Guard -4600+ Burn Ticks What is going on?

EnderzShadow.2506

-Updated a few things for clarity-It's been a while since I've really been hit by anything so hard that it had me scratching my head

Doing a few matches tonight ( I play regularly between Gold and Low Plat), first the 2700+ ticks felt badAnd then same guy lit me up for 4600 burn ticks.(Contrary to popular opinion, I did not stand still as I am a Ranger main and we gotta keep it moving if were gonna live. And I do have a few decent cleanses)

Next match I fought a guard that hit me for one single 8956 in ONE burn.The log literally said "GuardXYZ hit you for 8956 Burn"(This could of been an error in the combat log as the combat log of this game has never been strong)

One of the other guys on my team claimed he was hit for 10k from the same guard.(his log was messed up to? /shrug)

I'm not calling for anything to be nerfed.I'm not trolling.I am not complaining about guards.It is not often I run across burn guards of this caliber and dmg.The fact that it happened BACK to BACK in 2 separate matches had me literally wondering if something was BUGGED in the game or if someone was hacking.*I am a little more paranoid of hacks, after watching a youtube video where the poster showed how easy it was--and he was trying to get ANET to notice and fix it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Burnfall your video is out of date as well as you can pick so many holes in it.Well I can fill some in. Its WvW so 1000 extra statpoint for either the same PvP damage as a glass cannon in bunker gear or as a bunker with twice the damage, also this kind of build is notoriously weak vs any kind of condi cleanse and a one-trick pony with a 20s+ cd on burst, stacking up vs a guard is just as stupid as it is vs a scourge and its on desert where 90% are noobs because no one really want to be there.

For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

It's not rocket science. c'mon.

Burn guards weren't viable before anet nerfed every single burst skill. Now, they are even more shit. To eat 8k burn ticks, means you dodged absolutely nothing and you didn't cleanse a single stack. Meaning the burst set up by JI, purging flames, double torch 4 and F1 is still weaker than hammer guard.

there is many forum posts about broken and unbalanced things. THIS POST is not one of those. THIS is literally a learn-to-play issue cuz u aint using any cleanse whatsoever and taking the burn guard like a pve dummy. sad but true. nothing that needs to be changed here everything is fine with this.

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Here is an Meta Burn Build for Guardian with 93% rating. I'm sure with some tweaking, some Guardian players can optimize at its full capacity.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_Burn_Guard

I'm sorry to say; i standby EnderzShadow and Guardian Burning need to be looked at.

(All conditions need to be toned down including Burning)

Burning on mirage and scourge can be tuned down. Burn guard is not meta nor great. Its a gimmick build that performs well vs ppl who just joined the game or are just very bad at pvp. If u nerf burn guard u nerf an alrdy dead build.

@Toron.4856 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Here is an Meta Burn Build for Guardian with 93% rating. I'm sure with some tweaking, some Guardian players can optimize at its full capacity.

I'm sorry to say; i standby EnderzShadow and Guardian Burning need to be looked at.

(All conditions need to be toned down including Burning)

Burning on mirage and scourge can be tuned down. Burn guard is not meta nor great. Its a gimmick build that performs well vs ppl who just joined the game or are just very bad at pvp. If u nerf burn guard u nerf an alrdy dead build.

I understand. Remember; no exceptions should be made when it comes for the health of the game.

This is certainly not a problem at all.Burn guards predominately apply one condition - burning, and this can be cleared rather easily. With the current condi meta, it's ludicrous not to have at least two ways to clear conditions in your build in a PVP environment.The 20+ stack application of burning is not instantaneous, it requires for a guard to offload several weapon skills and utilities to achieve this. All of those stacks can then be removed with just one cleanse.

I wouldn't want to sound too harsh, especially to newer players, but if you are getting loaded with that many stacks of burn, you need to consider watching your boons/conditions bar, dodging at least some of the attacks and most importantly, learning to use a condition cleanse.

@Burnfall.9573 said:what's interesting is that; Anet is repeating the same mistakes in the past to the game; classes that were once OP are returning. I believe Burning Guardian is without exception

There have been no significant changes to make burn guard suddenly unbalanced, in fact, the recent condi nerf has reduced the number of burning stacks applied by many skills for this profession. So if anything, it is now harder so stack this condition so much, meaning you have more time to clear it or avoid it.Check the December 12th '17 patch note extract below for reference: Symbol of Energy: Burning stacks inflicted have been adjusted from 2 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 12 seconds.Judge's Intervention: Burning stacks inflicted have been adjusted from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.Purging Flames: Burning has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.Signet of Judgment: Burning has been adjusted from 2 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 6 seconds.Chapter 2: Igniting Burst: Burning has been adjusted from 4 stacks for 3 seconds to 2 stacks for 6 seconds.

