Why Leap Combo on Superior Rune of the Weaver

juno.1840

From the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Weaver

(1): +8 to All Stats(2): +5% Condition Duration.png Condition Duration(3): +12 to All Stats(4): +10% Condition Duration.png Condition Duration(5): +16 to All Stats(6): Gain a barrier when you execute a leap combo finisher.

We have one Leap Finisher on Sword (Air 2). Dagger has one Leap Finisher (Earth 2). Some conjured weapons and the Trident also have one leap finisher. The way the rune reads, you need to also trigger a combo on the Leap Finisher -- probably not too hard with all the fields created by the elementalist, but still more than just using the leap skill.

So how is this rune a "Weaver" rune? What am I missing?

Sorry about missing the 2nd sword skill. Was taking my leap-counts from the wiki page for Leap Finisher.

The way the rune reads, you'll need a Leap Combo finisher -- so simply using the leap skill to get into combat doesn't cut it. You need to drop a field first which takes away the advantage of a 400-range leap (in that you could run there in the same amount of time).

If you're not aware, you can use water 2 defensively to retreat or evade damage and, if you're running Arcane, you should be able to switch fast enough to Fire or Air to jump right back in with skill 2 and get a leap finisher, therefore allowing you to get a barrier right as you re-engage. Or if you use Fire 2, which drops a fire field or focus 4, and then Air 2 that allows you to stick to a target while also getting Barrier. Overall, I think it can be really good if the barrier that it gives is big enough.

Archived