Lore books

Hi forum! I've started LW3 after completing personal story, LW2 and HoT, and I came across two lore books right after starting LW3.I've been playing for almost a year and I'm not surprised I haven't found any book of lore before given the huge world gw2 is, I haven't even played fractals or completed the map more than 60%.Were the lore introduced in LW3 or am I missing something here?I read that some people have many, but it's weird to me I had none till yesterday. Any tip on how to find them?

Thanks in advance!! :)

I think the first readable book you could collect was Scarlet's Journal from Season 1, but until HoT came out there were only 2 (the other being Marjory's Journal, and if I remember correctly that plays a cut scene rather than being readable.)

There's a full list of lore books you can collect here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lore_bookAnd a more complete list of all types of books here, including all the lore books you can read by finding them but can't keep: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Book

Personally I'd love to be able to get my own copy of Wikki's Official Guide to Tyria.

Lore is represented to the player in many forms. The wiki page about lore books are not the full list of books you can read. In the core game they are books you can open and read, examples can be found in book cars in divinities reach (the lower ring around the central plaza) and in the priory office in DR under the central plaza at the end of the Kormir low road. More can be found in the priory themself. Go to the hero point and walk to the gate that opens an instance. There enter the library.

@zabandija.9623 said:Thanks a lot guys! It was rather weird that a game so vast didn't have lore books like almost all the other games in the same genre (some of them with poorer lore). Seems anet changed their mind about that lately since HoT and lw3.

If memory serves, a system was due to ve with the original launch, but was cut due to time contraints. Whilst it is great to have them now, the lack of UI/stoarge for them is a bit annoying.

Archived