@Samnang.1879 said:For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

It's not rocket science. c'mon.

Mesmer cant 1v1 O M E G A L U L H I H I E C SD E E

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneouslyperhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

Did anyone of them ever tranfer/ cleanse them burns?

I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditions

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneouslyperhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditions

I hear they are 100 effective when you have like 1 main dmgimg condition and not much if any cover condis. Kinda like burn guard.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:This burned guardian burn tick is unbelievable!He was able to take down 2 opponents in seconds simultaneouslyperhaps something like this EnderzShadow?

I hear they are 100 effective when you have like 1 main dmgimg condition and not much if any cover condis. Kinda like burn guard.

I agree with you, but conditions overall are way to spammable in this game, on a low effort gemeplay level, u might cleanse once.ive done 12k burn ticks on spvp with a old blck n burn build before the guardian runes change, it was a self kill for any one who tryed to burst.

It is to easy to overstack conditions on players.

@"EnderzShadow.2506" said:It's been a while since I've really been hit by anything that feels completely OP.

Doing a few matches tonight, first the 2700+ ticks felt badAnd then same guy lit me up for 4600 burn ticksNext match I fought a guard that hit me for 8956 in ONE burn.One of the other guys on my team was hit for 10k from the same guard.

So the dots have everything going for them that dots get--fire and forget.And they hit like the power of old...

Something aint right

LOL, welcome back to 2014?I've been doing 6-10k burn ticks on guardian since they redid the traits and condis.Sure didn't check after the "condi nerf", but i'ts not abnormal.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditionsThey are if you have a stack of a single condition. What's problematic is having a lot of different stacks of different conditions.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

I agree with you, but conditions overall are way to spammable in this game, on a low effort gemeplay level, u might cleanse once.ive done 12k burn ticks on spvp with a old blck n burn build before the guardian runes change, it was a self kill for any one who tryed to burst.

Thank You Aeolus, that was what i meant to say.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

And btw that 12k burn tick on paper and in theory might look a rock for a scizor but it isnt, its just plain OP and a very dumb design it actually kills any possible gameplay, game is more about lame gimmick based on spam and powercreep momments rather than know how to play overall.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

And btw that 12k burn tick on paper and in theory might look a rock for a scizor but it isnt, its just plain OP and a very dumb design it actually kills any possible gameplay, game is more about lame gimmick based on spam and powercreep momments rather than know how to play overall.

i completely agree

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"EnderzShadow.2506" said:It's been a while since I've really been hit by anything that feels completely OP.

Doing a few matches tonight, first the 2700+ ticks felt badAnd then same guy lit me up for 4600 burn ticksNext match I fought a guard that hit me for 8956 in ONE burn.One of the other guys on my team was hit for 10k from the same guard.

So the dots have everything going for them that dots get--fire and forget.And they hit like the power of old...

Something aint right

LOL, welcome back to 2014?I've been doing 6-10k burn ticks on guardian since they redid the traits and condis.Sure didn't check after the "condi nerf", but i'ts not abnormal.

I'm sure you already know that cleanse and transfer aren't 100% effective against conditions because if that was the case; we wouldn't have issues dealing with conditionsThey are if you have a stack of a single condition. What's problematic is having a lot of different stacks of different conditions.

It's unfortunate Anet hasn't learned from history. I also agree with you ReaverKane with the stacking of different conditions as well.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Something aint right

It's unfortunate Anet hasn't learned from history. I also agree with you ReaverKane with the stacking of different conditions as well.

Dude nothing is wrong, they didn't change anything there wasn't anything to learn. Guardians have a single, easy to counter gimmick that was effective in 2015, and today is way less effective, unless going against a total rookie. That's why no one plays Burn Guards unless they're F2P players who don't have access to any elite spec.

I was actually thinking on revisiting my old Burn guard builds with firebrand, since the axe gives a bit more burning options, but with so many stronger condi builds out there, i didn't even try.

Archived