very well with Warden Amala as well: You fight her in the story, in open world, and in a fractal!

As for mounted combat? I don't like it. The engage skills are great, but that's as far as I want to go with that. I did like the way they did it with glider combat in BF, but even that is pretty lame if you spend most of a fight in the air. We have a great combat system here. Let's not take away from that!

I like the idea of naming our mounts. A lot.

I am more than a bit hesitant about mounted combat. The extra health pool compared to an unmounted combatant, on top of the speed buff, would be difficult to balance IMO. I am not normally inclined to oppose doing something because it is difficult, but balance here is chancy at best and would not take too much to completely break.

Archived