Will there be an incentive to play WvW before the release of Guild Wars 3?!

Nuka Cola.8520

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when is the release of gw3?aside from fun i am not sure what you want from a game.

as for changes to WvW: if the game mode was made the way i would want it, then prolly alot of the current population would leave and i would have no one to play with or against, therefor i take the game as is and have my fun killing newbs and laughing about all the stupidities they come up with while encountering me.

@"SugarCayne.3098" said:When we were kids, we’d get a piece of chalk and somehow be entertained by that for the entire day in what games we’d invent.

What I’m saying is they gave us the sandbox, it’s our turn to make something of it. (Aside from a few kittens using it as a litter box).

We are in that sanbox for over 5 years, tho. Tons of people left. When you roam and see an empty "sandbox", no matter what, you can't make something out of it.

All im saying is that if they don't give some major incentive for wvw, even less people will play that game mode, and when wvw is empty, those still playing will lose interest and leave as well. That's how you ruin the best part of gw2.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:The game launched with all the incentive it needs, for me.To do what I bought the game to do.

I shudder to think of the game's state were there actually some
reason
to all pile onto a winning side.

I wish everyone was like you. Wvw would be as lively as it was in 2012-2013.

In 2012-2013 I was sitting in queues because my server won too much.

xD

But thanks <3

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:will there b gw3?

Probably after the next expansion.

mmm... just improve gw2 with a new system via expansion.

Looking at the first 2 expansion, i don't see how the third expansion is gonna fix anything. More chances of it breaking a bunch of stuff that will take em 6-10 months to fix.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:will there b gw3?

Looking at the first 2 expansion, i don't see how the third expansion is gonna fix anything. More chances of it breaking a bunch of stuff that will take em 6-10 months to fix.

It probably will introduce bunch of overpowered classes and skills forcing us to pay to stay competitive as usual.

It probably will introduce bunch of overpowered classes and skills forcing us to pay to stay competitive as usual.

That's not a probability, that's a fact. Its the only reason to buy their expansions. The rest is mediocre at best.

Why would they need to create a gw3?They're just now hitting their stride in providing pve content with living story/expansion/elite specs/raids cycle, why would they make a completely new game? Is there something they need to add that the current engine can't do? The only reason gw2 was made was because gw1 was not a typical mmorpg game.

Even so, to think that they would even do wvw again in gw3 after how it's current form turned out now in gw2, is really wishful thinking.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Why would they need to create a gw3?They're just now hitting their stride in providing pve content with living story/expansion/elite specs/raids cycle, why would they make a completely new game? Is there something they need to add that the current engine can't do? The only reason gw2 was made was because gw1 was not a typical mmorpg game.

Even so, to think that they would even do wvw again in gw3 after how it's current form turned out now in gw2, is really wishful thinking.

Because when the game gets old, people lose interest even if new content is introduced. Not to mention how ridiculously poor gw2 engine is for 2018 standards.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:All im saying is that if they don't give some major incentive for wvw, even less people will play that game mode, and when wvw is empty, those still playing will lose interest and leave as well. That's how you ruin the best part of gw2.

And all I'm saying is that you have all the incentive you need. More so when you think about it. The players have all the power to do whatever they want with this mode.

There's been GvG, which has had pushback, but is not the big scary monster it used to be.There's been community coordinated events -- necro blobs, ranger blobs, map events, etc..There's been coordination between guilds and unguilded for cooperative map play (still a struggle but it's happening).There has emerged community forums for each server that are populated with players who argue like a family.There's been a spy network that has emerged that created subterfuge and believe they are rightly part of what entails gameplay.There's even a political game behind the game, which keeps a good number of players engaged (not my particular cuppa, but it does it for others).

What you CAN work on is getting players to stop stacking -- to realize that spreading out yields better gameplay -- that the reward is in the environment you create and the entertainment you get from it -- that this sandbox can be anything.

Stop waiting for Anet to play parent and hold hands and give you a digital reward that you'll forget about in a month.

You are not restricted in pretty much ANY way from creating the kind of gameplay you want.

Here, have some chalk.

Why do people constantly want a larger carrot to play something, WvW currently has plenty incentives to play it, and it's original incentives you know, servers competing against one another, roamers seeing who was better, and guilds fighting other guilds, was plenty of an incentive to login and enter a map. But it seems that seeing whos better, isn't an incentive anymore, and these current WvW'rs want a golden goose draped in legendary armor and weapons everytime they login.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Why would they need to create a gw3?For the same reason they created GW2?

Either way most of the time it is at least 2-3 years between announcement of a game and release. GW3 has not been announced yet. No rush. GW2 offered achievements/gear skins for GW owners btw.

Do you understand that gw1 was not really a full fledged mmorpg? That's why gw2 was created? Why would you need to create gw3 over gw2? other than having to update the engine.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Because when the game gets old, people lose interest even if new content is introduced. Not to mention how ridiculously poor gw2 engine is for 2018 standards.

There's a game called WoW, it's pretty old, yet it's survived for 14 years.... There's a game called Everquest, it's pretty old, yet it's survived for 20 years...Gw2 just hit 5 years and just now hitting it's new cycle for content. There are many reasons why people lose interest in a game, certainly a lot for gw2, creating a new game while having the same philosophies as gw2 won't solve anything. Well they can change it for gw3! well why not change it now then? Combat is going in the wrong direction for me in gw2, I certainly don't think they would change that in gw3. Having a cash shop that basically sells four things regularly, black lion weapons, outfits, gliders, mounts is gonna get old.

They can barely get a complete expansion by todays standards with 2 years to work with, nevermind having to redesign a new engine and entire new game which would take this team 5+ years to do. Getting a new engine would be one reason to change games, but you would have to ask your player base to start over, after spending however much money on gw2.

Bottom line, don't get your hype and hope up for gw3, even less for wvw, I highly doubt they would bring that back after how it's turned out in gw2.There, that's your incentive to play wvw before gw3, play it before you completely lose it.

Archived