API issue following 1/9 patch

Reedtanguerra.6425

@"shopt.1730" said:FWIW, this is happening to me too. I tired manually hitting https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/commerce/transactions/current/buys?access_token=9A35EEAF-206A-... (the rest of the key is deliberately omitted) in my browser, and I can seen that there's nothing after 2018-01-13T02:11:24+00:00, even though they exist in the trading post.

same issue here

Update: I filed a support ticket trying to get some help on this, and I just received the following response:

Hello,Thanks for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support!I would recommend you post your issue to the API development forum here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/api-developmentThe API developers as well as other players read this forum daily resolving issues and providing API support! :)

If you have any questions or need further assistance let us know!? SQUAWK! ?Regards,

GM GriffonGuild Wars 2 Support Team

Err, sooooo ..... we're here! :waves at dev team:

@"Reedtanguerra.6425" said:Update: I filed a support ticket trying to get some help on this, and I just received the following response:

Hello,Thanks for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support!I would recommend you post your issue to the API development forum here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/api-developmentThe API developers as well as other players read this forum daily resolving issues and providing API support! :)

If you have any questions or need further assistance let us know!? SQUAWK! ?Regards,

GM GriffonGuild Wars 2 Support Team

Err, sooooo ..... we're here! :waves at dev team:

Yes, still same issues here. My sales history updated once or twice since jan 9th but thats it.

Qeicherius, the dev from gw2efficiency said he talked to one of the gw2 devs about it, so i guess they are aware but not sure how high it is on their priority list.

I have small hopes that this is an intended API fail in order to clean up some TP bots but I doubt it.

@Wanze.8410 said:Qeicherius, the dev from gw2efficiency said he talked to one of the gw2 devs about it, so i guess they are aware but not sure how high it is on their priority list.

Honestly, makes sense that this issue would be a low priority as we're a pretty tiny group of players affected, but it's unclear if anyone at Anet is actually paying attention, so I'm just doggedly beating the drum till somebody over there says ZOMG we got it so shut up already! :D

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:Yep, I'm having the same problem on my gw2efficiency account.EDIT: specifically, it seems to be the Sell Listings which is not updating at all, and the Buy Listings is a bit flakey.

My last displayed sell listings are from 16 days ago and my last buy listings from 11 days ago.

My sales history updated 6 days ago for the last time (but that was only the 2nd update in a week) and my purchase history stopped working 17 days ago.

I see the same as Wanze for mine. Edit: actually, my buy lists are not updating whether any have been fulfilled. It still shows the same status as before the patch.

This is totally unrelated, but I'm just curious. I assume we all engage in player market trading on a reasonably regular basis to be using API tools. How many folks here work in a numbers-related profession in rl? I'm in accounting myself, and I find trading to make gold on the gw2 market fabulous fun (when I can actually see what I'm doing -.-). I'm curious what sorts of players are attracted to this playstyle!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just some stray thoughts.

1) API history requests are cached and not updating2) API current price requests are cached and are being updated

Appears the cache is not updating.

1) process that feeds items to the cache is stuck1.5) process that feed the cache is looking at the wrong place so nothing is being overwritten.2) cache got write-protected or other accidental permissions problem.3) clock that the cache process reads is off so it is still waiting the 5 minutes later it's waiting for to arrive.3.5) it's looking for an exact time instead of equals or greater than a time and time passed while it was off for an update.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I was loosing my mind. I literally just started to build a program on Sunday for my guild to use that would pull our entire guild roster and when people were promoted and I could not figure out why I was getting so few results. I could see donations of influence way back to 2015 but the oldest user invite/change/ect was back in January. Made no sense. Glad to see I am not loosing my mind and I hope its fixed so I can finish with my program.

• 2 months later...

in the hope that someone from Anet is reading this: fix the broken feature that many of us have come to depend on.
it's been a known issue for over 4 months now, and to the best of my ability i can't find an official post or public statement of any kind related to the issue. next step is to flood support with e-mails requesting an update to the issue, how major a problem can it be? we don't know because they're not saying boo about it either way.

@talkIRC.4319 said:in the hope that someone from Anet is reading this: fix the broken feature that many of us have come to depend on.

it's been a known issue for over 4 months now, and to the best of my ability i can't find an official post or public statement of any kind related to the issue. next step is to flood support with e-mails requesting an update to the issue, how major a problem can it be? we don't know because they're not saying boo about it either way.They have sorta responded, here in this forum.@MikeLewis.7496 said:For clarity, we are prioritizing fixes over additions for now. The trading post refresh issue is on our list and I'll be glad to post more information once we have it.This is the response we got

• 4 weeks later...

Archived