Annoyingly high latency since yesterday.

Like the title says. Ever since the patch came out, i've been getting high latency which causes 1-2 sec lag spikes.At first it was happening only in instanced areas such as fractals or pvp, but today, it's all over.

Now, for open world it's not that big of a deal, but at fractal CMs, a 2 sec lag is basically a death sentence.

Most of my friends are also experiencing this since yesterday.

I've been having this issue, too, high latency and frame stuttering. Definitely not making jumping puzzles any easier. lolIn my case, I think it might be a mixture of issues caused by the recent builds and the Microsoft and Nvidia Meltdown/Spectre updates clashing with each other. Hopefully doesn't last.

@Marcelonous.6481 said:I've been having this issue, too, high latency and frame stuttering. Definitely not making jumping puzzles any easier. lolIn my case, I think it might be a mixture of issues caused by the recent builds and the Microsoft and Nvidia Meltdown/Spectre updates clashing with each other. Hopefully doesn't last.

Yup, my issues started of the same time, 5FPS/400+MS and game becomes unplayable and it is all random. Whats funny about it all with GW2 versus other games, is the other games don't have the same issues like GW2 has.........And my problem will clear up whenever I restart the game only to come back at some random time. Its frustrating to see they merged a bunch of threads into a general thread for a POSSIBLE DDOS 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I've been lagging really bad since 2 days ago (the recent patch). It's really unplayable with 1-2 seconds delay + rubberbanding. However, my fps seems fine. I've been playing in NA server. Is there a support page to open ticket in guild wars 2?

PS: I tried other mmorpg and there's no lag (WoW and Elder Scrolls Online)

I am also experiencing this problem. Yesterday I could play perfectly, but today it is basically unplayable. Skills queue up without being fired, map transitions work only occasionally, mining and lumberjacking work for the first tick only. Insistence on interactions such as fighting or gathering results in a DC.

FPS remains the same, no problems there. Ping fluctuates wildly, from high 200s to low 1000s. If it matters, I am playing from Spain. Speedtest and other services (including other MMOs) are working just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Normally my ping is normal and I can just play the game fine, like i litterly never have any issuse with my ping, and since 2 days ago, i get over 200+ ping, from just standing in heart of the mists. I can't play because everything is lagging. When i play any other game ( lol, wow, csgo) my ping is 10-15. I even did a speed test and got 5 ping. So something in gw2 is making me lag, really hard. I just closed internet, discord anything that uses internet and I'm still lagging really bad. :(

I've pretty much given up on trying to play since this started happening a few days ago. It takes almost 5 minutes from the point of selecting a character to the point at which they are loaded in game. I clicked on a mail to retrieve an item and it took 2 minutes to complete that simple task. I can barely move without running off a cliff due to the high lag.

Archived